Born into money...vol. People throwing Salt

whats wrong with it?
money is such an irrelevant issue. if their parents put in work to earn that money, why not spoil their kids its their hard earned money let them do as theyplease.
as long as they can raise and teach their kids wrongs from rights i sat let them do as they please.

21a9rm1.jpg

Unfortunate that if you come up fortunate, the streets consider you lame.
I thought the name of the game was to have a better life - I guess it aint -
What a shame...

No hate. Just makes me more eager to get to that level and then give my fam the things i didn't have growing up, along with the positives i had growing upwhich would be the best of both worlds.

Someone put in work to get the family where it is, money didnt just pop up out of no where. We all have a different idea to parenting so people deal with moneyin different ways when it comes to their children.

Most of the time, money is handed out when they kids are growing up and cant yet support themselves (teenage years). Usually the children work into the familybusiness or investments or are setup with cash to go out on their own. We dont see anyone complaining about 40 year old billy who is living the dream through agenerous gift of cash from their parents...only the 17 year old with a GT-R.

I don't mind it, but it does get annoying when you're chillin w/ your rich friends and they're always trying to eat out, not even for dinner butfor lunch too, and want you to move in with them at a spot where you would never be willing to pay that much for rent. Or when you just don't have anymoney and everything they want to do involves bread.

On a side note, is it just me or does it seem like on HBCU campuses it really isn't OK to just be a broke college student? It's like having money is anissue when it comes to chicks, joining organizations, etc. What's up with that?

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

I don't mind it, but it does get annoying when you're chillin w/ your rich friends and they're always trying to eat out, not even for dinner but for lunch too, and want you to move in with them at a spot where you would never be willing to pay that much for rent. Or when you just don't have any money and everything they want to do involves bread.
ohwell.gif
It really does suck.

Originally Posted by knowledgebones72

On a side note, is it just me or does it seem like on HBCU campuses it really isn't OK to just be a broke college student? It's like having money is an issue when it comes to chicks, joining organizations, etc. What's up with that?

That's because the majority of those kids were in Jack & Jill and come from money.

Especially Howard, Hampton, and Morehouse...

cant hate on them...its about their upbringing...parents can truly control what type of monster they allow to manifest.
-sf77

when i was young moms would buy me clothes and whatever i needed but when i 18 it was all over hehe
now i gotta earn every single penny...what gets me salty is when i see stuck up +!% dudes in their rides muggin u know one of these days im lay out a dudeoutside of 24 hour fitness im crazy so watch out

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

when i was young moms would buy me clothes and whatever i needed but when i 18 it was all over hehe
now i gotta earn every single penny...what gets me salty is when i see stuck up +!% dudes in their rides muggin u know one of these days im lay out a dude outside of 24 hour fitness im crazy so watch out

corny

I hate people that hatr in kids like myself that are more fortunate than others.
Why should a persons kid have to settle for a lesser quality of life just because they didnt "earn" or "deserve" it
At the end of the day you want the best you can do for your kids right?
Their psrents are no different
biased maybe but its tru :/

Originally Posted by Club29

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

now i gotta earn every single penny...what gets me salty is when i see stuck up +!% dudes in their rides muggin u know one of these days im lay out a dude outside of 24 hour fitness im crazy so watch out

corny
laugh.gif
real talk.

grandpa left me a good amount of money and you know what, i appreciate all of it. the key is to be appreciative. a lot of folks aren't, and that'swhere problems come into play.

CalvinJohnson wrote:

The thing is...

Privilege is race oriented. Thats the problem. If there wasn't any correlation between race and wealth then there would be nothing to be salty about.

The fact privileged groups can pass wealth on from generation while minority unprivileged groups start out with nothing causes a huge issue.

To add to the issue, privileged groups tend to say things like "work harder". When in actuality they're either blind to their own privilege orare trying to justify their "entitled wealth"....

Person A: Inherited money from parents, and will work in the family business. Lived in a very strong tax based area and benefits from amazing education.

Person B: Born into poverty. Poor education opportunities. Has to work for everything he/she has.

Who will go further in life? People always argue and bring up examples of people who have made it. The truth is the percentage of people who'll make it isreally very miniscule compared to people who have been so deprived that they're completely demoralized.

Privileged people don't want any part of this reality. Nor do they wan't to be part of the solution, which is the problem. They caused this disparity,yet they don't want to aide in evening the playing field.....

There's a problem, a very real one.

Originally Posted by nublee

It only annoys me if the person gets things he clearly doesn't deserve. I know this one guy that is barely passing school and doesn't try accomplishing anything with his life at all, yet his parents bought him a brand new evo... and they bought him a car before; it was a benz
smh.gif

yep, this chick who goes to my school got a Range when she was 15 and a Continental GT at 17

tired.gif

If the person is aight, they aight, but there are the spoiled bratty kids who i cant stand

I have more important issues in my life than to care about the kid sitting next to me that has keys to a Porsche or the kid next to him driving a Hooptie.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

CalvinJohnson wrote:

The thing is...

Privilege is race oriented. Thats the problem. If there wasn't any correlation between race and wealth then there would be nothing to be salty about.

The fact privileged groups can pass wealth on from generation while minority unprivileged groups start out with nothing causes a huge issue.

To add to the issue, privileged groups tend to say things like "work harder". When in actuality they're either blind to their own privilege or are trying to justify their "entitled wealth"....

Person A: Inherited money from parents, and will work in the family business. Lived in a very strong tax based area and benefits from amazing education.

Person B: Born into poverty. Poor education opportunities. Has to work for everything he/she has.

Who will go further in life? People always argue and bring up examples of people who have made it. The truth is the percentage of people who'll make it is really very miniscule compared to people who have been so deprived that they're completely demoralized.

Privileged people don't want any part of this reality. Nor do they wan't to be part of the solution, which is the problem. They caused this disparity, yet they don't want to aide in evening the playing field.....

Yea exactly. We did an experiment in my psych class, about growing something in rich soil and something in poor soil.

There are a crazy amount of factors when it comes to looking and comparing both sides. Sadly the poor soiled children are really disadvantaged.

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

CalvinJohnson wrote:

The thing is...

To add to the issue, privileged groups tend to say things like "work harder". When in actuality they're either blind to their own privilege or are trying to justify their "entitled wealth"....

Who will go further in life? People always argue and bring up examples of people who have made it. The truth is the percentage of people who'll make it is really very miniscule compared to people who have been so deprived that they're completely demoralized.

Privileged people don't want any part of this reality. Nor do they wan't to be part of the solution, which is the problem. They caused this disparity, yet they don't want to aide in evening the playing field.....

Yea exactly. We did an experiment in my psych class, about growing something in rich soil and something in poor soil.

There are a crazy amount of factors when it comes to looking and comparing both sides. Sadly the poor soiled children are really disadvantaged.

Attempt at humor failure.

CalvinJohnson wrote:

The thing is...

biggest load of ^@@^ i've read on here all week. i personally know a ton of different kinds of people who were born into good money. chinese,nigerian, pakistani, etc... i'm mixed myself. people always playing the race card.

Back
Top Bottom