Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

I am from Maryland, and loved Basketball as far as i can remember. Len Bias was going to be my man in the Pro's. Was and still am a huge Terp fan (My Daughter is also a freshman at UMD making me very happy!!!!) First time I really watched MJ besides 1982 championship game was a game against the Terps when he did the famous dunk at the end. I was impressed but still though Lenny bias was the man and I was going to be a Celtics Fan!!! (Imagine that team for the next 5-7 years with Bird, McHale, Parrish, Reggie Lewis and Bias). Anyway you know the story, lenny does drugs and dies (quick note, this incident kept me from doing drugs of any kind throughout my life, also one of the saddest days of my life. One of those i remember exactly where i was at when i heard the news. Devastating) So then started watching MJ every chance I could get and couldnt get enough. Got come fly with me and wore that tape out, watched and tried to perfect all of his moves, especially the up and under reverse layup and the up turn your back to the basket and hit your wrist and ball off the backboard. Also listened to as many games as possible on 1000 am. I became a pro at tuning the radio to the exact spot to be able to hear the game. But sometimes I still wonder what would have happened if Len Bias would have lived. He was going to be an amazing NBA pro. He had mad hops and a sweet jumper. I think him and Jordan would have continued their battle in the pro's for a long time. I don't doubt that MJ would still accomplish everything he did but Bias may have even pushed him to be even better than he was if that is possible.

UMD alum here. Did you happen to catch the random Keith Booth cameo appearances in the Last Dance

1590084286841.jpeg

With the documentary over, I didn't get a chance to post this up. I've had this for years. My wife surprised me with it on my birthday back when we were dating.

IMG_20200517_224449.jpg

She brought it out all wrapped and I had ZERO idea what it could be! When I unwrapped it, talk about excited! A framed and matted, HUGE photo of MJ's Last Shot!! So I figured I'd take a picture of my OG Playoff 14's with them (that's what they were called when they came out).
I still wear these on occasion. Shoes are solid, no sticky midsole outriggers, and the zoom is still cushy. I even wore them when I got my retros that releases a year ago or so. What a surprise this was back then! 👍

With the documentary over, I didn't get a chance to post this up. I've had this for years. My wife surprised me with it on my birthday back when we were dating.

IMG_20200517_224449.jpg

She brought it out all wrapped and I had ZERO idea what it could be! When I unwrapped it, talk about excited! A framed and matted, HUGE photo of MJ's Last Shot!! So I figured I'd take a picture of my OG Playoff 14's with them (that's what they were called when they came out).
I still wear these on occasion. Shoes are solid, no sticky midsole outriggers, and the zoom is still cushy. I even wore them when I got my retros that releases a year ago or so. What a surprise this was back then! 👍
I have the same photo but with a dual pic of Walter Payton with it. My fathers favorite athlete. An ex bought for me several years back. Beat my originals up at work a long time ago. Wish I wouldnt have. Thats awesome you can still wear those.

I have the same photo but with a dual pic of Walter Payton with it. My fathers favorite athlete. An ex bought for me several years back. Beat my originals up at work a long time ago. Wish I wouldnt have. Thats awesome you can still wear those.

That's awesome buddy. I have so much respect for Sweetness. I eventually knew what he was going through waiting for a donor for a liver transplant, as a few years after he passed, is when I had my liver transplant (10/7/03). I then knew EXACTLY how scared he was! 😢 Him and Sanders are my 1 and 1A of best of all time running backs.

That's awesome buddy. I have so much respect for Sweetness. I eventually knew what he was going through waiting for a donor for a liver transplant, as a few years after he passed, is when I had my liver transplant (10/7/03). I then knew EXACTLY how scared he was! 😢 Him and Sanders are my 1 and 1A of best of all time running backs.
You good now a days?

You good now a days?

Transplant wise, yes. That's good. But other things are bad! I deal with severe Crohn's disease now and it's NOT good. I've actually been out of work on disability since Feb 1. Had Ulcerative Colitis since 93 and had surgery for it in '01/02 when I had my entire large intestine, gallbladder and appendix removed. The Colitis being in me for so long eventually caused my liver to fail, hence needing a transplant.
But Crohn's is AWFUL! some days I can't leave the house for hours as I gotta be near a bathroom. But being on disability has been a blessing as I was away from work while the virus started and things were crazy (I'm in auto sales and in PA, sales were open till mid March then they furloughed everyone). So I'm home as my doctors at Penn said to NOT go to work for a while as I'm extremely high risk.
How are you holding up buddy? You & your family safe?

It's a really good sports doc. I will buy it immediately if and when they make it available in a collector's set. Personally, even though I already said I knew a ton of it already, even that stuff did at least come with some new comments and footage. My true criticisms of it are few and far between; it's more like just things I wish they had done a little differently, or included more or less of. I totally agree with whoever above said they should add bonus footage of just the raw stuff that didn't make the cut. I don't even need it produced in the same way as the doc, I would literally just watch the raw footage of practices and locker room trash talk etc.
Oh man, I totally agree. That stuff that didn't make the final edit and hit the cutting room floor is the stuff I love to see.

I remember back when the OG 4's already released, I wanted the cement 4's (black or white). Adults sizes were going for $100.00 plus tax and was not sure what the kids went for. I had the audacity to ask my mom if I could get them and she said that she could not afford them because they were too much money (she was so right). $100 was a lot of money during that time. Fast forward to September 1999, I saw people wearing the black/cement's and white/cement came out and although, I did not buy them right away (I eventually paid resale for both of them). A year later in 2000, I purchased my first AJ, the Laney 5's. After that, the beast was unleashed and never looked back till this day.
Are you Scoop as in the twitter account with the best traffic updates and reports ever from Massachusetts ?

Back
Top Bottom