Brandon Jennings vs. Josh Selby (VIDEOS)

Round 1

Selby drops 48 and gets the win in the first matchup. Here is Brandon Jennings going head to head with B-more's own Josh Selby. Things get heated between the two as they started trading buckets in the 2nd half. Selby went off, dropping 48 points in the win over Brandon's team last week. Word has already spread about a possible rematch between the two. We tried to get the official stats for Brandon and Josh after the game but were unable. Stay tuned to Hoopmixtape.com for more info on Melo League!

Round 2

Here is the rematch to arguably one of the most heated matchups this Summer. Despite the outcome both Brandon and Josh put on a show. Josh finished the leading scorer with 40+. Kevin Durant With around 35, and Brandon with 25-30. Josh Selby played alongside Kevin. Jennings started the game out on fire but in the 2nd half wasn't given as many touches... Keep checking Hoopmixtape.com for a possible third matchup.

Selby is a straight beast...can score at will, and if he gets on the floor, gonna turn some heads.. but B. Jennings
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...he got em in those videos

Hurts to watch these highlights man. If only Showtime would have been healthy during his stint at KU. . .
But do your thing Showtime. I know its only summer league but he might just end up being the steal of the draft.  

Selby rockin' them Grizz shorts
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Didn't like the pick at first but if he gon' be ballin like that Conley might have another Lowry like problem
laugh.gif

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Great matchup... The back & forth was
eek.gif

Jennings with that cross
sick.gif
His range was on point too...

roll.gif
at the end of the 1st vid

ahhhh much appreciated homie!! selby is looking dope. we'll see how that nba comp changes his game tho, the defense show looks week.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I had no idea who selby was and definitely didn't know he was in the league, but that first vid was impressive. B Jennings tho
eek.gif
that range was ridiculous.

Man if we get to see action like this I don't even care if we have a season!

BJ doin his thing 
pimp.gif

Everyone was quick to get on his back this year sayin hes a bust. Dude has talent, only his second year in the league. 

laugh.gif

Selby is a monster, but I'll be damned if he wasn't goin for self in those Pro-Am games in the Melo League...

The highlights of the 2nd game dont really tell the story of how the game actually went... BJ caught fire fresh out the gate on Selby!! Josh got the majority of his points during the second half...

And it safe to say that Selby hates Jennings..
laugh.gif
 But the city has a new found respect for him with his play during these games...

Both have been fun to watch this summer...
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Jennings...
pimp.gif

I still think Scott Skiles put a voodoo spell on Jennings. Jennings doesn't even do half of the tricks he did in his HS days man. Hell we will be lucky to see him yank somebody these days. All does is EuroStep and Shoot 3;s. But I am not complaining, my dude has a lot of respect for how he came out and showed face this summer.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CAto312

Why didn't Selby get more burn at KU? Especially later in the season?
Injuries + working himself back into shape
This is true
but him playing on a team  with 4 other 6-3  shooting guard 
indifferent.gif
  and no PG had a part to 
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

Selby to KU was doomed from the start. Summer he breaks his hand. Then he has to sit nine games. Then when conference season starts he got hurt again which set him back even further. At guard we were deep and Self has a tendency to play 'his' type of guys which was Reed and Morningstar. He def. had a quick leash w/ JS but really at that point and time JS was so far behind he had really lost confidence in his game that he wasn't even a shell of the player you see now.
I mean he was the #1 player in the country and he had a lot of publicity coming in. I mean at no fault of his the first game he plays in he goes off for 22 and hits the game winner. After that it was kinda unfair what KU fans wanted for him. 

I know there are a lot of KU fans who are upset w/ JS for his career at KU and the way he announced he was leaving but I wish dude nothing but the best. From everything I heard he was a good kid who everyone liked has never, publicly said anything bad about KU so I wish him the best the same way I do the Morris Twins, Cole, Rush, etc. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I still think Scott Skiles put a voodoo spell on Jennings. Jennings doesn't even do half of the tricks he did in his HS days man. Hell we will be lucky to see him yank somebody these days. All does is EuroStep and Shoot 3;s. But I am not complaining, my dude has a lot of respect for how he came out and showed face this summer.

Skiles doesnt even allow him to throw a behind the back pass...
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom