Black "Stealth" Foamposite ones!!! December 14th, 2012 - A FRIDAY!!!!

That snow pic :nthat: :nthat:
Using them for what they're built for... An all black Foam is the perfect winter shoe.

the clear sole not so much though. the anthracites are better built for that with their all black sole. no concerns about yellowing. that gets on my nerves more than anything else, but that's what seaglow is for i guess...

Actually I had the OG royals, and the OG Pro's. This is my third pair of foams, my first retro. I would never wear clear (or remotely clear) soles in the snow. Why speed up the yellowing process. I also wouldn't wear my $220 shoes in the rain. But to each his/her own. I'm 30 years old with a wife and a house. I don't buy multiple pairs of 1 shoe, so I like to protect the ones I do have.

Unds mine this morning. Little wet outside no biggie.

I love all the pics of these in the snow! Whenever it's raining down here. Which is usually a lot! I only rock my foams. Things are like tanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain is preference thing but i've never understood wearing sneakers in the snow, icy sidewalks and driveways are a recipe for disaster.

Actually I had the OG royals, and the OG Pro's. This is my third pair of foams, my first retro. I would never wear clear (or remotely clear) soles in the snow. Why speed up the yellowing process. I also wouldn't wear my $220 shoes in the rain. But to each his/her own. I'm 30 years old with a wife and a house. I don't buy multiple pairs of 1 shoe, so I like to protect the ones I do have.

The shoes are just rubber and leather, and the snow is just water. People need to settle down, acting scared to give normal wear to mass-produced easily replaceable sneakers.

One of the hallmarks of the foam is their durability. Being afraid to wear them in the elements is absurd - people might as well be saying they're afraid to wear a North Face in bad weather.

The only reason a $200+ pair of plain black sneakers even makes is sense as an alternative to a boot in bad weather.

Last edited:
The shoes are just rubber and leather, and the snow is just water. People need to settle down, acting scared to give normal wear to mass-produced easily replaceable sneakers.

:\ not exactly when it comes to the stealth foams. and definitely for no where near retail.

it's not that novel an idea that some people like to wear their shoes, but also avoid wearing them in conditions that would turn them into beaters faster (i.e rain, snow, mud, hiking, construction work, etc).

I applaud those who wear them in rain and snow, y'all are better than me. At the end of the day, they spent their money, so they can rock em how they see fit. Some don't care if they yellow.

:\ not exactly when it comes to the stealth foams. and definitely for no where near retail.
it's not that novel an idea that some people like to wear their shoes, but also avoid wearing them in conditions that would turn them into beaters faster (i.e rain, snow, mud, hiking, construction work, etc).

Nope.

Exactly.

Nike made tens of thousands of pairs, and half the people who bought them don't even wear them. You may have to pay a bit above box to get them, but they are ubiquitous. There's nothing to protect - these are glorified goon kicks.

Last edited:
We're all different and just need to accept we"ll wear our shoes differently.
I've got some shoes that are 5-6 yrs old that I wear but the look ds whereas I see a lot of guys in shoes that came out last week but look like they've walked through a muddy field in them.

I'm from Chicago and we tend to have harsh winters so outside of work out shoes, I don't wear anything but Tim's and Acg boots from Nov-Mar.

Back
Top Bottom