Box label difference on 2004 Air Jordan 4 Cool Grey

Hi NTers,

I was wondering if someone could enlight me on the box label difference on AJ4 Cool Grey.

Why some of them have a box label like this:

And some of them a box label like that:

Thanks for the help

2004 was the year they changed the labels up, simple as that.
Oh ok I thought about that but didn't think they would do it during a shoe production I thought they would start doing it for a new release.

Oh ok I thought about that but didn't think they would do it during a shoe production I thought they would start doing it for a new release.
Yeah there's quite a few examples of JB/Nike changing things over mid run, notably labels & boxes... the face box to the 2005 anniversary box was changed mid run too, the OG XI box was switched mid run and came in both the Jordan one and the Nike one that was carried over to the XIIs... there's others like one of the Black Cat models switched labels mid run as well, but I can't think whether it was the IIIs or the IVs off the top of my head.

@RaphP

Hey bro, don't know if you're still interested, but I was going through some old pics and just to clarify it was the Black Cat IVs that changed label design halfway through production.

Both styles of box label...

(I'm pretty sure the difference is simply just based on whether they were produced in China or Taiwan)

Last edited:
@RaphP

Hey bro, don't know if you're still interested, but I was going through some old pics and just to clarify it was the Black Cat IVs that changed label design halfway through production.

Both styles of box label...

(I'm pretty sure the difference is simply just based on whether they were produced in China or Taiwan)

View media item 1463937

View media item 1463938
Hi firepower firepower yes still interested to educate myself.

Ok thanks for the clarification, can you confirm this happened to the cool grey IV as well? I know they were also produced in those two countries and my original post was about this specific color way.

can you confirm this happened to the cool grey IV as well? I know they were also produced in those two countries and my original post was about this specific color way.
Yeah, the ones produced in Taiwan had the older style tag, ones from China had the new style, I just looked at my Cool Greys (produced in Taiwan) and they're the same.

Yeah, the ones produced in Taiwan had the older style tag, ones from China had the new style, I just looked at my Cool Greys (produced in Taiwan) and they're the same.
Thanks again for the education :smile:

Back
Top Bottom