Brian Grant diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease

Former NBA star and Suns player Brian Grant has come forward with news that he has been diagnosed with young onset Parkinson's disease.

Grant, 37, talked about the diagnosis in an interview with ESPN the Magazine. ESPN's "Outside the Lines" also will air a feature on Grant at 6 a.m. on Sunday. Fans can follow Grant's battle at www.briangrant.org.

Grant was a star power forward in the NBA for about a decade and finished his playing career with the Suns. A knee condition and a short rotation limited Grant, a genuine, popular teammate who was affectionately known as "Daddy," to 21 appearances in 2005-06. His health forced him to retire in the summer of 2006 but his contract was moved to Boston as part of the trade in which Phoenix drafted Rajon Rondo for Boston. The ESPN article mentions that former Suns teammate Pat Burke was one of the first people Grant confided in that he had Parkinson's.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/53519

Grant was a star power forward in the NBA for about a decade

indifferent.gif

but best wishes to him and his family

he had some good years in Portland and Miami, but I best remember him for that monster contract that killed the Lakers for 2 seasons

Dude was sure paid like a superstar power forward. But either way I hope he manages to stay up, he always seemed like a good dude, and hustled his $#! off onthe court even though I was never a fan of his.

When you hear stories like this, you are quickly reminded that athletes aren't invincible

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

When you hear stories like this, you are quickly reminded that athletes aren't invincible

that's sad news, didn't like him(his contract) on the Lakers, but off court he was a good guy

frown.gif

Pretty shocking when I saw this on ESPN. Parkinson's Disease is no joke.

It hurts watching someone suffer through this for so long and must hurt even more to go through it.

And for him to have it at that age too.

damn at 37?
damn man its really seeming like this disease is hitting younger people earlier and earlier...

my grand ma (mom side) and my grand pa (pop side) both had parkinsons
and trust me its a disease that can inhibit you verry badly

I was watchin on tv that they found a way to stop the shaking.

prayers go out to him because I know first hand what parkinsons can do.

Back
Top Bottom