BMW 8 series anybody?

In my quest for a nice coupe to settle on, im considering this. Any experiences? i know maintenance is gonna hit like any other bimmer, but they got diyguides all over. pic to refresh memories
bmw07.jpg

Maintenance isn't the only thing that you'll be worried about. Gas is gonna kill ya, V8/V12 tho?
eek.gif
eek.gif

BTW: i never knew BMW had an 8 series, i thought you meant their next year line up or something.

the 8 series is pretty old , i think they stop making them in 97 or 98 .... for the price on the 8 series you should look into a newer 6 ... but 8 series stillbreak my neck

I was never a huge fan, but it's a pretty sweet car. I rarely ever see one anymore...

My uncle in florida has/had one..It jus sat in his driveway for a good min while he was in prison..

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

My uncle in florida has/had one..It jus sat in his driveway for a good min while he was in prison..
You should've "borrowed" it

It is a beast. Gas is a Beast, Maint is a Beast, the chick you get will be Beast....good luck. Might be cheaper to get a new 5 series though.

Only thing that you may get tired of is that, since it's older, it might be missing certain minor luxuries you could be getting in a newer BMW. I'msure most things could be installed with aftermarket parts (ex. ipod/aux, navigation, bluetooth, etc), but I think it would get to me. Also, theinteriors in older BMWs are very very bland.

Those are sick. Theres 2 black ones pretty close to my crib so I take seeing them for granted.

I was feeling kinda nostalgic, i was looking at an nsx also. None of these are prolly good ideas for daily drivers.

ehh theres better cars out there... I have a 330Ci and i'm sure it has more amenities than that car despite them being roughly the same cost.

BMW should Bring the 8-series back...I heard they were a few years ago, but i've yet to see concepts

w0w don't think I've ever seen an 8 before..then again Im not a real Bimmer fan.

I'm guessing its not very cheap and hard to find..

One of my favorite cars....though I don't like this one specifically with a spoiler.
Alpina would be fine.

And no never as a daily driver.

It's dubbed as the most unreliable BMW of all time. Great car though, just make sure you have the money to take care of it.

Originally Posted by wj4

It's dubbed as the most unreliable BMW of all time. Great car though, just make sure you have the money to take care of it.
i guess i'll pass on anything with that title.

Back
Top Bottom