Brands that embrace diversity

As I'm watching the NBA games today, I'm noticing such a huge disparity between the NBA in their coverage of of MLK Day in the way they are celebrating MLK Day while I don't even think the NFL mentioned it. The NBA did a whole pregame show about MLK, they have banners up at the game, apparel, commercials, etc. This got me thinking.

It would be cool if we could get a running list of brands that embrace diversity and then the brands that promote ignorance, discrimination and racism so we can avoid those brands. A lot of us are at that age where disposable income is increasing and being on a site about Nikes and Jordans, we probable have disposable income to spend on material goods and I am trying to make sure I'm not spending my hard owned money with racist businesses. There are times when I'm like, it would be nice to have designer this or designer that and I'm like, these people don't even want me shopping in their store so why should I give them my money.

U gonna end up wearing gap head to toe and some toms.

Nah, Nike seems to embrace diversity. They do Black History months sneaks and apparel for MLK Day, they have the Kaepernick advertising campaign too. I'd keep Nike and Jordan brand on my shopping list unless someone has some information that I don't know.

Nah, Nike seems to embrace diversity. They do Black History months sneaks and apparel for MLK Day, they have the Kaepernick advertising campaign too. I'd keep Nike and Jordan brand on my shopping list unless someone has some information that I don't know.
Yea but who else does NIKE sleep in the bed with? Do you Googles

equality.jpg

I've just started messing with Nike again, just a few years ago. LeBron is a huge reason why. Since Nike got with Kaep, that solidified the deal with me, along with the Black Lives Matter comment coming from Mark Parker with the in house letter. I like that Nike jumped ship from Trump Tower in Manhattan as well. Shrewd move no doubt, as Nike has never had an outspoken, seemingly conscious Black man on their roster before Bron. I've met Mike, and he hires brothers in his organization, but he has never said anything publicly. Bron has. I support him as a Black man. That said, Nike has only one mistake to make with me, and if they do it, I'm out. So far, they are doing all right.

I love the marketing direction Nike is taking as of late, but if you're going to celebrate their stance on certain social issues, then you shouldn't be blind to what they have going on behind the scenes overseas.

Honestly, peeling the layers of the onion with a lot of corporations will lead to some things that many will find questionable.

What Nike has going on with women is disgusting. They fired a whole lot of dudes, but in general, much of the corporate workplace is toxic for women, and Nike was no exception.

Idk about promoting diversity but there are a plethora of black owned businesses that I frequent. Better that way than finding out the owner of your favorite designer is a racist.

You know you my man even off the site so I just want to tell you please don't do this because you will mess around be butt naked trying to play morality police. Look up Nike slave labor. That don't seem like diversity to me. I have to be real and say I wear nikes but they all have some stuff you disagree and or are connected to stuff you disagree with if you look hard enough.

A lot of large companies take steps to promote diversity whether it's real or not, gotta take it with a grain of salt, but I appreciate that as opposed to the opposite. Like with the racial makeup of the NFL they need to do more.

Back
Top Bottom