☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2022-2023 Regular Season Thread ☘️

In hindsight, Marcus probably should have pulled that out after the offensive rebound.

Would have preferred to see Brad take TO after the Holmes FTs too.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Last 2 games have been pathetic. Team seems to lack energy.

I used to be a believer in letting players play through slow starts, but I think Brad needs to start calling TOs earlier if they are going to keep doing this.

It's a long season. Every team goes through a slump at some point. Relax and enjoy the ride.

The slow starts are tough. In he past we'd have cold starts and just go inside to Al for a quick bucket to get it going. This team has just kept chucking. Need Tatum to get to the rack earlier. His shot is weird. Very hot and cold. He has some ugly misses. Like he'll miss a 3 from straight away off the glass and side of the rim :lol:

It's a long season. Every team goes through a slump at some point. Relax and enjoy the ride.
For sure. Easy to get caught up with little things that are annoying, but in the grand scheme it really doesn’t matter.

With that said, these fools better come to play tonight against an Embiid-less Sixers :lol:

What is everyone's thoughts on the outlook of the team for say, the next couple years?

I personally think a ton hinges on Hayward. While he has been solid this year, he's clearly not the player he was when we originally signed him, and I'm not sure he'll ever be that. Not that it's an old age (Kemba is the same age), but he is turning 30 in March, and is going to have the option to enter free agency and look for a long term deal this summer. If he were to do that, do you want the Celtics to re-sign him? What do you think he would fetch in free agency?

Do you think it would be worthwhile to explore trades with him now? What would this team look like if some sort of Drummond/Hayward swap were to happen? I'm pretty much admittedly against paying bigs a lot of money unless they are elite on both ends (which he isn't), but given the Cs already have a top flight PG, and two all-star caliber young wings, would it be worth giving Drummond a shot?

What is everyone's thoughts on the outlook of the team for say, the next couple years?

I personally think a ton hinges on Hayward. While he has been solid this year, he's clearly not the player he was when we originally signed him, and I'm not sure he'll ever be that. Not that it's an old age (Kemba is the same age), but he is turning 30 in March, and is going to have the option to enter free agency and look for a long term deal this summer. If he were to do that, do you want the Celtics to re-sign him? What do you think he would fetch in free agency?

Do you think it would be worthwhile to explore trades with him now? What would this team look like if some sort of Drummond/Hayward swap were to happen? I'm pretty much admittedly against paying bigs a lot of money unless they are elite on both ends (which he isn't), but given the Cs already have a top flight PG, and two all-star caliber young wings, would it be worth giving Drummond a shot?
I feel you man it’s like… We already have brown and Tatum… Then we have Hayward so it’s like we got triplets on the team and we got to let one go because we need a big guy. It just sucks. because who knows what would’ve happened if Hayward never got hurt two years ago we could’ve won a championship even. But Hayward got hurt Kyrie Gave up and then everything went to hell.

Drummond (and his current and future contract) basically go against like everything I believe in. I just feel like we are in an interesting situation where we already have skill position guys in place and under contract for the foreseeable future, and maybe we could afford to do something like Drummond. Maybe a better system, with a good coach and surrounded by good players, could have a positive impact on Drummond.

He's not an answer against Embiid and Giannis, but I don't really think that player exists anyways. He could however make us a better balanced team, and age-wise fits in better with JB/JT/Smart.

I can't believe I'm kind of talking myself into him :lol:

Drummond (and his current and future contract) basically go against like everything I believe in. I just feel like we are in an interesting situation where we already have skill position guys in place and under contract for the foreseeable future, and maybe we could afford to do something like Drummond. Maybe a better system, with a good coach and surrounded by good players, could have a positive impact on Drummond.

He's not an answer against Embiid and Giannis, but I don't really think that player exists anyways. He could however make us a better balanced team, and age-wise fits in better with JB/JT/Smart.

I can't believe I'm kind of talking myself into him :lol:
That last part might be the reason that Danny keeps Hayward/ keeps the whole team intact; atleast for this year

I'm a no on Hayward simply because I'm tired of playing the waiting game with him. He has flashes of Utah Hayward (like the beginning of the season), but then he's inevitably hindered by an injury. I think that messes with him mentally. As far as a trade goes, I'm not opposed to it at all although I would feel bad for the dude for having never really peaked here. Just really unfortunate what happened a couple years ago. I wonder what else we'd have to include for someone like Drummond?

I'm a no on Hayward simply because I'm tired of playing the waiting game with him. He has flashes of Utah Hayward (like the beginning of the season), but then he's inevitably hindered by an injury. I think that messes with him mentally. As far as a trade goes, I'm not opposed to it at all although I would feel bad for the dude for having never really peaked here. Just really unfortunate what happened a couple years ago. I wonder what else we'd have to include for someone like Drummond?
I'd throw in our pick and the MIL pick for sure. Would be pretty hesitant to throw in Romeo or the MEM pick.

Kanter wouldn't really be necessary with Drummond there, so he could go too.

I'd throw in our pick and the MIL pick for sure. Would be pretty hesitant to throw in Romeo or the MEM pick.

Kanter wouldn't really be necessary with Drummond there, so he could go too.

Yeah I'd be fine with that. When I hear these talking heads on the radio going on about including Smart, that's craziness to me.

Yeah I'd be fine with that. When I hear these talking heads on the radio going on about including Smart, that's craziness to me.
Yeah that's dumb. Hayward + some assortment of picks is what it would be.

Interesting perspective here...

The Post About Maybe Trading Gordon Hayward

What can Hayward realistically fetch at this point? If he ends up opting out after this season, that screws us capwise correct?

Back
Top Bottom