BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

man... I remember when it took decades to release an OG color, now it feels like every other year.

When Bord 7s and Aqua 8s both sat and went to outlets, you know hype for retros is at an all time low... I think Jordan Brand simply released too many pairs for the 30th anniv. I can see them cutting back on the OG cw releases from 2016 onward.

Last edited:
I love my bords! Probably my favorite pair in my rotation since I picked them up However I'm gonna hold my opinion until we get remastered charcoals

Last edited:
When Bord 7s and Aqua 8s both sat and went to outlets, you know hype for retros is at an all time low... I think Jordan Brand simply released too many pairs for the 30th anniv. I can see them cutting back on the OG cw releases from 2016 onward.
You ready to get real for a sec though?

The hype hasn't diminished whatsoever. In fact, the hype has more than likely increased.

Heres the problem with your two examples:

Remastered price put them out of most people's reach.

The Bordeaux 7 toe box catastrophe of 2015.

The 8's inherently suck, Nike simply pushed their luck by producing more pairs than the die-hards wanted. Even the best colorway makes no difference in this equation. Even Kanye couldnt save them.

Both shoes are indeed an acquired taste for Jordan heads. The casual player isn't going to be too attached to these considering they were worn once during each respective All Star game. 

When the Black Cement 3's sit or the Bred 1's or anything else that matters, then your point will be validated. With the cement 4's we saw Nike trying to find the sweet spot between demand and pricepoint. A small amount 'sat' in stores but sold out immediately online. They sat only because Nike figured out exactly what msrp kills the resellers leaving only those who truly want them for themselves. 

They don't need to cut back on sh

Last edited:
Hype isn't going down as much as they're just releasing each drop in significantly more quantities. Nike wanted to increase JB sales drastically and they have just by putting more shoes out there.

The hype hasn't diminished whatsoever. In fact, the hype has more than likely increased.

The 8's inherently suck, Nike simply pushed their luck by producing more pairs than the die-hards wanted. Even the best colorway makes no difference in this equation. Even Kanye couldnt save them.

Both shoes are indeed an acquired taste for Jordan heads. The casual player isn't going to be too attached to these considering they were worn once during each respective All Star game. 

When the Black Cement 3's sit or the Bred 1's or anything else that matters, then your point will be validated. With the cement 4's we saw Nike trying to find the sweet spot between demand and pricepoint. A small amount 'sat' in stores but sold out immediately online. They sat only because Nike figured out exactly what msrp kills the resellers leaving only those who truly want them for themselves. 

Bro WC4s were an easy cop online and there were pairs on shelves the day of release. Maroon 6s sat and collected dust on shelves for weeks after release. Like I said, Nike overestimated demand and produced too many pairs-I think they have addressed this issue with 12s this year (or maybe demand for that particular model is that high) but pretty much every other GR retro has sat or gotten marked down. This would have been unheard of just a few years ago.

Last edited:

Bro WC4s were an easy cop online and there were pairs on shelves the day of release. Maroon 6s sat and collected dust on shelves for weeks after release. Like I said, Nike overestimated demand and produced too many pairs-I think they have addressed this issue with 12s this year (or maybe demand for that particular model is that high) but pretty much every other GR retro has sat or gotten marked down. This would have been unheard of just a few years ago.
Too many pairs, what is that? People are still trying to cop WCIV'S. Resale is pretty low as well considering the shoe. Stuff that went on sale was also a good thing for the consumer and Nike still profits. Sounds like a good deal for everyone but resellers.

Too many pairs, what is that? People are still trying to cop WCIV'S. Resale is pretty low as well considering the shoe. Stuff that went on sale was also a good thing for the consumer and Nike still profits. Sounds like a good deal for everyone but resellers.

It's bad for brand hype. If Yeezys were produced in numbers like GR retros were, hype would be dead (same thing with NMDs). Retros used to sellout almost every release 2-3 years ago but Nike increased prices and numbers produced. Strangely, a lot of that hype has seemingly gone to Adidas now when back then nobody cared about Adidas.

When Nike releases their profits at the end of the year, you'll see that not as much hype as hasnt hurt their profits

They've upped their numbers for sure and are still selling out. In less then a few days for a lot of releases.

Plus idk where some of you guys are located but WC4s sold out by the afternoon by me and maroon 6s the very next day.

It's bad for brand hype. If Yeezys were produced in numbers like GR retros were, hype would be dead (same thing with NMDs). Retros used to sellout almost every release 2-3 years ago but Nike increased prices and numbers produced. Strangely, a lot of that hype has seemingly gone to Adidas now when back then nobody cared about Adidas.
Its hard to tell if the not immediately selling out is because of increased production numbers or if buyers aren't buying. 72-10 was the largest XI release to date and they still sell out whenever they restock.

@jaylaw15 I'd really like to see charcoals sooner than later but in all honesty, I don't think we'll see a release any time soon.
As far as jb and hype.. I actually believe they don't mind if a shoe sits and goes to outlets. Would they rather have every release sell out instantly? Sure but at the end of the day it doesn't hurt their pockets. It gives the average consumer the chance to cop and diehards the opportunity to cop doubles. They're pumping out so many pairs and I bet they're making more money now then when everything sold out. When concords, bc3s, etc.. start hitting outlets then maybe they have a problem

Last edited:
Its hard to tell if the not immediately selling out is because of increased production numbers or if buyers aren't buying. 72-10 was the largest XI release to date and they still sell out whenever they restock.
With these it could be these two factors:

1. People sending pairs back

2. Made in abundance

Yeah I know right. I wanted to bomb the whole ******* city that day shawty. All 22000 of those fools lol

RIP my bords. I was helping move a bbq grill and the weaklings dropped the grill on my foot and it ripped my toebox lol. View media item 2080906
Ugh that makes my eyes hurt. I have a pair of '11s that are beaters now but I've been lucky enough to not have rips like that yet. That's too bad. It looks like Freddy Krueger set up shop in your toebox.

Ugh that makes my eyes hurt. I have a pair of '11s that are beaters now but I've been lucky enough to not have rips like that yet. That's too bad. It looks like Freddy Krueger set up shop in your toebox.
I'm sure these kinds of rips only come from barbecue grills.

I'm sure these kinds of rips only come from barbecue grills.
And heavy glass doors. 7 or 8 years ago I had a pair of Timbs, and one of them got stuck under a heavy glass door at the entrance of a warehouse I was helping to start up. By the time I pulled my foot loose I had digs in the toe of my Timb that were only slightly less deep than the ones in the Bordeaux toe. Ruined that pair of Timbs. Didn't do much for my big toe either. LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom