BMWs :Show off Yours

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Saw this yesterday... surprising how many (about 5) nice cars parked in that neighborhood.
See Gucci Mane - Trap House.

Nice vehicles parked in an area with housing like above usually means.... where the product is being cooked up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

Im in the market for a new car, thinking about a used BMW 3 maybe 5 series from 2001-2006. Are BMWs generally reliable? I heard BMWs have really high maintenance costs and arent too reliable compared to other luxury makers. Can someone shed some light light on the subject?

BMW gets a bad rep only because people without the know how just take it to the dealer who charge $150 for an oil change
laugh.gif
fact is many small maintenancecan be done by DIY. As for reliability i'm on E46F everyday (probably more than NT) and there's people with E46s with 200k+. If you take care of it, itwill take care of you.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Been looking for a 02-04 E46 M3 but most of the ones I see on craigslist and autotrader are SMG and verts, which I don't want. Coupe + 6 speed is the only way to go. I think production #'s are higher for verts and SMG than the standards.

I went out and checked out a couple E39 M5's, both 2000 models, 65k miles, CLEAN inside and out showroom cars. How is maintenance on those? I'm assuming more than a M3. Anybody own one of these? I would like to hear some input. Can't decide which car E46 M3 or E39 M5? Can't find any 3's I want but see plenty of 5's.

I heard M5 maintenance is hell which is why they become so cheap. Also you're looking on MUCH higher insurance on an M5 than an M3. Personally i'd gowith the E46 M3, the car is just a classic and one of the best bang for your buck sports cars out there.

I really am interested in buying a BMW 3 series but there's just this stigma about the maintenance after the warranty is up. Im seeing alot of 04-053's for 14-15K with 50K mileage pretty decent but can someone just give an honest assessment about the maintenance cost of 3's.... I know with timethey get pretty high in maintaining.

Im thinking about copping a S550 in the next year or two...But then i'll feel like a traitor...But the exteriors on them things are amazing...

Get that S550! To me, being a BMW owner I don't have that hatred for MB. It's more like a friendly rivalry to me and competition only benefits us, thebuyer really. IMO

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

New pics with the 5D.

My 2000 E39 M5 and 2002 E46 M3.

Yo, that M5 is gorgeous!!! Not enough
E39's in here, they are basically my all
time fave car. The shape and everything
about it is classic & timeless to me.

For the past couple days, I've really been
thinkin of gettin an E46 330i or M3 02-06.
Can anybody tell me if the extended warranty
can still be applied to any of those, and what
the requirements are?

The E39 is my favorite as well. I spend a good chuck of cash on the KW coils and BBS LMs but damn it was it worth it haha.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Im thinking about copping a S550 in the next year or two...But then i'll feel like a traitor...But the exteriors on them things are amazing...

it doesnt drive like the 7 at all...the 7 is a boat but it handles....the 550 is just a boat! def loving the styling tho if thats all your going for
I really am interested in buying a BMW 3 series but there's just this stigma about the maintenance after the warranty is up. Im seeing alot of 04-05 3's for 14-15K with 50K mileage pretty decent but can someone just give an honest assessment about the maintenance cost of 3's.... I know with time they get pretty high in maintaining.
if you can afford the 3 then its not that serious...get a nice independent shop that works on BMWs and your good to go...stuff will be moreexpensive than say a honda civic but its nothing crazy - have a tech check it out before you buy and stay on top of maintenance -

^ It's gotten rave reviews and supposedly it sh!ts on the competition. Nothing will ever touch the E38 7-series though (the '94 - '01 joint).

Originally Posted by Vancity74

^ It's gotten rave reviews and supposedly it sh!ts on the competition. Nothing will ever touch the E38 7-series though (the '94 - '01 joint).

word. been in love with that since transporter.

10of9ki.jpg

pimp.gif

I sat in the F01 today...makes you feel like a BOSS...theres a lot of useful features, but most of them are unneeded ...IE, side cameras...Its a nice idea butreally unnecessary....I guess it'll impress chickenheads though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kidposite

10of9ki.jpg

pimp.gif

Those were horrific. Weren't those the V12s if i'm not mistaken?

Back
Top Bottom