BMW 5-Series GT - A Prius, Aztek or a 6-Series Sedan Inspired? (pics)

Originally Posted by dugtrio

what someone drives is irrelevant. i can almost guarantee i have driven more luxury/sports cars than anyone on this maybe a few people might have me beat.

What cars how many times and where have you driven it?I've ran my GT3 at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca,Buttonwillow, Willow Springs big track, etc. What someonedrives, especially a carhead is relevant because it shows their preferences.

i've driven everything from a c6 lingenfelter vette, 911 turbos, gt-r's to flying spurs and c63's. i am just a valet. but i had worked in a 5star hotel for some years, and the route we had to take to bring the cars around was about a 10 mintue drive. so basically i have given alot of cars"test drives"
laugh.gif
just is nice to have driven a whole bunch of cars i cantafford yet and be able to know what i like and what i dont already.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

what someone drives is irrelevant. i can almost guarantee i have driven more luxury/sports cars than anyone on this maybe a few people might have me beat.

exactly. like i said, dude is terrible at making a great argument.
laugh.gif

thinking that driving a @%^@# 5 series makes you look cool.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
please, i see more of those in the hood than camrys.

I not one time mentioned what I drove specifically that I had a 5 series... I simply asked what you drove since you said let the big boys discuss cars... I waswondering what you drove since you made that statement. It kingd of implies that you are more qualified than everybody else to discuss these cars. Maybe Ishould have asked you what qualified you to make that statement.

You used grade school logic. I simply gave you objective evidence to the contrary. You then came back with more grade school logic and closed it out with thestatment that I referenced above. Now you are filling your response with
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
because you do not have anything logical or factual that you can baseyour opinion on.

Im through...

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by finnns2003

exactly. like i said, dude is terrible at making a great argument.
laugh.gif

thinking that driving a @%^@# 5 series makes you look cool.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
please, i see more of those in the hood than camrys.

I not one time mentioned what I drove specifically that I had a 5 series... I simply asked what you drove since you said let the big boys discuss cars... I was wondering what you drove since you made that statement. It kingd of implies that you are more qualified than everybody else to discuss these cars. Maybe I should have asked you what qualified you to make that statement.

You used grade school logic. I simply gave you objective evidence to the contrary. You then came back with more grade school logic and closed it out with the statment that I referenced above. Now you are filling your response with
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
because you do not have anything logical or factual that you can base your opinion on.

Im through...
Give me a break. I already told you, car sales is a poor indicator. Some buy off brand name alone.

^
Since actual sales is a poor indicator of a cars appeal... What is the better indicator? Let me guess. Your opinion. There is a difference between beingsubjective and objective. Like I said earlier in the thread. Audi, BMW, and Merc all make great cars. Each brand has its pluses and minuses. For example Audikills BMW and Merc when it comes to AWD drive cars. However, by doing so they sacrifice balance and proportion in some cases. Merc has the most powerfulengines but they have yet to find a way to transfer all of that power to the road in an efficient manner. Therefore their high AMG cars are not going to beable to hang with /M cars in many scenarios. BMW will focus on making lightweight cars but sacrifice when it comes the extra bling that comes with a Merc.

My point is just because Audi is killing BMW in your eyes does not mean that the opposite is not true in another person's eyes. It is all personalpreference. However, if you take a step back and try to look at the forest instead of the trees you will see that for whatever reasons BMW has been the mostsuccessful at producing vehicles that more people want to buy. In the end you best believe that the most important number in an Audi, BMW, or Merc boardrom issales. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

just to clarify i think we are arguing the 09 audi interiors are better, not pre when they were basically vw interiors.

the face and the *%+% on this car are busted. if this car was a girl, i'd only call after twelve.

^
Since actual sales is a poor indicator of a cars appeal... What is the better indicator? Let me guess. Your opinion. There is a difference between being subjective and objective. Like I said earlier in the thread. Audi, BMW, and Merc all make great cars. Each brand has its pluses and minuses. For example Audi kills BMW and Merc when it comes to AWD drive cars. However, by doing so they sacrifice balance and proportion in some cases. Merc has the most powerful engines but they have yet to find a way to transfer all of that power to the road in an efficient manner. Therefore their high AMG cars are not going to be able to hang with /M cars in many scenarios. BMW will focus on making lightweight cars but sacrifice when it comes the extra bling that comes with a Merc.

My point is just because Audi is killing BMW in your eyes does not mean that the opposite is not true in another person's eyes. It is all personal preference. However, if you take a step back and try to look at the forest instead of the trees you will see that for whatever reasons BMW has been the most successful at producing vehicles that more people want to buy. In the end you best believe that the most important number in an Audi, BMW, or Merc boardrom is sales. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics". Those numbers do not tell the whole story, so there's no point inusing that. Not only is the margin not very wide, you have to take "hypebeasts" into account. People want status, they're brand !@*+%.

A lot of people I know, know what a M3 is. Those same people couldn't tell me what an S5 or IS-F is. Is the M3 a great car? Hell yeah, but those other carsare no slouches, but because they don't have the BMW name they're already at a disadvantage. Tell me I'm lying on that.

You cannot use those raw numbers and tell me that's why BMW's are better cars.

^
I never said BMWs are better cars... As a matter of fact I said BMW, Audi, and Merc all make great cars... Once again I simply responded to the assertion thatAudi was killing BMW... when the fact remains that BMW is still the worlds leading luxury car manufacturer.

/discussion

i'm sorry but Audi is WINNING right now.

BMW tryna make their cars like Azteks (Triangles and %#*!)
smh.gif
BAD LOOK.

I give audi credit for stepping up their game, but to say AUDI>BMW is just crazy. Audi def. has some nice cars, but I'll still take a bmw anyday. Theonly audi I would ever consider is the R8(v10 version). I'll take a 3,5 and 6(bmw) series anyday over the 4,5,6 series(Audi).

^
Since actual sales is a poor indicator of a cars appeal... What is the better indicator? Let me guess. Your opinion. There is a difference between being subjective and objective. Like I said earlier in the thread. Audi, BMW, and Merc all make great cars. Each brand has its pluses and minuses. For example Audi kills BMW and Merc when it comes to AWD drive cars. However, by doing so they sacrifice balance and proportion in some cases. Merc has the most powerful engines but they have yet to find a way to transfer all of that power to the road in an efficient manner. Therefore their high AMG cars are not going to be able to hang with /M cars in many scenarios. BMW will focus on making lightweight cars but sacrifice when it comes the extra bling that comes with a Merc.

My point is just because Audi is killing BMW in your eyes does not mean that the opposite is not true in another person's eyes. It is all personal preference. However, if you take a step back and try to look at the forest instead of the trees you will see that for whatever reasons BMW has been the most successful at producing vehicles that more people want to buy. In the end you best believe that the most important number in an Audi, BMW, or Merc boardrom is sales. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

BMW makes lightweight cars?IMO their strong point just concerning M because I could care less about a regular bmw are their high revving engines. Will the nextMs be forced induction?

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

^

BMW makes lightweight cars?IMO their strong point just concerning M because I could care less about a regular bmw are their high revving engines. Will the next Ms be forced induction?
Yes, the new F-series BMW will be using forced induction(about 95% sure). I really would love a N/A v10 with 600HP
embarassed.gif
, but it would be more efficient to go with forced induction
mad.gif
. They are planning on using a twin turbo v8, with somewhere around 550HP. Iperosonally think that if they go forced induction, atleast go with a v10 with an output of atleast 600HP. I also wish they try and make it a little lighter,my m5 weighs somewhere around 4000-4100 pounds.

They are also going to be introducing the "m series" of the x5,x6 and possible the 1 series.

^
Yes the new M series cars will use forced induction... BMW is claiming it is for efficiency reasons though. So yes they are kind of abandoning their philosophyof high reving NA engines. From a BMW insider over at GermanCarZone.

I look forward over the next two weeks to explain how M Division will become the absolute pinnacle of the "Efficient Dynamics" Programme.

You will learn why this new direction is indeed going to seperate BMW from the competition - BMW are not intent on prolonging the power war but more the sustainability of these cars for the future.

Then as there will be M drive using updated technology a further edition titled M"e" Drive will showcase very much how these cars will prepare themselves to offset any future emission clauses without losing their connection to BMW's f1 programme. Even with todays car you can alter the settings to unleash all the power , the new M5 will continue this feature but with the ability to close down cylinders that are not required for say driving in a city or town.

Then there is Aluminum-Lithium alloy wheels with option carbon fibre brakes , laminated aluminum carbon fibre body panels and BMW Active Aerodynamics.

M division is reinventing itself for the future , Turbo charging is very much a new era but the results are proving to be astounding.
This whole converstion will be about the six cylinder turbo introduction again , not sure? against the philosophy ?

Wow what an amazing engine!

^
I never said BMWs are better cars... As a matter of fact I said BMW, Audi, and Merc all make great cars... Once again I simply responded to the assertion that Audi was killing BMW... when the fact remains that BMW is still the worlds leading luxury car manufacturer.

/discussion
Eh... in my opinion, the new generation of Audi's tell me that Audi has progressed rapidly while BMW is starting to digress. I mean, look atthis latest 'design' featured in the thread. It's atrocious.

So yeah, 'currently' BMW is the world's leading luxury car manufacturer, but that can change fast if their designs keep looking like hot trash.Step 1 was Bangle leaving.

Back
Top Bottom