Boardwalk Empire Season 5 Thread - Series Finale - Eldorado

EzjV.gif

Rewatching this series for the first time. Forgot how brutal it was. Also amazed that I forgot some characters like Manny Horvitz and Owen Sleater. Rewatch was definitely warranted.

Rewatching this series for the first time. Forgot how brutal it was. Also amazed that I forgot some characters like Manny Horvitz and Owen Sleater. Rewatch was definitely warranted.

I’m reading The Sopranos Sessions and in it, David Chase talks about how Terrence Winter was the best at hardcore mob stuff and violence and that whenever they needed an episode focusing on that, he would get the assignment.

Not surprised that he went from Sopranos to creating Boardwalk Empire right after :lol:

cliffs on how the series ended? what happened after patricia arquette's character was introduced?

cliffs on how the series ended? what happened after patricia arquette's character was introduced?

Jimmy's kid kills Nucky
Gillian got a lobotomy
Margaret and Nucky divorce it's been a while time for a rewatch.

The season with Gyp Rosetti is the best it went downhill after that.

My body is not ready for a rewatch.

I hated the final ep and most of the final season.

Nucky could've been a legend.

Chalky :smh:

When Owen snatched up the guy in the bathroom with the wire :sick:

I’m reading The Sopranos Sessions and in it, David Chase talks about how Terrence Winter was the best at hardcore mob stuff and violence and that whenever they needed an episode focusing on that, he would get the assignment.

Not surprised that he went from Sopranos to creating Boardwalk Empire right after :lol:

How is that book? Im a huge Sopranos fan, not the biggest fan of reading lol I do love to read about things I love though

They jumped the timeline eight years forward in the last season.

Yeah but he still wouldn’t have been as old as they made him the final season. I remember people pointed it out in the thread. he should’ve been younger, 10-12.

Last edited:
When Owen snatched up the guy in the bathroom with the wire :sick:

And then Harrow scalps ol boy that smacked Jimmy with his cane. Eli bashed in dude's head with a wrench.

They definitely didn't skimp on the violence. :lol:

How is that book? Im a huge Sopranos fan, not the biggest fan of reading lol I do love to read about things I love though

It’s a pretty easy read. They have short essays on every episode, which could be a good companion piece if you ever want to do a rewatch.

The real meat of the book is a series of 7 interview sessions with David Chase that talks about the themes of each season (they consider season 6B to be 7). It goes really in depth on Chases process in making the show. Pretty good stuff since Chase is usually a really private and mysterious guy.

Put some respect on this scene..

Also when Jimmy slits Benny Fazios throat in the barbershop was one of my favorite kills.

I'm on my first rewatch of the show.

Almost done with season 1.

:wow: Easily the most underrated of the high rated TV shows.

BE > TD and it's not even close.

EVERY SCENE has a purpose!

I initially thought the Nucky burning down his dads house episode was filled, but it really lays out the fall out between him and his brother.

This **** crazy.

Back
Top Bottom