Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

I think the books and articles about the Bulls run gives a lot more info on this though (I.e. Pacers Game 7, as mentioned ITT). Stuff like this is lost in the documentary tbh. Also, they barely covered the Bulls 1st title, which was pretty lame tbh.

Again, I think this was targeting casual ESPN viewers who know little/nothing about the Bulls and MJ and are used to idiot talking heads screaming nonsense about how “LeBrOn Is BeTtEr ThAn JoRdAn!!!” and whatnot.

I would have loved to see more analysis on individual games/series and they honesty could have done a multiple seasons of this show just on that (then again, I’m a huge basketball fan).
It's a really good sports doc. I will buy it immediately if and when they make it available in a collector's set. Personally, even though I already said I knew a ton of it already, even that stuff did at least come with some new comments and footage. My true criticisms of it are few and far between; it's more like just things I wish they had done a little differently, or included more or less of. I totally agree with whoever above said they should add bonus footage of just the raw stuff that didn't make the cut. I don't even need it produced in the same way as the doc, I would literally just watch the raw footage of practices and locker room trash talk etc.

Enjoyed the doc. Happy to have these guys in the collection.
20200518_113836.jpg
20200518_113619.jpg

It's a really good sports doc. I will buy it immediately if and when they make it available in a collector's set. Personally, even though I already said I knew a ton of it already, even that stuff did at least come with some new comments and footage. My true criticisms of it are few and far between; it's more like just things I wish they had done a little differently, or included more or less of. I totally agree with whoever above said they should add bonus footage of just the raw stuff that didn't make the cut. I don't even need it produced in the same way as the doc, I would literally just watch the raw footage of practices and locker room trash talk etc.

Yeah my issues are with what was left out, specifically. Like why glance over that Pacers Game 7 or the 1991 Finals? Just seems like they could’ve done more but, again, I think a lot of this was geared towards casual fans and not diehard MJ fans like you would find on places like NT haha

I’m just thankful they didn’t cover MJ’s Wizards years otherwise someone would have to go to hell to interview Abe Pollin.

The 97-98 season was my junior year in high school. Being one of maybe two or three in the entire school that was a Bulls fan. Coming off the 5th ring and bragging rights, no one around me was impressed. Still Pacers, still Penny, and Barkely mattered more.
The first time I saw a pair of Black toe 13s was in a SI pic of Jordan sitting on the bench next to Pip. I did not have cable so everything I was seeing was from magazines. I got to see a few NBC games with both the Black toe and Chicagos being worn on court by MJ. But the first real view was in a Tribute to Jordan Slam magazine in 1997. Being a card collector then, the thought of a hologram in a shoe was completely insane. After seeing detailed pics I knew I needed them. By that time though, they were already out. So when I arrived at the local mall to find them....gone. In all adult sizes. So, I decided to buy a youth version JUST to have them. I didnt care. Just wanted them. (Black toes). I took them home feeling kinda stupid but what ever. I had a pair of 13s right? Instantly I compare them to the pics in that magazine. Was all sorts of happy till, I saw the difference in the hologram. Hell no. I took them back right away within the hour with a lie that they were a gift to my brother and they were to big. :lol:
Eventually leaving there I went to a bigger mall about a half hour away from there and actually found my size. And wore them as proud as I ever wore a J. Had them on when my son was born as well. Yeah, I started early lol.
That year in school was so awesome. Broke up with a crazy ex, got to spend more time with my best friend, who is still a Pacer fan to this day. Watched as many games we could they would air. When that Pacers Bulls series was happening, those were great times with him. We talked so much **** to each other that we would almost fight. We actually went to Game 6 together but, it was outside in a rally form on a big titan tron type screen. I might have been the only one of a very few to have Bulls gear on wearing some black red 12s as well. He asked me if I was sure I wanted to do that. Hell yeah I said.. Till I got their and Damn,,, I thought I was gonna get my *** beaten. There were some hardcores there. Jordan tripped and lost the ball at the end of that contest maybe preventing me from getting waxed. Cause I was nervous for sure. Still though, a great memory.
The Black and Reds were still to this day were the only shoe I ever called into work to get on release day. Thank you Slam Mag. Unbelievable feeling walking out with those.
This doc was a great time to relive some **** for sure. But most importantly, still talking to the same best friend in life who was with me through several trying times back then. The **** talk has not changed a bit.
The Finals in 98 were the most I was ever invested in. I would get yelled at by my step father to calm down when I was in the living room, he in the bed room. Looking back, I laugh at how animated and pissed I would get while watching these games. Still to this day, I never get THAT hyped. I miss that time. Even at a young age, I knew it was the last season for the Bulls as we knew them. So every win, every shot, mattered. The LAST SHOT, I saw it as it happened. I scraped my knuckles hitting the ceiling while jumping in the air with pure joy. And got yelled at for it.. Hard. I did not care.
If anyone took the time to read this, thank you. If did not, I completely understand. lol. My best friend and I still talk about this period of time. And to have that opportunity still, is a complete blessing.

I grew up in Calumet City, so I grew up watching Bulls games on WGN, Sportscenter, NBC and ESPN. That was the best time to grow up in Illinois, every Bulls game was a must see event. I remember that I wanted a pair of 13s bad as hell when a fellow classmates came to school with the Black Toes. I decided I was going to get the Playoff 13s, they looked so dope to me in all black with the yellow championship ring around the Jordan. So, my mom took me to Foot Locker on State St in the June of 1998 and I was prepared to spend all of my 8th grade graduation money. I didnt quite have enough, I think I was 20-30 bucks short and my mom refused to kick in the extra money for them. So, I left the store with the white/black/red Jumpman Pro Quick, which was actually a newer release than the Playoffs. I was a little disappointed, but people who saw me wearing them said "he got the new Jordans on!" From that point on i felt like :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Ended up barely wearing them and beat them when i wore them for freshman year gym class, i then ended up giving them to a neighbor.

A year prior to that, there was a team pride day at my school and EVERYONE was going to wear Bulls jerseys. I explained to my mom how I couldnt be left out because I would be made fun of, so she takes me to TJ Max and agrees to buy me a Bulls jersey. I pick out the Champion black alternate replica, but as i pick it up, I also notice they have the Black Pinstripe Authentic in a 48 for $40 or $50. I beg and plead my mom to buy me this jersey and I wouldnt ask for anything else, but she wouldnt budge. I damn near throw a tantrum because I wanted this jersey than bad, but she told me I would leave the store with nothing if I kept up. So I got the replica instead (which was $20) and kept it moving.

I grew up in Calumet City, so I grew up watching Bulls games on WGN, Sportscenter, NBC and ESPN. That was the best time to grow up in Illinois, every Bulls game was a must see event. I remember that I wanted a pair of 13s bad as hell when a fellow classmates came to school with the Black Toes. I decided I was going to get the Playoff 13s, they looked so dope to me in all black with the yellow championship ring around the Jordan. So, my mom took me to Foot Locker on State St in the June of 1998 and I was prepared to spend all of my 8th grade graduation money. I didnt quite have enough, I think I was 20-30 bucks short and my mom refused to kick in the extra money for them. So, I left the store with the white/black/red Jumpman Pro Quick, which was actually a newer release than the Playoffs. I was a little disappointed, but people who saw me wearing them said "he got the new Jordans on!" From that point on i felt like :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Ended up barely wearing them and beat them when i wore them for freshman year gym class, i then ended up giving them to a neighbor.

A year prior to that, there was a team pride day at my school and EVERYONE was going to wear Bulls jerseys. I explained to my mom how I couldnt be left out because I would be made fun of, so she takes me to TJ Max and agrees to buy me a Bulls jersey. I pick out the Champion black alternate replica, but as i pick it up, I also notice they have the Black Pinstripe Authentic in a 48 for $40 or $50. I beg and plead my mom to buy me this jersey and I wouldnt ask for anything else, but she wouldnt budge. I damn near throw a tantrum because I wanted this jersey than bad, but she told me I would leave the store with nothing if I kept up. So I got the replica instead (which was $20) and kept it moving.

Shoutout to your Mom for not budging at all. That's how my Mom was. Made the eventual W's down the road even that much sweeter.

I uploaded some of my favorite Jordan commercials, tried to find the best quality and catalogue them correctly. I will be uploading more and reuploading if I come across better quality versions

Shoutout to your Mom for not budging at all. That's how my Mom was. Made the eventual W's down the road even that much sweeter.
This for sure. My mom thought it was the dumbest thing ever to want a shoe just because a name was on it. To her the price was outlandish.
So it was that much more gratifying to start buying them with my own money. Mom thought it was just a temporary fad. :lol:

This for sure. My mom thought it was the dumbest thing ever to want a shoe just because a name was on it. To her the price was outlandish.
So it was that much more gratifying to start buying them with my own money. Mom thought it was just a temporary fad. :lol:
I remember back when the OG 4's already released, I wanted the cement 4's (black or white). Adults sizes were going for $100.00 plus tax and was not sure what the kids went for. I had the audacity to ask my mom if I could get them and she said that she could not afford them because they were too much money (she was so right). $100 was a lot of money during that time. Fast forward to September 1999, I saw people wearing the black/cement's and white/cement came out and although, I did not buy them right away (I eventually paid resale for both of them). A year later in 2000, I purchased my first AJ, the Laney 5's. After that, the beast was unleashed and never looked back till this day.

being born in 95, never got to watch MJ and the bulls play and i gotta say, the replay of game 6 with the clear footage is amazing. speechless at how good the quality is and honestly wish i got to grow up during this era of basketball like a lot of you guys in here

Hmmm.. Watching the game 6 movie now. The broadcast kinda sucks. It's waaaay too zoomed in if you know what I mean. They should have used a wider angle.

/edit, after watching more, it looks like they were trying to shoot documentary style, which they try and zoom in wherever the ball is.

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Watching the game 6 movie now. The broadcast kinda sucks. It's waaaay too zoomed in if you know what I mean. They should have used a wider angle.

/edit, after watching more, it looks like they were trying to shoot documentary style, which they try and zoom in wherever the ball is.
Have watched this game several times. This view is dope. The doc view work s .

Overall its pretty cool especially for this game, but some shots are choppy and too zoomed in for the play or after the play. Cant complain this HD version of this game is crazy to watch other than little clips from Jordan to the Max I've seen

I am from Maryland, and loved Basketball as far as i can remember. Len Bias was going to be my man in the Pro's. Was and still am a huge Terp fan (My Daughter is also a freshman at UMD making me very happy!!!!) First time I really watched MJ besides 1982 championship game was a game against the Terps when he did the famous dunk at the end. I was impressed but still though Lenny bias was the man and I was going to be a Celtics Fan!!! (Imagine that team for the next 5-7 years with Bird, McHale, Parrish, Reggie Lewis and Bias). Anyway you know the story, lenny does drugs and dies (quick note, this incident kept me from doing drugs of any kind throughout my life, also one of the saddest days of my life. One of those i remember exactly where i was at when i heard the news. Devastating) So then started watching MJ every chance I could get and couldnt get enough. Got come fly with me and wore that tape out, watched and tried to perfect all of his moves, especially the up and under reverse layup and the up turn your back to the basket and hit your wrist and ball off the backboard. Also listened to as many games as possible on 1000 am. I became a pro at tuning the radio to the exact spot to be able to hear the game. But sometimes I still wonder what would have happened if Len Bias would have lived. He was going to be an amazing NBA pro. He had mad hops and a sweet jumper. I think him and Jordan would have continued their battle in the pro's for a long time. I don't doubt that MJ would still accomplish everything he did but Bias may have even pushed him to be even better than he was if that is possible.

Back
Top Bottom