Black Monday VOL: Mort: Andy Reid to KC, Chip Kelly to Cle?

Good riddens to Lovie Smith. When you cant beat the Packers in 2 years yet the Vikings do it with ease is the final straw. He's great at defensive planning, but sucks hard at offense. Under his tenure the Offense has always placed near last place in the the NFL. I love Lovie's attitude and respect that he has for his players, but its time for him to go.
While we're at it, get rid of Urlacher and Hester. Urlacher is aging fast and Hester sucks at being a receiver. Get rid of Jemarcus Webb and the rest of the non productive players. We need to revamp and reclaim this division
smokin.gif
wrong all over...

keep lovie...keep devin...keep urlacher...

GET O LINEMEN!!!!!!!

good o lineman = healthy cutler = winning the north...

bad o lineman = jason cambell = firing your head coach....

Good riddens to Lovie Smith. When you cant beat the Packers in 2 years yet the Vikings do it with ease is the final straw. He's great at defensive planning, but sucks hard at offense. Under his tenure the Offense has always placed near last place in the the NFL. I love Lovie's attitude and respect that he has for his players, but its time for him to go.

While we're at it, get rid of Urlacher and Hester. Urlacher is aging fast and Hester sucks at being a receiver. Get rid of Jemarcus Webb and the rest of the non productive players. We need to revamp and reclaim this division :smokin

All of this. Sad to see him leave... Wish we could've demoted him to DC but when you have back to back years where you have great starts and your team sputters and fails to make the playoffs combined with consistently being in the bottom 5th of the league offensively then this shouldn't come as a surprise :\

32 teams... 1/5th roughly equates to 7 teams... Offense would have to be ranked higher than 25.to be out of the bottom 5th teams in the NFL.

Since Lovie took over in 04 the offense ranked higher than 23rd once. We've ranked 28th or lower 4x's.

So what about my math is off?

You follow the college game better, I heard rumblings of Saban? :nerd:

I think it bothers Saban that he couldn't win at the level he wanted to in the NFL. If he wins another championship (is it this weekend?), then I think he leaves for another shot at the NFL.

This is the most firings I can ever remember. Also gotta count when the Panthers fired Hurney earlier this year. I still can't believe Pioli hasn't been fired...

how is Schwartz not fired? :smh:

The Lions signed Schwartz to an extension through 2015 earlier this year. I think the Ford family didn't want to pay another coach...

i know hes signed through 2015 but still

i dont see this team doing any better next year, not enough discipline on this team. too many boneheaded decisions on and off the field.

if someone would take control of these players we would be in the playoffs right now.

32 teams... 1/5th roughly equates to 7 teams... Offense would have to be ranked higher than 25.to be out of the bottom 5th teams in the NFL.
Since Lovie took over in 04 the offense ranked higher than 23rd once. We've ranked 28th or lower 4x's.
So what about my math is off?

You're dead right. The Bears have never been a offense first team and thats the problem. You can't win Super Bowls by strictly relying on the defense. They tried Offense first earlier this season and when that failed, they went back to Defense first. The Packers rely on their pass game and the Vikings rely on Adrian Peterson to get them yeards. Both are effective and that's why both made the playoffs. The Bears plan of Cutler throwing to Brandon Marshall is good but wont last i the postseason. We desperately need a no. 2 WR to give Cutler more options. And we DESPARATELY need a total O-Line overhaul. This same problem is the reason that the Bears got blown out in the 2007 Super Bowl.

And VA757 youre delusional. I like Lovie but his timidness has grown stale. Hester is worthless now. He use to be able to get major yardage but hasnt done anything this year. He had his time in the spotlight and its time for him to fade out. Urlacher is 35 years old, which in ancient in the NFL, especially for a LB. We can possibly keep him another year if he agrees to a short term deal. We only need him in a restricted role or to mentor a rookie that we draft.

But the main focus for the Bears this season is to get another WR, a competent coach and Offensive Coordinator, and to beef up the O-Line like never before.

Please come back to Tampa and coach our defense, Lovie.

Not sure he'd be too keen to being an assistant of a control freak like Schiano though after being a head coach after all these years.

Lovie was a stand up guy and it must really hurt for the players who liked him (like Hester). However, his track record speaks for itself. After the second straight collapse at the end of the season he was bound to get fired. Good luck to him.

All of this. Sad to see him leave... Wish we could've demoted him to DC but when you have back to back years where you have great starts and your team sputters and fails to make the playoffs combined with consistently being in the bottom 5th of the league offensively then this shouldn't come as a surprise :\

This, right here.

It was just his time to go.

Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it

He'll get another job though

Arizona all over Andy Reid already. Lovie will find another gig asap, Bears just felt like they needed some change.

Kyle Shanahan? ******** had a great year, but don't think he's ready for the head gig yet.

Shwartz isn't getting fired, Ford family is cheap.

Reid interviewing for KC today, it's said if he chooses KC, Pioli is 100% gone. INterviewing with ARI tomorrow.

The Cardinals have in fact formally asked for permission from the Steelers to interview Todd Haley

The Bengals are really starting to come together as a team within the last 2 years in a tough division with them now making the playoffs and folks want Marvin Lewis out of a job??
Yup. 3 playoff appearances in the last 4 years as well. People in Cincinnati forget how much of a laughing stock that franchise was before he came there.

Nobody in Cincy has forgotten, that's why all the long time fans are so jaded. Marvin definitely helped give credibility back to the team, but I think overall he is a pretty average coach and I don't see him ever getting his team to a championship. That said guy could be a great GM, he has a good eye for talent but he will need to go elsewhere to do that (unless Mike does or really changes his ways). But Marvin overall is a .500 coach and I think his record is a pretty accurate reflection on how he is as a coach. Bengals fans though should appreciate the credibility and success he injected back into the franchise, I just think it will take another guy to take that next (and perhaps final) step

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom