Bred 4 (Legit Check), purchased from StockX smh

Damn, I'm pretty sure I got got on StockX - just started checking and trying to hurry up so I can sent them right back.

I still have a size 10 bred 4 from 2012, which I purchased from House of Hoops during all-star weekend in Houston, so I used them to compare the 9.5 I purchased from StockX recently, essentially to swap sizes, and I am sad to say that they look fugazi. Feedback appreciated.

Exhibit A: font weight (thickness) of MENS and even SIZE.
2hgblog.jpg

Last edited:
Sloppy stitches and black showing through on StockX pair, and also missing red stamp.
nyrfd.jpg

Last edited:
Many slight variations here as well. I stopped checking at this point, as the two shoes are clearly different. Waiting for response on refund.
209ixkk.jpg

Last edited:
Still don't think the Stock X pair is fake. Yes there is slight stitch differences. But that is common. Not all pairs are made with 100% precision. I see what your showing here but still don't think they are fake.

What about the pictures of the inside of the shoe. The stitches on both StockX shoes are sloppy, and one can see the black part of the heel showing. The stitching on the pair from House of Hoops is more uniform, and both shoes are stamped with a number in red. The StockX pair do not have the stamp in either shoe. Maybe one or two isolated things, but I have found numerous differences already.

I have also read that the inside of the tab is an indicator. They are slightly different. Oh ****, different number of dots, I didn't see that until now. So, still think they're legit?

2d9y9ae.jpg

Attachments

• stockx_5.jpg
    stockx_5.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks again for all the feedback. How many dots are on the inside of your Jordan 4 tabs?

Here is a better shot of the tabs, which are different.
  • Number of dots
  • Size and placement of dots
  • One set protrude and are shiny
  • Other set are are flat and matte.

6gwm76.jpg

Last edited:
Look I see the 7 dots to the 8 dots difference. To me that still doesn't convince me that you have a fake pair from Stock X. That could've been a change or a difference in production process from one factory to the next. Looked at every one of your pics in great detail by the way. But not all shoes mass produced are going to be the exact same. Yeah, some will disagree. But if factory A put 8 dots behind the lace tab. That doesn't guarantee factory B will do the exact. Don't look too hard at your shoes or it will drive you nuts. At the end of the day, if you doubt. Send them back.

Arthur Shelby Arthur Shelby Thanks for the feedback on the shoe.
  1. I wouldn't want to buy a fake sneaker, and paying resale prices for a replica is even worse than buying a replica in the first place.
  2. I wouldn't try to sell a sneaker I don't think is authentic on StockX. Isn't that the whole reason people buy from them, because the shoes are guaranteed to be authentic, due to their authentication process? If something did get certified that is not actually authentic, then I would like to know, because it would defeat the whole point of buying from them.

Main differences I have found so far:
  • Stitching patterns differ under soles, and black heel shows through on StockX pair.
  • No red stamp under StockX soles. Both of my size 10s (2 pairs, 4 shoes total, all purchased from House of Hoops) have red stamps under the soles.
  • Inside of waffle tabs are different - different number of dots and different grey dot materials.
  • Font thickness is different on size sticker (on sole).

Thanks JRepp23 JRepp23 I appreciate the feedback. The shoes look extremely similar, but the minor differences I have found do seem odd.

How about the shoe tongue labels comparison?

I’m about to send these back to StockX, here’s a quick pic of the tongue label.

Do any of your jordan 4s have 8 dots behind the waffle tab, or bold font on the word MENS inside sticker?

EDIT: I stand corrected, my 2012 military blues from foot locker have same tabs and stickers.

Attachments

• 1EB90853-566D-4F17-8562-A1054D781C59.jpeg
    1EB90853-566D-4F17-8562-A1054D781C59.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 779A1E4B-ECDB-48AE-9734-DFC8E073670F.jpeg
    779A1E4B-ECDB-48AE-9734-DFC8E073670F.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 4
  • 350BF002-C1B4-4CDC-8398-5A9C4B4E2FED.jpeg
    350BF002-C1B4-4CDC-8398-5A9C4B4E2FED.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 21BBA29D-B973-40F9-B97F-566FA331A161.jpeg
    21BBA29D-B973-40F9-B97F-566FA331A161.jpeg