☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2022-2023 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Why people still hate on smart. He can shoot 3s now idc what anyone says. Plus if you are open, Stevens wants you to shoot thats his thing.

Tough game tonight. Down 2 wings. Need Semi to continue his magic :lol:

Kemba getting a minutes bump.

Tough game tonight. Down 2 wings. Need Semi to continue his magic :lol:

Kemba getting a minutes bump.
Who is out other than Jaylen? Don't see anybody else on injury report other than Timelord as Probable.

That's all I've heard too. Read he's doubtful for Thursday also.
Yeah you said we were down 2 wings though so I was confused :lol:

Pretty sure Jaylen hasn't played in any of the games against Milwaukee this year. Luckily they won't have Greek for this one either.

Poor Romeo can't buy a bucket man :lol:

He's aggressive though. Will figure things out with time.

Yeaaah this not being able to close out is becoming a little bit of an issue
That’s always been the problem with Steven’s Celtics. I don’t know if it’s him or if it’s just not having that closeout guy but Tatum’s gonna have to fill that role. Otherwise they’re going to have to beat teams by 15 points at least

Hope y'all hanging in there.

Anyways, figured I'd post who the recent ESPN Mock Draft had us taking and see what you guys though. They did the likely pick and best pick for each team.

15. Boston Celtics (via Memphis)
i

Devin Vassell
Florida State
G/F

Best fit: Leandro Bolmaro

Vassell's shooting will be coveted on a Celtics team that isn't short on ball handlers, but I'd love to see what 6-7 Argentine playmaker Leandro Bolmaro looks like in Brad Stevens' offense.

Bolmaro brings a nonstop motor, defense and toughness. His activity as a cutter, slasher and ball mover will make him playable early in his career, while his ballhandling and vision give him potential to develop into a big point guard of the future. -- Schmitz

26. Boston Celtics
i

Isaiah Stewart
Washington
C

Best fit: Isaiah Stewart

The Celtics cycled through different options at center this season and should look to the draft to improve their depth inside. Stewart brings toughness, intensity and physicality to every possession, making him a solid fit on a roster with plenty of shot creation and scoring. -- Givony

30. Boston Celtics (via Milwaukee)
i

Jalen Smith
Maryland
PF

Best fit: Cassius Winston

Smith would be a nice addition to Boston's frontcourt, but having a cheap yet productive backup point guard behind Kemba Walker will be appealing here as well. And Winston's pick-and-roll prowess combined with his 3-point ability is highly attractive in today's NBA. -- Givony

Admittedly, I don't watch much college ball. We're desperate for bigs though so it makes sense. What's the outlook for those guys? Any comparable players in the NBA?

Sucks that this all happened when Tatum was beginning to come into his own :frown:

Admittedly, I don't watch much college ball. We're desperate for bigs though so it makes sense. What's the outlook for those guys? Any comparable players in the NBA?

Sucks that this all happened when Tatum was beginning to come into his own :frown:
My bad for not responding to this til now lol...

Vassell should be a solid 3 and D guy with potential for a decent in between game too. Don't know if he has the burst to get by defenders though and get to the rim. Doubt he's gonna be there by the time of our pick.

Isaiah Stewart is a tough one. He's short for a C, but he's strong as hell and has a good wingspan. I think the worry is that he's a bit of a below the rim type and he'd struggle defending on perimeter.

Super high on Jalen Smith becoming a good role player. He just has the skillset that I feel like a lot of teams want. Athletic big that can block shots and shoot 3s. He'll have trouble with bigger Centers and needs improvement defending in space. Tools are there though. At worst, I see him being like a Maxi Kleber type, who has been really awesome in his role for Dallas.

I personally don't see us adding 3 rookies to this team next year. Realistically only need 2. I think we should take the best PG available on the board with our first pick, and then an athletic big with our later one. There should be a few still on the board at the end of the first. Jalen Smith, Daniel Oturu, Zeke Nnaji, Paul Reed, Precious Achiuwa.

GEEK FREAK gonna be an awesome role player for this team with some more seasoning. More physical 1v1 defense and extending his range are the 2 most important things. First one should be pretty easy for him. Hitting 3s somewhat consistently is going to be tough, but he has a good looking jumper and is a good FT shooter. Just hasn't ever been asked to do this before.

Draymond without the long arms and bounce. A lot of the switchability and High IQ stuff though.

Video is really good.

Back
Top Bottom