Brandon Jennings vs. Josh Selby (VIDEOS)

I don't buy that at all. I am sure BJ is a better player (especially defensively) playing under Skiles. No question about it. Yea he took away some of the flash, but flash doesn't win games. Brandon Jennings just can't shoot efficiently to save his life man. Yea it is pretty but that man can't make shots.

Feels good to be a Grizz fan man.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I don't buy that at all. I am sure BJ is a better player (especially defensively) playing under Skiles. No question about it. Yea he took away some of the flash, but flash doesn't win games. Brandon Jennings just can't shoot efficiently to save his life man. Yea it is pretty but that man can't make shots.

What dont u believe? That Skiles doesnt want him to make any flashy plays? Its out of the horses mouth my man lol...

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

What dont u believe? That Skiles doesnt want him to make any flashy plays? Its out of the horses mouth my man lol...
No I think DC is saying he doesn't buy that Skiles is "reining him in too much", like Skiles is holding him back or not realizing BJ's full potential.

I agree with DC, I think Skiles is just trying to bring out the substance and the winning type PG. I'm pretty sure they'll find a happy medium in due time. But yeah Jennings is just so inconsistent.....

The things he did in hs and playing pickup he wouldnt get away with at the NBA level, its that simple.

Need to realize the he's still only 21, that "medium" will hopefully come this year.

And he still takes WAYYYYY too many chances on defense, something he has been working on all summer, plus he put on like 12 pounds of muscle.

I am just saying that Scott Skiles isn't making Brandon a worse player. And I don't believe for one second that he would be a better all around player if he played with Knicks. Then again, I think his offensive game might be better though. So that is tricky. But we know defensively he is better off with learning from Scottland Skiles.

Almost like how some folks think Hubie ruined Jason Williams' game. I can't agree with that. I think he made the dude grow the hell up.

Thanks Carraba for breaking it down for me.

Ecko, what did Brandon say about Skiles?

I am just saying that Scott Skiles isn't making Brandon a worse player. And I don't believe for one second that he would be a better all around player if he played with Knicks. Then again, I think his offensive game might be better though. So that is tricky. But we know defensively he is better off with learning from Scottland Skiles.

Almost like how some folks think Hubie ruined Jason Williams' game. I can't agree with that. I think he made the dude grow the hell up.

Thanks Carraba for breaking it down for me.

Ecko, what did Brandon say about Skiles?
Oh I wasn't part of that...Skiles has made him a solid NBA player, more into making the "right" play...

Offensively of course in NY he would be much better...

He doesn't say much, doesn't have the "freedom" he would like but that will come hopefully in year 3...Skiles loves his work ethic and that he wants to continue to get better but what coach doesnt want that? Skiles is hard on him but thats what he needs.

He would put up better NUMBERS in New York. Lets not confuse that with him being "much better." Not the same thing there.

So if you're Scott Skiles you gamble and go trial by fire, knowing you'll essentially lose games and playoff hopes in a small market, to give a 21 year old PG who didn't play college ball and can't shoot free reign to toss crazy passes to teammates who aren't that much better at shooting anyway?

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

So if you're Scott Skiles you gamble and go trial by fire, knowing you'll essentially lose games and playoff hopes in a small market, to give a 21 year old PG who didn't play college ball and can't shoot free reign to toss crazy passes to teammates who aren't that much better at shooting anyway?

Wait, what?? Lol, who said any of that...

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The crowd act like they never seen a basketball game in their lives

a lot of them probably have never seen an nba game live

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The crowd act like they never seen a basketball game in their lives

Please don't start that.
If you were able to witness two guys going back and forth like that you wouldn't be excited?

^ I think his point is being excited and acting like a fool are two completely different things. I personally wouldn't be jumping up and down and running around, but some hard claps/laughs would be coming my way. He is simply saying some folks appear to overdo it. But again, who the hell are we to say how people are allowed to worship.........I mean show appreciation?

DC, lemme ask you....do you think what Skiles is doing to Jennings is in anyway similar to what Hubie Brown did to Jason Williams? Jason Williams was one of the most exciting players in the NBA when he was with the Kings. But he has gone on record in singing Hubie's praises for making him a better PG. For as flashy as Williams was in Sacto, he was at time out of control. We all know Jennings can do some ill things w. the ball....but as hard-nosed as Skiles is, that probably won't fly. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but rather reigning him in to keep him in control during games.

Oh nah, I don't think it is a bad thing at all man. I brought up Hubie/JW earlier. Similar situation, other than Jason already having previous NBA years under his belt. I don't think it is a bad thing, I just have to remember that Skiles has Brandon's mind in his hands, so when going to these streetball games, I shouldn't still be expecting to see the same Jennings from back in 20008.

Selby is my favorite Rookie.
laugh.gif
Always loved his fearless play. That's that hood $@%%.

All these exciting summer league games and they want to shut down the season now. Idiots

Back
Top Bottom