Blue Insoles: The major comfort factor

So, I have been searching the forums and can't find anything on insoles (my apologies for lack of navigation skills).  Anyway, I have noticed a substantial difference in comfort between the blue foam insoles that are in many nike shoes now and the hard, dense grey rubber/foam that is in some other nike shoes.  Does anyone know how to snag those blue insoles?  I think I have purchased and returned a handful of pairs of sneakers online, simply because of the disappointment of that dense grey insole.

I took my max 2009s this morning and traded the insole with this rock hard gray one that came in my max 97 retros.  It's night and day.  The 2009s were not at all comfortable with the gray, and the 97s were much improved with the blue insole.

What gives?

ok I'm going to clear it up for u... at one point Nike was putting Fit Soles in there better running shoes just for better comfort, and now up until just recently they have been placing different fit soles in shoes at different price points... Fit Soles are for Fit, Cushioning and Support... so as of the last couple months Fit Soles work like this....

FITSOLE 1 are insoles for Nike running shoes that are around the $90 price point... they are made out of Molded EVA...

FITSOLE 2 are insoles for Nike running shoes that range from $90-$115... they differ depending on gender... women fitsole 2 are made out of single layer ortholite... men's fitsole 2 are made out of single layer contain...

FITSOLE 3 are insoles for Nike running shoes that are around the $115 price point... they are made out of double layer ortholite...

FITSOLE 4 are insoles for Nike running shoes that are around the $130 price point... they are made out of memory foam top, EVA base, and arch & heel clip....

I hope this helps..

und the $90 price point... they are made out of Molded EVA...

FITSOLE 2 are insoles for Nike running shoes that range from $90-$115... they differ depending on gender... women fitsole 2 are made out of single layer ortholite... men's fitsole 2 are made out of single layer contain...

FITSOLE 3 are insoles for Nike running shoes that are around the $115 price point... they are made out of double layer ortholite...

FITSOLE 4 are insoles for Nike running shoes that are around the $130 price point... they are made out of memory foam top, EVA base, and arch & heel clip....

I hope this helps..

Interesting topic... Thanks HOHLegend!
smokin.gif

I'm going to have to go home now after work & see if my kicks' insoles have any markings on the bottom to signify which ones I have besides pricepoint...

LOL now we are going to have guys running through outlets trying to switch out insoles from the higher end shoes into other pairs... like what used to happen with the Air Zoom insoles from Nike SBs & Flightposite 3s...

price point and Fitsole category have no relation to each other, it is based on the type of classification of the running shoe (ie stabililty, motion control, lightwight, Etc)

only Fitsole 4 is distinctly different from the rest- ie stability cradle around the heel into midfoot; Fitsole 1-3  seem to only vary based on amount of weight/cushion it provides

example
Air Pegasus 27 $90 MSRP - Fitsole 2
Air Pegasus 28 $90 MSRP - Fitsole 2
Air Max Moto 8 $95 MSRP - Fitsole 2
Air Max Moto 9 $95 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Air Structure Triax 14 MSRP $100 - Fitsole 2
Lunar Elite $100 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Lunar Elite 2 $100 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Lunar Glide 2$100 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Lunar Glide 3 $100 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Lunar Haze $110 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Shox Turbo 11 $115 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Shox Turbo 12 $120 MSRP - Fitsole 1
Lunar Eclipse $130 MSRP - Fitsole 4
Zoom Vomero 5 $130 MSRP - Fitsole 3
Zoom Vomero 6 $130 MSRP - Fitsole 3
Air Max 2010 $160 MSRP - Fitsole 2
Air Max 2011 $160 MSRP - Fitsole 2

I do a lot of running, and I didn't care for the Fitsole 4 in my Lunar Eclipse.  I liked the Fitsole 2 a lot better that were in my Pegasus and Structures.  Haven't bought any Vomero's yet, so not sure about the Fitsole 3.

Back
Top Bottom