Bought Something on Craigslist, Found Out It's Stolen

I recently bought a longboard over craigslist, and I'm getting on to the bus the other day and some girl comes up to me saying that it was her boyfriendsboard...so I think shes trying to make small talk and just tell me its the same kind. I shrug it off but she insists that its her boyfriends actual board. Shetells me he left it on the bus a few days ago and hasn't seen it since. Now I bought this board about a week ago, so I'm thinking a dude found it andjust threw it right on CL. She takes down my number so we can talk about it later because I had been running late to class and needed to catch the bus. Sheinstead follows me to campus in her car, and when I get off the bus she is waiting there with a pretty much brand new replacement long board that was hers, andtells me she wants to switch it out because her BF loved his board. I paid $85 cash for the first one and the new one is waaaayyy better, so I feel really badnow. I'm assuming she wants to file a report somehow, but the thing is, dude who I had bought it from craigslist sold it to me at night at my door and Idon't really remember the guy enough to report him, plus all of the emails were sent through the sales@craigslist service, and I deleted them over theweekend. I feel terrible for making her give up her board, but then again I'm not gonna get screwed out of my money. There isn't much I can do legallysince like I said I have next to none of the transaction information...and now she keeps texting me asking me for info. Anyone got some advice as to what Ishould say to this chick, I just want this to be resolved asap I got too much stuff to worry about as is.

Clifnotes
-Bought a Longboard over craigslist
-Found out it was stolen/found on a bus
-Chick finds me, exchanges my board (her bf's lost board) for a pretty new one
- I have next to no information about the transaction and she wants some closure/info
- What should I say to her?

Originally Posted by bns1201

I feel like its not gonna be good enough to tell her that I have no info
She's def gon think u stole it or found it on the bus...jus tell her your story regardless...

what kind of idiot would forget something as big as a longboard on the bus? hes lucky he got it back and the police wont do anything since it was found on abus.

Originally Posted by Stixx

bns1201 wrote:

She's def gon think u stole it or found it on the bus...jus tell her your story regardless...

I'm sayin, I feel like unless we got the dude in cuffs I'm gonna be given that stare everytime I see her...

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

forget about it and go to the m4m section.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by Stixx

bns1201 wrote:

I'm sayin, I feel like unless we got the dude in cuffs I'm gonna be given that stare everytime I see her...
How often do you see her?

well now that I know its her I'll probably see her every other day on the bus...and I'm not hard to miss im like 6'11'' :/

what can she expect? it doesn't seem like the board was actually stolen, it was lost and someone found it. Sure the person that found it could have triedto return it to a lost and found, but I doubt most people do that with anything they find on a bus.

That's not anything you can control. Just tell her the truth of what happened, she either takes it or doesn't.

Cool story bro...you both won...how do you leave something like that on the bus though?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom