Bought Jordans on eBay...little situation

Originally Posted by jd3772000

L
^seriously, just roll one up
smokin.gif

[kat williams] "just hit the blunt one time, and tell me it dont change yo preception of whats important in your life"

The ironic thing is you come on here saying how you got scammed but your own feedback shows you did the same exact thing your crying about
[table][tr][td]Seller misrepresented the condition. Withdrew an offer to refund transaction.[/td] [td] Buyer:
wsp_man ( 23
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)

[/td] [td]Feb-26-08 19:23[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]

• Reply by sherryr61 (Feb-26-08 20:07):
    CLEARLY stated the condition of item. Buyer messaged saying he didn't read desc!
[/td] [/tr][/table]and even worse
[table][tr][td]Warning !! this person is Fraud Do not Buy !!! You have been warned[/td] [td] Buyer:
sidekicker2006 ( 78
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)

[/td] [td]Feb-05-09 18:15[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]

• Reply by sherryr61 (Feb-05-09 22:29):
    Auction was meant to be a private listing for a specific person...not you.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop Notebook As Is or for Parts!! (#180326529838)[/td] [td]US $180.00[/td] [td]View Item[/td] [/tr][/table]kind of sad that you left the lady a negative when you can clearly see the shoes are not mint and you only paid 70 bucks.. Like someone above saidatleast you got the shoes at all and there real!!

i've let the whole thing go. i'm gonna keep the shoes and i only posted that picture because people keep asking for pictures.

as for my feedback, i got my first negative when i sole an ipod with a cracked screen on it. i took clear pictures of the crack and everything. dude paid and imailed it to him the same day. he then messaged me the next day saying he bid and paid without reading the whole description. he wanted a refund and i told himmaybe we could work something out once he got it. when he finally got it, i decided it wasn't worth my time to get it mailed back and then relist it. theipod still worked fine and you could still see the screen, it just had a crack on the screen. that's why i replied with "CLEARLY stated the conditionof item. Buyer messaged saying he didn't read desc." as for the laptop i sold a couple weeks ago, i had meant for it to be a private auction, but ididn't know how to set it up. i just made a regular buy it now and the person that left the negative immediately bought it up and the person that i hadmeant it to be for asked if i could make another one. i decided it'd be the right thing to do (this is up for debate) to make another listing for theoriginal person. if you check my feedback the person i mailed the laptop to left me positive feedback. the person that won the first time claimed that i wastrying to make more money off of someone else, but i sold it for the same price to the person i had the original agreement with.

i realize it would have been wrong to say i never got the shoes and that's why i decided not to go that route, but i still feel she intentionallymisrepresented the condition of the shoes. in retrospect i should have gotten more pictures, but i realize that i still would have bought them for the price.we're all entitled to our opinions and i try to keep an open mind, but i don't see it changing anytime soon.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO

So I bought a pair of XVII's on ebay with a suitcase and everything. The picture wasn't that clear so I asked the lady if there were any creases, scuffs, etc. and she said "HI, THANKS FOR YOUR NOTE, THEY ARE PRACTICALLY NEW, THERE IS NO CREASING OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, NO WEAR ON THE SOLES, JUST ENOUGH SCUFFING TO SEE THAT THEY HAVE BEEN WORN AT LEAST ONCE, SO BID WITH CONFIDENCE, THEY ARE GREAT, KIND REGARDS, SANDY". The price was pretty good ($56.99) so I decided it'd be a good purchase. I put the shipping address as my school address, but she shipped them to my house (both addresses are confirmed on Paypal). I went home this past weekend anyway and got to open them up when I got there. I was expecting to see them in NDS condition, but they were very creased and scuffed up in certain spots. Of course I was mad so I sent her a message asking why I didn't get them shipped to my school address which I clearly listed as the shipping address in the Paypal payment. I'm having trouble deciding what to do now...should I pretend like I never got them and get my money back like that or should I file a complaint and say they aren't in the condition she said they would be in? I'm having trouble deciding whether or not they are worth $70 in the condition they are in currently. I thought I had basically gotten a steal on ebay, but now I feel jipped. She says she doesn't accept returns under any circumstances which is what I'm worried about and that my address listed on ebay is my home address so that's where she sent them. I'm arguing that the shipping address I put on the Paypal payment was my school address, not my home address and that just because people buy something on ebay doesn't mean they necessarily want the item shipped to their house. I don't really want to fraud anyone, but I'm pretty upset. What do you guys think I should do?

I can't really get pictures of the shoes, because I don't have a camera and my iphone doesn't have enough detail...
well she obviously got your home shipping address so saying that you didnt get them wouldnt work plus, you have correspondence with her saying yougot them in a crappy condition etc so im sure she will have that email as proof you got them and you can get slapped for mail fraud.

So the best thing to do is file a complaint against her for "condition not described" regardless of if she says no returns etc, she scammed you, shewas fraudulent there, she broke the contract by falsely mistating the condition of the item when you specifically asked her about the condition. do you haveall the emails or messages proving all this? if you do save it and send it to ebay and paypal when you file a complaint. only problem is you will most likelyhave to send the item by at your own expense and then get a refund. so if you are complaining about a few creases and you got them for $70 you are crying fornothing, but if they are beat, then i would send that %*@ right back.

I know how you feel bc some fools sold me some jordans before and said they were brand new and only tried one once but fool play ball in them indoor and triedto play it off when it was obvious once i got them in my hands, made him give me $10 bucks back or i threatened to file paypal and ebay dispute. So who knowsthat might work for you also. She might try and scare you buy saying i said all sales no returns blah blah, but if her pictures werent clear and didnt depictthe problems you are describing you may win with a dispute. However if you wanted to play dumb to the problems in the pictures and relied on her word you mayor may not win since pictures speak a thousand words my friend. good luck!!

Your fault homie.

If you had seconds thoughts about the shoe being creased or in a condition you didn't like you shouldn't have bid in the first place.

Originally Posted by indohan

1. Pretend that you never get the item is a fraud.
You proudly announced that you're going to do an act of fraud in a public community.
Well, not wise, don't you think?

2. She stated that shoes are worn. There's nothing much you can do about it.

3. You cannot claim anything on your defense because both addresses are confirmed address.
She might make a mistake on sending it to your house, but your house is still a confirmed address.
The only hassle you're going to get is: not getting it while you're in school.

4. You cannot claim that you didn't get the item if she shipped it with a tracking number.

5. The only chance that you can open up a case is: Item received is not as described.
Unfortunately, the chance that you'll win is very small. On her auction, she mentioned that shoes are used.
You didn't ask for more detailed pictures, that's probably your own fault.

6. School teaches you all kind of stuffs. Unfortunately, your pathetic school failed to teach you two basic lessons: Honesty & Integrity.
Ironically, you live in school.

That pretty much sums it up. Either go with no. 5 or move on. Not worth all the stress.

i hate buyers like you. don't say you didn't get em, that's scamming.

reminds me of the dude i sold jeans to. he wanted a full refund cuz they didn't fit
indifferent.gif

i realize that you guys probably don't read through the 4 pages of the thread, but i'm not going to tell her i never got them. i already told her i gotthem and complained about the condition. i'm going to keep them though, because i feel like i still got a good deal on them. i think that about coverseverything. mods you can lock this up or whatever haha.

For $56 you got a steal, the pics look pretty acurate to me, I think your being unrealistic and have buyers remorse even though you got them for 1/4 the price.

she said "HI, THANKS FOR YOUR NOTE, THEY ARE PRACTICALLY NEW...
THEY ARE PRACTICALLY NEW is slang for they are used.
ohwell.gif

Of course I was mad so I sent her a message asking why I didn't get them shipped to my school address which I clearly listed as the shipping address in the Paypal payment.
Was the issue where she shipped them or the condition in which they arrived?
eyes.gif

Think you just have to take the loss on it... never buy on ebay unless you can afford to lose out on some cash. Sounds silly but you have to treat ebay thatway.

Originally Posted by enrique23

you shouldnt have bought them if the pic was from far away
should have asked her for clear pics to see their condition
i 2nd that ask for more pics in diff angles if they are not available if you dont get em and not sure dont buy. played ya self sorry

I don't see why he should take the L on this one. Dispute it at least, you can't lose anything by doing that.

i realize i should have gotten better pictures, but if i specifically asked her if there was ANY scuffing and she says no they're in near perfectcondition. what reason would i have to not believe her when i asked her a very specific question? i really didn't expect to open them up and see a hugescuff right on top of the toebox along with a bunch of other scuffs all around the shoe. i don't understand how it can be anymore clear than that. it'sa predominately white shoe with black and brown scuffs. it's not like she could have somehow missed them. like i said, they had zero bids at the time andthere were only like less 2 days left (of a 7 day auction) so i'm sure she decided to stretch the truth a bit in hopes of at least selling them. thestarting price on these were $39.99. like i've said before, she didn't really market them well at all. she didn't put that they were XVII's inthe title and stuff like that. this is why i figured i'd get a steal on them. i can guarantee you if she had put "Jordan XVII shoes w/ suitcase size13" or something along those lines in the title, she would have made a lot more than $56. then on top of that, if she had the one picture she did and toldall her buyers that there were next to no creases and scuff marks, she would have made even more. Her main mistake was that she didn't really know what shehad so she couldn't market it well on ebay. so does that justify her stretching the truth on the condition of the shoes? in my opinion, no, it doesn't.

i don't even consider that i took an L anymore. i've gotten over it, because in the end, it's really not that big of an issue. i still got a greatdeal on them and i'm gonna try to restore all the scuff marks when i eventually get around to it.

Back
Top Bottom