Boston is going to have a "Straight Pride" parade

Sure, he doesn't owe anyone an explanation but the lack of one allows people to come up with their own rationale.
maybe dude had a bag with a pair of pants, or a friend that is carrying his pants in a bag. There are many ways to store articles of clothing
:lol: there was no "maybe he had pants", "maybe his friend had his pants".

Dude left a bar in a thong. I don't want anyones *** on my seats. I avoided any type of potential altercation (with someone who's possibly drunk) and kept it moving to make more money.

The way he looked wasn't the reason I cancelled, the way he was dressed absolutely was. Man's practically naked.

Dude left a bar in a thong. I don't want anyones *** on my seats. I avoided any type of potential altercation (with someone who's possibly drunk) and kept it moving to make more money.

The way he looked wasn't the reason I cancelled, the way he was dressed absolutely was. Man's practically naked.
And there was NO way you would have "won" in that situation.

You would have been plastered online, being called Homophobic and denying a gay man a ride. :lol:

Your job would then be placed under pressure to make a stand, you lose your job and then what?

Yea, just avoid the altercation completely.

SMart move

Bingo. And that’s why that social media outrage stuff is corny at times. That mob like guilty until innocent pitchforks out approach is for the birds but people run with whatever outrage is the flavor of the day.

Some girl around my way posted a picture of some guy around a school saying he was showing kids his ****. The guy looked kinda ******ed. The social media vigilante crew tore this guy a new one. I got blocked for asking why she didn’t go to the cops and why should anyone believe or not believe her just off a pic and a post. Come to find out a few days later, she made it all up, the guy was an ex of hers but the reputation damage was already done. I guarantee that the outrage energy tearing him a new one wasn’t reciprocated in the form of showing the same energy apologizing for his name being drug through the mud.

In the cases where it’s warranted an something legitimately bad happened, using the social media platform is totally fine. But there should be ramifications when people reach and make stuff up.

People would view this as homophobic while ignoring facts. He’s within reason to refuse service here just as he would be if some sloppy belligerent drunk people who ordered an Uber tried to get in his ride. What if the driver was a small petite woman and some huge guy in a thong tries to go in her car?

Last edited:

All I'm saying is if you don't create the narrative you open yourself up to people creating one for you making you the homophobic D-bag when in reality you just wished dude had some whole pants on.

I'm not disagreeing with you all, just don't expect saying nothing to be the best option when it's very often a bad way to go about it.

Consider the social media response if ol dude decided to blast you on social media and say you were homophobic it would go down exactly how you described it. And by the time your side came out its too late, the first perception has been set and you look like you trying to save face. Now look how the story is being received with your side known upfront, received entirely different

What if it was a bad lookin girl in a thong and you were an uber.

Would those cheeks be permitted as opposed to a dudes cheeks.
According to ahat, she would be denied transportation just the same.

A3C885C4-32B5-4459-8C09-70C096FF686E.png

For some odd reason I got a feeling that even if he told the guy he wasn’t letting him in without pants on that the guy would potentially try to pull the theatrics and say he was a victim of homophobia.

We as a society collectively need to stop believing everything we see on social media and being so quick to rush to judgement. When the outrage is warranted act accordingly. But going into attack mode off a social media post from a random stranger or a video that only shows part of the incident without considering the other side is easily influenced behavior.

All I'm saying is if you don't create the narrative you open yourself up to people creating one for you making you the homophobic D-bag when in reality you just wished dude had some whole pants on.

I'm not disagreeing with you all, just don't expect saying nothing to be the best option when it's very often a bad way to go about it.

Consider the social media response if ol dude decided to blast you on social media and say you were homophobic it would go down exactly how you described it. And by the time your side came out its too late, the first perception has been set and you look like you trying to save face. Now look how the story is being received with your side known upfront, received entirely different

There was absolutely nothing to be gained from stopping. The best decision in that scenario was to drive away and avoid any conflict.

According to ahat, she would be denied transportation just the same.

A3C885C4-32B5-4459-8C09-70C096FF686E.png

See...you don't drive Uber at night so you're not cognizant of certain things.

Asides from not wanting someone's bare *** cheeks on my seats, having a woman (that I do not know) in a thong in my car at night can lead to a lot of problems. At the end of the day I'm a Muslim man from the Middle East, if she decides to say something who's the law siding with?

Not every ride/trip is worth the $

You seem to be missing the fact that no matter WHAT @ahat does/did , the dude in the thong has/had the power to create the narrative.

Stop: He can get loud and confrontational, record saying he was discriminated against.

Drive Away: I guess he could send the plate # in doing the same.

Lose
Lose

Straight Millennials are Becoming Less Accepting of Gay People.
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 11.40.06 PM.png

https://bigthink.com/culture-religion/glaad-survey

• The survey found that 18- to 34-year-old non-LGBTQ Americans reported feeling less comfortable around LGBTQ people in a variety of hypothetical situations.
  • The attitudes of older non-LGBTQ Americans have remained basically constant over the past few years.
  • Overall, about 80 percent of Americans support equal rights for LGBTQ people.

A new survey from GLAAD suggests that young, non-LGBT Americans are now less comfortable around LGBT people compared to recent years. Surprisingly, these young Americans (18- to 34-year-olds) were the only age bracket that reported feeling less comfortable, while attitudes among older non-LGBT Americans have remained basically constant over the past few years.

The results surprised leaders at GLAAD and The Harris Poll, which together have conducted the survey — "Accelerating Tolerance" — for the past five years.

"We count on the narrative that young people are more progressive and tolerant," John Gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll, told USA TODAY. "These numbers are very alarming and signal a looming social crisis in discrimination."

The survey asked respondents to rate how comfortable they'd feel in personal situations involving LGBT people, as GLAAD reported:

• More young people ages 18–34 responded that they were "very" or "somewhat" uncomfortable in three personal scenarios including learning a family member is LGBT (36 percent uncomfortable in the 2019 report vs. 29 percent in the 2018 report); learning my doctor is LGBT (34 percent vs. 27 percent); and learning my child had a lesson on LGBT history in their school (39 percent vs. 30 percent).

• About 43 percent of males ages 18–34 reported that they were uncomfortable learning a family member is LGBT (up from 32 percent in 2018) and 42 percent of males ages 18–34 reported that they were uncomfortable learning their child's teacher is LGBT (up from 37 percent in 2018).

• Also, 40 percent of females ages 18–34 reported that they were uncomfortable learning their child had a lesson on LGBT history in school, an increase of 13 percentage points from the previous year's findings.
"This reflects a continued erosion in comfort among this age group over the past two years," GLAAD reported. "This year, the significant erosion is being driven by females ages 18–34, where comfort levels fell from 64 percent last year to 52 percent this year."

What explains the shifting attitudes? GLAAD conducted focus groups to identify some of the driving factors, finding two common themes: "newness" of gender politics and discriminatory political rhetoric.

"They're interfacing with new gender identities and sexual orientations, so that takes a minute to get used to," Sarah Kate Ellis, president and CEO of GLAAD, told The Daily Beast. "Then, look at this current administration we're living under, and its culture of hate and discrimination. Those are the two issues at hand here that emerged from the focus groups."

The results weren't all discouraging: The survey classified about half of all Americans as "allies" of LGBTQ people with high levels of tolerance — the same share as 2017, which Ellis said "is a big deal." Also, for the third consecutive year, about 80 percent of Americans support equal rights for the LGBTQ community.

Still, Gerzema offered a note of caution: "In this toxic age, tolerance — even among youth — now seems to be parsed out. Nothing today should be taken for granted."

Over the long term, Ellis hopes the results prove to be an anomaly. "Hopefully this is a two-year blip, until we have a turnover in the administration," she told The Daily Beast.

^I don't see it, maybe in comparison to Generation Z, but Gen X and Baby Boomers OPENLY clowned on gay people shamelessly and alot of people(both of my parents) don't like gay marriage. Me and my friends don't really care("Millennials") as adults even though we participated in making fun of them as kids. I think you can even argue that Millenials are the most active in supporting same-sex marriage out of all of the "generations".

You seem to be missing the fact that no matter WHAT @ahat does/did , the dude in the thong has/had the power to create the narrative.

Stop: He can get loud and confrontational, record saying he was discriminated against.

Drive Away: I guess he could send the plate # in doing the same.

Lose
Lose

You sem to be missing the fact that I mentioned that saying that he could have created the narrative himself.
This story is specifically is what I'm talking about: https://pix11.com/2018/10/14/exclus...after-viral-video-apologizes-for-racist-rant/
Lyft driver put the video out and created the narrative and the result is the passenger lost his job and was embarrassed all over the internet

I get what you sayin', it's whatever fam

You sem to be missing the fact that I mentioned that saying that he could have created the narrative himself.
This story is specifically is what I'm talking about: https://pix11.com/2018/10/14/exclus...after-viral-video-apologizes-for-racist-rant/
Lyft driver put the video out and created the narrative and the result is the passenger lost his job and was embarrassed all over the internet

I get what you sayin', it's whatever fam
In this situation ahat ahat didn't have the power to create his narrative.

I am not sure why you feel him STOPPING and EXPLAINING to the thong dude would have been enough for ahat ahat to have the power in that situation.

And we are assuming the Thong dude would have been cursing etc; he could have simply gotten LOUD and screamed things like I am being refused a ride by this homophobic driver.

He had TOO much to lose in THAT situation. The situation you posted and what happened aren't similar by any stretch.

In this situation ahat ahat didn't have the power to create his narrative.

I am not sure why you feel him STOPPING and EXPLAINING to the thong dude would have been enough for ahat ahat to have the power in that situation.

And we are assuming the Thong dude would have been cursing etc; he could have simply gotten LOUD and screamed things like I am being refused a ride by this homophobic driver.

He had TOO much to lose in THAT situation. The situation you posted and what happened aren't similar by any stretch.

They are very similar but aight fam

Back
Top Bottom