Broke with a job lol

Can any of you relate to having a job and still always being broke? I'm 19 I work at this local supermarket that pays me $7.50 an hr. The most I ever get is $140 dollar checks and I'm always broke cause just when I feel like Im gonna stack uninterrupted some neccessary expenditure pops up that leaves me down again. I never get past $400 lmao its a joke. And you know I don't get fresh either. But I found this job on craigslist paying eleven an hour and the ad said fax your resume and I did no response yet should I call? And also its a jewish doctor's office and I'm African they can definitely tell from my last name on the resume think I'll get hired or nah?

I still don't get it how is there a ratio between your posts and your screen name? That doesn't make sense to me.

This realy belongs in TAN... I ONLY GET paID 7.27 AND AM A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT SO UNLESS UR NOT COMING OUT OF COLLEGE DEBT FREE THAN/THEN YOU shouldn't be complaining..ur 19 and hopefully in college.. if not then u should be in college or trade or technical colllege to make a better living and use thatvlow paying wage as motivation

Last edited:
Yeah from what I've observed it seems everyone is dead broke for a minute at some point
Helps you with money management down the line. If I were you, I'd sit on that $400 and open a high interest savings account sometime soon. Use that money to start a Roth IRA (small, but will profit you buckets by the time you're 40.)

Itspart of life man..just save your paychecks you dont have to get fresh like that just keep.your gear clean and be creative with your fits switch em up....but SAVE your money if.your.checks are 140..take 30 to spend put 80 in savings and the rest in a Rainy day account get into the habit now..

@op are you goin to school this fall?

Itspart of life man..just save your paychecks you dont have to get fresh like that just keep.your gear clean and be creative with your fits switch em up....but SAVE your money if.your.checks are 140..take 30 to spend put 80 in savings and the rest in a Rainy day account get into the habit now..

Of course I'm about to start attending Brooklyn College for my last two years of school entering my junior year end of August.

People think I'm crazy BUT. When this happens. I quit my job. I feel if I'm working and I have no money what's the point of working. After about a month or so of NO income, I realize the things that are important financially and where I been WASTING my money. Keep your head up B

Pay your bills up months in advance.
This way when you get your check every week you dont have to split it with the bills you owe.
This will give you a chance to stack money up.

You dont have bills but yet you cant save any money?
Now Im really lost.
Where does all your money go? That's probably the first thing you need to figure out

Can any of you relate to having a job and still always being broke? I'm 19 I work at this local supermarket that pays me $7.50 an hr. The most I ever get is $140 dollar checks and I'm always broke cause just when I feel like Im gonna stack uninterrupted some neccessary expenditure pops up that leaves me down again. I never get past $400 lmao its a joke. And you know I don't get fresh either. But I found this job on craigslist paying eleven an hour and the ad said fax your resume and I did no response yet should I call? And also its a jewish doctor's office and I'm African they can definitely tell from my last name on the resume think I'll get hired or nah?

Yea, there's definitely better jobs out there, buddy. At your age I'm sure you have some experience.

I still don't get it how is there a ratio between your posts and your screen name? That doesn't make sense to me.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom