Breast Cancer Questions

Hey all, this is a serious question, so keep your child-like comments and trolling out of here. I recently had a family member diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer and wondering if anyone here has been affected by the disease, either directly or indirectly; it doesn't matter.

I don't really quite know how to react or take this news. It makes me feel very scared and weak as a person and my loved one. I've looked for support groups in the area at local hospitals and organizations. Nothing really out there in-person, just over-the-phone groups that meet once a month. I got real attitude and sass from some people from one of the local organizations when I asked if she knew of any places where I could go for support. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but it really pissed me off.

I've also been doing a lot of reading and such, but nothing really sinks in as it's written by professional copywriters at these larger corporations/organizations that have agendas. I'd rather get real advice and insight from real folks here.

Anyways, I just need some direction or advice from people that may have dealt with this in their own lives. Thanks guys.

What are you wow'ing for?

Maybe no one here dealt with it

There's plenty places online where you can get some of the answers you're looking for

All I can say is stay strong OP, and good luck to your family member, hopefully she beats it

Sorry, OP. It's very difficult to see a loved one battle this disease. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago. She fought it off for a few years but it came back twice. The last time it metastasized throughout her body. It will be 6 years next month since she passed away. I'm not the kind of person to talk about this stuff with friends so I didn't talk with anyone about it. You could try just talking to your close friends or family members about how you're feeling. Cancer affects so many families so i'm sure you might know a person or two who has dealt with something similar.

Sorry, OP. It's very difficult to see a loved one battle this disease. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago. She fought it off for a few years but it came back twice. The last time it metastasized throughout her body. It will be 6 years next month since she passed away. I'm not the kind of person to talk about this stuff with friends so I didn't talk with anyone about it. You could try just talking to your close friends or family members about how you're feeling. Cancer affects so many families so i'm sure you might know a person or two who has dealt with something similar.
Appreciate your reply, shogun. I am sorry for your loss. I have been trying to talk with friends but no one really understands it or has really been affected by it, hence why I tried to find a common denominator in another person or people that have been through it. Like I said, just reading about it online doesn't really help me grasp the situation all that well. I appreciate your reply, nonetheless.
What are you wow'ing for?

Maybe no one here dealt with it

There's plenty places online where you can get some of the answers you're looking for

All I can say is stay strong OP, and good luck to your family member, hopefully she beats it
I'm wowing because I find it hard to believe that out of all these members, no one has been affected by it or cares to share some advice. We have time to post about sneakers and big booty women and instagram "follow me back" posts, but no one posted here.

Sorry to hear the news OP. I can really empathize with you. My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a year ago and it was tough news to hear. I usually stay guarded with my emotions, but it did affect me.

What really kept me upbeat was actually her attitude towards cancer, she stayed positive and was strong. Somedays I called her and she was still herself, other days she sounded weak. I had a chance to visit her when she was on the rebound and took her out for dinner, talked with her etc and that really made me feel better.

When I look back on it, she only looked different (lost her hair, weight, was noticeably weak), but she was still the grandma I loved. The one I took to Braves games when she came to town and the one I called long distance and played pranks on. :lol:

Thankfully, her cancer is remission, she's dealing with some other health issues, but she's back to her jovial self. I would say just try to be strong for your relative and definitely keep looking for support groups out there who can help you.

Sorry to hear the news OP. I can really empathize with you. My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a year ago and it was tough news to hear. I usually stay guarded with my emotions, but it did affect me.

What really kept me upbeat was actually her attitude towards cancer, she stayed positive and was strong. Somedays I called her and she was still herself, other days she sounded weak. I had a chance to visit her when she was on the rebound and took her out for dinner, talked with her etc and that really made me feel better.

When I look back on it, she only looked different (lost her hair, weight, was noticeably weak), but she was still the grandma I loved. The one I took to Braves games when she came to town and the one I called long distance and played pranks on.
laugh.gif

Thankfully, her cancer is remission, she's dealing with some other health issues, but she's back to her jovial self. I would say just try to be strong for your relative and definitely keep looking for support groups out there who can help you.
Good insight. Appreciate you taking the time to provide some to a stranger. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom