BLATANT littering grinds my gears....

It especially bothers me when it's in youw OWN neighborhood. It's like throwing trash in your own house. I dont understand why people dont feel like this?

I mean.. My neighborhood is this entire planet, but I dont expect people to look at things in the same scale as I do, but how could you not feel this from a "local" (state/county/city) level?

Word.

I work as a sales associate at a Wal-Mart Supercenter, and one of my duties is to zone/clean/straighten merchandise on the shelves.  I have dealt with empty water/drink bottles, candy wrappers, and paper bags, cups, and boxes from McDonalds.  The toy department at my store is notorious for having litter left on the shelves.
sick.gif

The dudes that blatantly litter will drive 10 minutes to get some grub, but you're crazy to think that these dudes would have the decency to throw away their own trash.

It bothers me when people THROW their Washington Post Express on the floor of the Metro. I mean fold it up and place it in a chair for the next person to come along and read it. Don't just open it up and throw it on the floor. I hate that. I also hate to see people eating on the train. I don't want my train system looking like that "Concrete Jungle" up north.

Also, in the defense of certain hoods, there aren't many disposable trashcans just sitting along the streets (where I am from). You can go blocks without seeing a trash can unless there is a big dumpster near a school or a few trashcans near the Metro. But if someone is just walking down the street, they can not see a trashcan for a while.

THIS needs to change.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

I called a couple friends out about it and they hit me with the
ohwell.gif
 only because they were embarrassed at how dumb it looked in retrospect. 
Even if you think its makes no difference on the environment, on a social level it makes you look pretty simple-minded.

Mogs 20+ years old droppin' **** on the ground. 
laugh.gif
. Like grow up.
Honestly, I think littering is partially thought out. I think everyone, especially in the hood, wants to be recognized as "not giving a damn." Littering is a form of rebelling against the establishment almost. So I think people know it isn't right but out of laziness and wanting to APPEAR to not give a damn, they litter.

i did 80 hours of community picking up peoples trash, bumpers, bird poop, random dirt and other crap.

i see it as my privledge to lend a helping hand , and litter so those people that are in the position i was, have something to pick up.

%#%! pisses me off big time
30t6p3b.gif

I live in the city so i see it all the time... when i go to more pleasant parts of the country its nice to see literally no litter at all.

If you see someone blatantly littering; walk over to that person, pick up their trash, and throw it away.
It's so subtle but effective.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I was walking behind a guy who was smoking a cigarette.

He tossed his cigarette to the ground.

I walked over, picked it up, and handed it to him saying "excuse me, I think you dropped this."

He just stared at me but took it from my hand and carried it across the street to a trash can.
Man, they hate that don't they.

I've always found the smoking thing interesting - almost like allowable littering - for years they just threw these little burning things away - or at best rubbed them out with their shoe and then walked away. At least round here that's changed and you can be fined for littering just the same as if you threw a chip bag away.

Seems to have made a difference too - there are definitely less cigarette butts lying around. Probably partly with the whole stigma that surrounds smoking now too though.

yeah at least 1000 cigarette butts are on the ground because of me. But what up to day 2 of quitting.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

ohwell.gif
Even if you think its makes no difference on the environment, on a social level it makes you look pretty simple-minded.

laugh.gif
. Like grow up.
Honestly, I think littering is partially thought out. I think everyone, especially in the hood, wants to be recognized as "not giving a damn." Littering is a form of rebelling against the establishment almost. So I think people know it isn't right but out of laziness and wanting to APPEAR to not give a damn, they litter.

One of the dumber things you've ever said. You think dudes throw their empty water bottle on the ground and think to self "just got my 10+ swag points?" nah..lol I throw my trash on the ground because I don't feel like carrying it anymore.
indifferent.gif
Never even think twice about it, in fact, I usually make sure nobody is watching since its pretty much frowned upon.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
. Like grow up.
I gotta agree w. this. 

Originally Posted by IamMD

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
. Like grow up.

One of the dumber things you've ever said. You think dudes throw their empty water bottle on the ground and think to self "just got my 10+ swag points?" nah..lol I throw my trash on the ground because I don't feel like carrying it anymore.
indifferent.gif
Never even think twice about it, in fact, I usually make sure nobody is watching since its pretty much frowned upon.

And you are EXACTLY what DC is talking about...the fact that you recognize that you litter on the regular makes you a lame.  You're COGNIZANT of when you do it...you're not subconsciously doing this.  There is no point to your littering other than to well, just litter.  Pathetic. 

saw a chick not once but twice throw soda bottles on the tracks by opening up the train door in the tunnels ...

she ran the 2nd time though to another car after she did it
30t6p3b.gif

nyc is so filthy

I do my best to throw all my trash away. I even go to the point where if I don't see a recycling bin, I'll hold the bottle until I do (come at me
laugh.gif
) I just try my best to keep things clean. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

indifferent.gif

And you are EXACTLY what DC is talking about...the fact that you recognize that you litter on the regular makes you a lame.  You're COGNIZANT of when you do it...you're not subconsciously doing this.  There is no point to your littering other than to well, just litter.  Pathetic. 

You are not smart at all. I'm a lame because i litter?
indifferent.gif
 Have never heard anything more ridiculous.  I never even thought about it until this thread came up.  i recognize that i litter because..well..I do it it often. My car is always trashed with empty water bottles/trash..so when it accumulates and i'm not near a trash can..it will get tossed out.  but cool, im a lame because i litter 
laugh.gif

edit: couldnt i use your same logic to say you recognize that you throw trash in a bin and you're concious of it so that makes YOU a lame?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

welcome to america
indifferent.gif
 as if Americans are the only people that litter...god you aren't smart.

dog you stay on my ****...you don't think I don't know american's arent the only one's that litter? OP 9/10 lives here, so that's why I said what I said.

you got arguments going on with OTHER nters in this thread, NOT ME

don't respond to anything I put up, I haven't responded to you...I've been more than patient with you on here....

you too close to be trying to pop +!@% slim....I'm telling you to fall back...I don't do this internet nonsense..

I'm highly intelligent you *!$!!!+. I knew you was going to stay some stupid %%+* soon as I posted.

welcome to america
indifferent.gif
 as if Americans are the only people that litter...god you aren't smart.

dog you stay on my ****...you don't think I don't know american's arent the only one's that litter? OP 9/10 lives here, so that's why I said what I said.

you got arguments going on with OTHER nters in this thread, NOT ME

don't respond to anything I put up, I haven't responded to you...I've been more than patient with you on here....

you too close to be trying to pop +!@% slim....I'm telling you to fall back...I don't do this internet nonsense..

I'm highly intelligent you *!$!!!+. I knew you was going to stay some stupid %%+* soon as I posted.

laugh.gif
 you a bama like %+@% jo.

Got hit with a whole bag of mcdonalds trash once on the highway

Call highway patrol report it.

Note the highway - direction - mile marker

$250 fine

TROLL LIFE

i hate people that litter on highways.  Littering sucks in general but ive done it not gonna lie.  But throwing things out your window on the highway and getting Sweet'n'sour sauce on my windshield is BS.  I will call cops you will get got lol

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

indifferent.gif

Point proven either way.
Its just sheer laziness.

I dos it a few tes recently...threw it directly out the car window, went to walgreens with my boy got muscle milk and a few cliff nars after a workout...bags and bottles was pissing me off the whole car ride
mad.gif
...launched em out the window, a single f*** was given cant lie

Other then that I domt liter

I'm a bamma? Lol but your bamma !%+ had to hit me with the private message.

IamMd You a joke slim with the clown paint on your face.You a coward.

Back
Top Bottom