Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

I love the doc, but it definitely could have been better. Not quite as epic as I had hoped for and expected. As others have mentioned, the big thing is that I thought there would be way more unseen and behind the scenes footage. For longtime Jordan/Bulls junkies like me and others, we already knew half the stuff it presented and have read or heard it before. Like in the finale, the "revelation" about the poisoned pizza. That's not even news. Grover has told that story more than once in past years.
The final two episodes are, to me, actually the weakest episodes. They're mostly just recaps of what happened in those playoff games. Not a lot of deep or new insight into much during the last two hours.
Overall, I think the series is about an 8/10. During the course of the nearly nine hours, there are enough new/unseen things to make it much more satisfying than just yet another Bulls recap video. But there are also a lot of minutes spent on things I needed none of, personally. But that's the tough spot you're in, making this thing: You have to tell the whole story and background for people who don't know it, while hopefully not boring those of us who do. If anything, I wish they had made it five episodes longer and could've really done both. Who knows, though: For all the hype and talk of these hundreds of hours of unseen footage from the vault, maybe a lot of it actually wasn't that great or compelling.

MJ had final cut so some of the good stuff is probably left out.
They kept taking shots of what MJ was wearing like he was promoting his kicks. But I don't need to see some wack JB runners during shootaround or the interview. Nike should be dropping all the kicks they focused on during the show.

For all the hype and talk of these hundreds of hours of unseen footage from the vault, maybe a lot of it actually wasn't that great or compelling.
I wish they would release all that behind the scenes footage raw with no interviews or explanations. Just raw footage on a straight timeline with all the little boring gems we all want to see. I think it's the little boring moments between people forgetting the camera is on when we see who they really are. Alot can be said about someone just by watching the way they sit in silence staring at the floor.

Documentary was good, but I wasn't exactly blown away by it like a lot of people were

I think most ppl who were blown away by it are non-fans or casual bball fans (although some NBA players were too - wth, isn’t all this your ”education”?).

If you’re a Bulls fan or an MJ junkie, you know the story and the achievements probably by heart, know the ”story” and have seen most of this stuff in multiple formats over the years.

But how about some Oakley M.A.R.S., folks? :rofl:
652CEC9B-8E1E-4001-B06B-C171884A41D9.jpeg

I think most ppl who were blown away by it are non-fans or casual bball fans (although some NBA players were too - wth, isn’t all this your ”education”?).

If you’re a Bulls fan or an MJ junkie, you know the story and the achievements probably by heart, know the ”story” and have seen most of this stuff in multiple formats over the years.

You sir, hit the nail on the head. Couldn't have expressed it better myself

I liked it for what it was. Did I expect more ? Yeah. But was still fun to watch. Fun trip down my teenage years texting my best friend while watching it still talking s;;; back and forth. He is still a Pacer fan. To have a copy of it along with all that unseen footage would be great to have for sure. Now would be a good time to release a playoff 13.

This has been the most tv ive watched in 10 plus years....i even purchased a cable sub. for the first time in my adult life....still in amazement goood stuff.. so many memories...this def better win an oscar

Lol since when do they give Oscars for docuseries?

Documentary was good, but I wasn't exactly blown away by it like a lot of people were

I think the prime demographic for this was casual sports and even basketball/MJ fans.

This is good knowledge for younger people who never saw MJ play live though and only rock Js because of celebs and influencers.. Gives a lot of context to why Js were so hyped up to begin with.

Damn, people are asking for $100 for even the Tinker/MJ hardcover book from 2005...? Wonder if I should sell my copy...
Hell no you dont sell that lol not if you don't need to.
On another note felt the documentary was amazing and an absolute must have on BluRay. Was so interesting revisiting this stuff through adult eyes. Sure the majority of the information has long since been out there however never before have i seen it this raw and uncut. Not a single dvd i own breaks down all the behind scene workings in this sort of fashion. Really just raises my already insanely high appreciation for that team.

Hell no you dont sell that lol not if you don't need to.
On another note felt the documentary was amazing and an absolute must have on BluRay. Was so interesting revisiting this stuff through adult eyes. Sure the majority of the information has long since been out there however never before have i seen it this raw and uncut. Not a single dvd i own breaks down all the behind scene workings in this sort of fashion. Really just raises my already insanely high appreciation for that team.

I think the books and articles about the Bulls run gives a lot more info on this though (I.e. Pacers Game 7, as mentioned ITT). Stuff like this is lost in the documentary tbh. Also, they barely covered the Bulls 1st title, which was pretty lame tbh.

Again, I think this was targeting casual ESPN viewers who know little/nothing about the Bulls and MJ and are used to idiot talking heads screaming nonsense about how “LeBrOn Is BeTtEr ThAn JoRdAn!!!” and whatnot.

I would have loved to see more analysis on individual games/series and they honesty could have done a multiple seasons of this show just on that (then again, I’m a huge basketball fan).

Now that the series is done, i'm gonna take a week off and binge watch the whole thing next week. It was so amazing in so many ways and was perfectly done IMO.

On Wednesday ESPN is going to show "Game 6, the Movie" Apparently full game 6 in HD with footage that was shot for Last Dance. Can't wait for that!
Would LOVE to see Game 7 vs Pacers in this format as well. I’d give anything for that raw footage.

Back
Top Bottom