Bobby Valentine , You Sir are a Clown .......

this dude becomes red sox manager and all of a sudden he starts his bulls**t with the yanks again
30t6p3b.gif

http://content.usatoday.c...rodriguez/1#.T04UkvGPWrk

Bobby Valentine pokes at Jeter heroics, A-Rod

New Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine doesn't need a learning curve in agitating the New York Yankees. After all, he fought for the back pages of the tabloids for six-plus seasons as manager of the New York Mets.

That said, he's spreading the anti-Yankee gospel of New England surprisingly quickly, taking on Yankees' captain Derek Jeter in just the second week of spring training.
Valentine was discussing the fundamentals of relays and cutoffs Tuesday when he dismissed Jeter's now-iconic back-handed flip that nailed Jeremy Giambi at the plate in Game 3 of the 2001 AL Division Series against Oakland. It was a critical play in a game in which the Yankees faced elimination. They won three straight and then defeated Seattle for the AL pennant.

"We'll never practice that,'' Valentine said, as reported by ESPNBoston.com's Gordon Edes. "I think [Jeter] was out of position and the ball gets [Giambi] out if [Jeter] doesn't touch it, personally.''

Few agree with that assessment. Oakland catcher Ramon Hernandez said the ball would have hit him in the on-deck circle if Jeter hadn't caught it.

Added Valentine: "That was amazing that (Jeter) was there. I bet it's more amazing that he said he practiced it. I don't believe it.''

The real question, of course, is if Giambi would have been safe if he slid. We'll defer to Lou Brock on that one.

Valentine also took the occasion of Jason Varitek's retirement to take a poke at Alex Rodriguez, who was on the receiving end of a poke from the Red Sox catcher in a July 2004 game many believe was a turning point for the world-champs-to-be.

"He was everything you want a guy who wears a 'C' to be,'' Valentine said of Varitek. "He was a man's man, he was a big hitter when needed, he was the leader of the pitching staff. … He was able to beat up Alex, all that stuff. He was exactly what he was supposed to be.''

this dude was on baseball tonight last year praising jeter and that play as one of the single greatest if not the greatest plays he's ever seen . now he's poppin s**t
laugh.gif

and varitek and arod ? c'mon man , really ?

whats next, the mustache
laugh.gif

AI , Deadset , enjoy this cornball ...... we gon murder dem this year ,, 19-0
pimp.gif

he's just trying to stir things up, props to him on that. I actually think he will ruffle a ton of feathers and bring some juice into this rivalry, and that is certainly needed

i can dig stirring things up but going at jeter is just tasteless, tacky, unsportsmanlike , blasphemy and douchebaggy ....

theres unwritten rules in baseball and not kissing jeter's ##+ is one of em ..

I hate Bobby V. Was in Stamford last summer for there summer concert event "live at 5", This dude runs around in a Ford Explorer with police lights thinking he has the right to cut off traffic or tell people where to go. His restaurants are trash too. He's always been testy about the Yankees.

Not only is he a clown , he is also one who struggles to speak in complete sentences . Every time he opened his mouth on BBTN I cringed because he would mess up the flow blabbering about absolutely nothing sounding like a dyslexic fourth grader. Dude made Kruk sound like a Harvard grad
30t6p3b.gif

It's refreshing to see the media back to form already in spring training creating their own storylines and giving us the important news.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

he's just trying to stir things up, props to him on that. I actually think he will ruffle a ton of feathers and bring some juice into this rivalry, and that is certainly needed

this. i love it!!
pimp.gif

so bobby now apologized after being told by a former yankee coach that the yanks actually do practice that cutoff play
laugh.gif

lookin stupid already and not one pitch has been thrown . this is what this rivalry does to newcomers to it. look at arod his first year in it, got into it with varitek , hasn't said a word since .

bobby just needs to calm down and realize who he's coaching, a buncha drunk losers that choke away a season and brag about laser shows
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
i'm still upset that i like that laser show line so much
30t6p3b.gif

jeter and arod's reaction to bobby today

http://www.boston.com/spo.../02/the_yankees_rea.html

FORT MYERS, Fla. — The Yankees are already reacting to Bobby Valentine.

Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez both commented today from Yankees' camp in Tampa on things Valentine said yesterday.

Valentine, who put his players through relay drills on Tuesday, said yesterday that there was no way the Yankees practiced Jeter's infamous flip play vs. Oakland in Game 3 of the 2001 Division Series.

Speaking about Jason Varitek's career yesterday, Valentine made a funny comment about "beating up" Alex Rodriguez as one of his accomplishments.

On the famous flip play, Jeter ended up on the first-base line and fielded a throw from Shane Spencer in right field that missed two cutoff men. He then backhanded the ball to Jorge Posada, who tagged out Jeremy Giambi to end the seventh inning in a game the Yankees won, 1-0.

“We’ll never practice that. We'll never practice that,’’ Valentine said. “I think (Jeter) was out of position. I think the ball gets him out if (Jeter) doesn’t touch it, personally.

"The Jeter-like simulation today is that idea of what the first baseman and third baseman do as the ball is coming in, because they have to react and maybe change the position of where the shortstop is when the ball’s coming in from right. Because he does have to react to the ball. When you see a ball in flight, you have a chance at those positions to adjust....That was amazing that [Jeter] was there. I bet it’s more amazing to say they practiced it. I don’t believe it.’’

Jeter responded this morning by telling reporters in Tampa, “I mean, we do [practice it]. You’ve seen it. You guys have been here.

Yankees and Red Sox fans, players, ect. need to give it a rest. Nobody cares.

Originally Posted by rashi

yeah ok
laugh.gif

best rivalry in all of sports champ , enjoy your marlins with those die hard fans and that birdcage stadium u guys got

The-Birdcage-the-birdcage-8443179-537-382.jpg

tongue.gif

The worst part about these comments: they're completely unnecessary and irrelevant.

At least when Rex Ryan talks there is a purpose.

I'm puzzled here.

c'mon man, hes obviously trolling on the yankees just to bring back the rivalry a little.
laugh.gif
bobby might be what it needs, cause its been lackluster the last few years.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by rashi

yeah ok
laugh.gif

best rivalry in all of sports champ , enjoy your marlins with those die hard fans and that birdcage stadium u guys got

The-Birdcage-the-birdcage-8443179-537-382.jpg

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Well played, sir.

Back
Top Bottom