Bring back the legends game to all star weekend

I know im not the only one thinking this but there is a lot of good NBA all stars doing the rounds on commentating at the moment and it would be good to seethem on the floor again for a game.

Guys like Steve Smith, Robert Horry, Jamal Mash, C.Webb, LJ still look to be in shape on TV. With guys like Shaq and Kidd due to retire soon I reckon thereis gonna be a group of guys in their early 40s that still got game.

Throw in some of the dream team legends and you got a fairly decent all star game, guys like Alonzo Morning and David Robinson, Karl Malone would alwaysstay in shape and I reckon it would be good to see them guys match up for one game in the all star weekend.

i dont wanna see a serious injury to a legend just to entertain the fans

i would be interesting though

^^

why would it be a serious injury when these guys play ball year around, just cause u retire from the L , doesnt mean they stop playing

yeah as i said most of these guys still play its not like they are 80 yrs old ! I know guys in their early 40s that still got game. The NBA season is 82 gamesonce you hit mid 30 thats gonna take it toal.

Hell no. I hate the Legends game even more than the crap with the WNBA players. I don't want to see some of the greatest players ever making a mockery ofthemselves.

Originally Posted by JD617

Hell no. I hate the Legends game even more than the crap with the WNBA players. I don't want to see some of the greatest players ever making a mockery of themselves.

I don't think any takes it that serious. Its suppose to be in the name of fun and most of the guys playing and the fans watching took it that way...

...except Michael Jordan. He'd probably train year-round to show everybody else up
laugh.gif

I don't want to see some of the greatest players ever making a mockery of themselves.

I dont see this being the case unless you roll out the likes of Barkley and fat Nique who have clearly made a show of themselves in the pastwith cameos at all star weekend.
I knew someone would start highlighting names and its gonna always be the type of cra p said about the legends game,"O Robert Horry he's only got 7 rings he not a legend" well its more about guys who are too old to play in the NBA and who were stars once inthe NBA. Your not gonna get an entire dream team of players so why not make it respectable and have guys who have recently retired put on a show?

Originally Posted by irishbaz

Guys like Steve Smith, Robert Horry, Jamal Mash, C.Webb, LJ still look to be in shape on TV. With guys like Shaq and Kidd due to retire soon I reckon there is gonna be a group of guys in their early 40s that still got game.
I haven't seen him in awhile, but i find that hard to believe considering dude was getting big towards the end of his career. Unless your nottalking about Grandmama.

I don't want to see some of the greatest players ever making a mockery of themselves.

I dont see this being the case unless you roll out the likes of Barkley and fat Nique who have clearly made a show of themselves in the past with cameos at all star weekend.
I knew someone would start highlighting names and its gonna always be the type of cra p said about the legends game, "O Robert Horry he's only got 7 rings he not a legend" well its more about guys who are too old to play in the NBA and who were stars once in the NBA. Your not gonna get an entire dream team of players so why not make it respectable and have guys who have recently retired put on a show?

Because theres a reason theyre retired.......... they cant play anymore.

Whos interested in seeing 40 and 50 yr olds walk around in a half court game and airball shots?
sick.gif

yeah as i said most of these guys still play its not like they are 80 yrs old ! I know guys in their early 40s that still got game. The NBA season is 82 games once you hit mid 30 thats gonna take it toal.

I enjoyed watching the Legends Game when it was still part of All-Star Weekend back in the early 1990s. But as already stated in this thread, it wasdiscontinued due to frequent injuries (I clearly remember Dave Bing blowing his knee out). It's hard to argue against that reason, so I doubt the NBA willbring it back.

Personally, I wish they would get rid of the Celebrity Game and the Team Shooting Contest (w/ the WNBA player and the Retired NBA player). Also, the DunkContest was better with 8 contestants.

Back
Top Bottom