Blackalicious>Papoose

that's obvious. gab is a better emcee, and xl makes way hotter beats than pap does. does pap even make beats? two of my top five favorite rappers though.

but both of their alphabet songs are ill. it sounds to me that you, like many on niketalk, don't like papoose. thankfully, i'm not in that group.

i know how the hype thing works; he was hyped up before i checked for him, but i gave him a chance and was blown away. i can tell you some stuff that mightimpress you, but then again, it might not.

but did you like the songs monopoly and sharades? because if you don't like those, i don't think he's for you.

ditch the mixtape, just check the song. try to get sharades from the 'mixtape murder' tape. the sharades song that is on the sharades mixtape has funkflex talking over it and rewinding it and doing random dj stuff to it because he played it on his show.

if you end up liking the song, check out menace 2 society part 2.

I actually dont like their music dude sounds funny to me when he raps reminds me of Disposable Heroes.

For me Pap >>>>>>>>

smokin.gif

Pap is alright.

When he started out with sharaes and monopoly I was curious.

Now I don't really care for him and his million mixtapes he has out.

Maybe if he becomes more polished or something, but I don't see him going to far from where he currently is at.

I still have hope for pap......... he got mad potential...... i feel his songs & he better than most these clowns out..

I'm a big fan of Papoose, but I'm not listening to his new stuff until it's on a real album.

it's not even close IMO.

Gift of Gab is a much more complete artist. Pap on the otherhand, is as 1-dimensional as it gets. that monotonous flow gets old after 2 or 3 songs. i can'teven make it through one of his mixtapes, while Gab has several very good albums.

Gab can spit just as hard as Pap, and that's all that Pap has going for him.

Its amazing how yall Ns can speak on Pap about what he lacks and then turn around and say yall havent heard a whole mixtape, which is it?
laugh.gif
I mean ok his flow is whack or its the same whack flow or he screams on thetrack w/e but to say he is 1-dimensional is daft and a hollow statement on him as an artist.

smokin.gif

laugh.gif
i've heard plenty of Pap material to base my opinion on, i was making a point that his monotonous style is hard to tolerate after a couple songs.

i'm not denying that he's talented, but his flow and voice is so redundant and repetitive on literally every song, that it's impossible to listento, regardless of how many syllables he can flip over and over.

Artificial amateurs aren't at all amazing...

that's the only line I remember from Gab's version.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

laugh.gif
i've heard plenty of Pap material to base my opinion on, i was making a point that his monotonous style is hard to tolerate after a couple songs.

i'm not denying that he's talented, but his flow and voice is so redundant and repetitive on literally every song, that it's impossible to listen to, regardless of how many syllables he can flip over and over.

and Blackalicious is better?
laugh.gif
if we talkin bout flow n voices nah manthey have pretty good beats n content but them over Pap
laugh.gif

Its your opinion tho

smokin.gif

those saying they won't listen to an artist named blackalicious sound like the people who were always asking 'what the f is a papoose'. you'regoing to let a name stop you from listening? oh well.
They suck.
really now.......i can't take that seriously.
and Blackalicious is better?
laugh.gif

i would say so, but i feel that both of them are top five right rappers. if papoose would drop an album, he would easily be the best mainstreamrapper out. i was hoping that pap and saigon would bring lyrics back to the game, but so far, pap is making me eat my words. people can say what they wantabout pap, but the song versatility puts those notions to rest, imo.

their flow is alot more intesense and harder to duplicate than Pap's

pap is basically talking, with very little rhythm

what gift of gab does takes many more years of dedication

MASTA ACE !

alphabet soup!

but yes....i do agree Gift of Gab is dope......blackalicious puts on a great live show

Back
Top Bottom