Black Out at Century 20 in DC last night.

So I went to Century 20 last night to go check out Superbad again. After the movie was over, we decide to go eat at Fudruckers. Halfway through the meal, the lights go out. 10 minutes later, the lights are still off so we decide to leave.

As soon as I step out, I see HELLA people outside the theaters. I believe power went out on the entire block including streetlights. Everyone from the threatres had to leave so you can imagine how many people there were. I honestly felt like I was walking through a crowded club.

The worst part was the parking situation. If you can imagine, you have the entire parking garage all trying to leave at the same time. Of course people are @#%$ @#%$ so they dont want to let you back out. I mean, people see me trying to come out but of course they speed up and dont let me in. I tell dude next to me to get out and block traffic so I can get out. I then blocked for him to get out. Some dumb females were calling us @#%$, etc. So finally, like 20 mins later, Im out of the garage. My friend was in her car on the top level and told me it took her over an hour to get out.

Just wanted to share.

wow...that must have been crazy...what time did lights come back on?

just a few side notes:

-imagine the refunds and all paperwork the theatre has to go through...not only that, but fandango as well...then you have to watch a movie you already partially saw...must suck for people that were like 90% done with their movie

-while waiting to leave the parking lot, i had my car running and my windows down. tell me why some girl opens my door and sits in my passenger seat. i kinda give here a look like.... @#%$?.....she said sorry and got out. HELLA random. she wasn't even cute or nothing. I ran into her later. Her bf was driving a 350Z so I can see how she got that car confused with my G, but damn, his car is white and mine is black...lol.

Lies! I went what time at night?
ANd I had power but I was on the west side of the mini-bridge
-Lil Lazy
TEAM EQUIPO 49erz

:lol:
laugh.gif
WANTED SUPREME HIGHS SIZE 13

i was there with a couple of my folks tryna catch superbad at 905. workers said to come back another time to get refunded. we didnt get out the garage till 930 and then we headed to the old century by tanforan. they let us in with our ticketstub from the other theater. plan on still getting my refund too.

Heard about this, my friend was stuck in the parking lot for the LONGEST time.

And having blackouts/false fire alarms are definitely NOT fun for the employees. Went through a few during my days there..

rolling blackouts are apparently a common occurence in DC. one of my good boys lives out there and says they have em all the time.

in any case, i dig Fuddruckers and flicks too, but Century 20 is like a circus, so i never go there unless i really have to.
i rather pay for parking at AMC 1000 on Van Ness.

besides, AMC >>> Century. my trusty student ID still works. lol
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

Was there last night as well, came around 8:35pm and saw the whole block was lights out. We parked and figured that Century was lights out as well but i heard they had back up generators. We left and everyone was still walking towards the theater :smh:
smh.gif
. Folks were stuck in the elevator and ringing the emergency bell non-stop :wow:
eek.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

i guess that explains the traffic light that was out on lake merced when coming off of 280 around 8:30 last night...then a block later, the lights at SF state worked fine...
...word

sounds crazy, never had something like that happen to me
FOR SALE: Silver HUF 3M Fitted size 7 5/8

I live like a good 10 blocks from that theater and we didn't get a black out.

However, my brother picked me up from work around 8:30 and when passing by Century, we were passing by and saw that the lights completely went out in the area.

I was like :wow:
eek.gif
TEAM WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Cabarkapa - Davis - Ellis - Foyle
Harrington - Jackson - Jasikevicius - Lasme - O'Bryant - Pietrus - Powell - Wright

Driving home from dinner at Bobo's, I noticed the blackout when i exited 280 around 9pm. It was mad dark, no

streetlights/ cops doing traffic control. Surprisingly my neighborhood had power, I live up john daly blvd off of hillside/ behind

jollibee. Glad i wasn't at the theatre, sounded like torture just trying to leave the garage.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID, BOY!!!

Quote:
besides, AMC >>> Century. my trusty student ID still works. lol

i used to do that all the time. for a little while they didnt even care, all u had to say was i want a student discount and they gave it to you.!

hardly any theaters are that strict on student ids.....only when you get some punk kid on a powertrip do they check real carefully.

btw, i just got carded a couple days ago. i guess the rest home can wait a little longer. lol
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

AMC? Wheres that at? Van Ness? If I'm right, that place is dead and i like it :lol:
laugh.gif
. Its nice getting away from all the big crowds at Century.
"The Art of Simplicity"

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
you think thats strict policy, every body who works in amc or cinema in the south bay are pricks! >:
mad.gif
they never hook a brother up when i dont have my ID

Back
Top Bottom