Broken or Fractured Ankle question... Vol. People with knowledge

I messed it up horribly today playing b-ball, it is swollen at this point. I can walk but I can't put that much pressure on it. So I am assuming it is not technically broken, possible fracture?

--- I am about to roll to the ER, waiting on my sister to drive an hour to get here. Are they going to put me in cast? I really don't want to do the whole crutches thing, is there any alternative? Like the boot looking thinking or is that after the cast?

Advise : Never wear Jordan III playing ball.

First time being injured this badly.
smh.gif

Sounds like a sprain. You'll probably get a splint and yeah *crutches* suck but you don't want to mess around with ankle injuries.

Originally Posted by HigherGround

I messed it up horribly today playing b-ball, it is swollen at this point. I can walk but I can't put that much pressure on it. So I am assuming it is not technically broken, possible fracture?

--- I am about to roll to the ER, waiting on my sister to drive an hour to get here. Are they going to put me in cast? I really don't want to do the whole crunch thing, is there any alternative? Like the boot looking thinking or is that after the cast?

Advise : Never wear Jordan III playing ball.

First time being injured this badly.
smh.gif
nestle-crunch.jpg

First of all if you aren't treating the swelling it'll get worse.

Rest
Ice 15 min then
Compression (heat)15 min
Elevation

Take some ibuprofen as well.

Did you hear any pops or cracks? I fell to the right with my right foot planted and fractured my talus. In a cast for 5 weeks, little bit of atrophy but fully recovered. Definitely get an X-Ray and/or MRI to confirm.

Can you move it? did you feel your ankle snap?? if you can rotate your foot fully then it's probably not fractured or broken.. but if you can't, it's probably broken or fractured

yeah its prolly a sprain. if you can walk on it... its not that serious.

just keep your foot elevated while rotating the ice bags and you'll be as good as new in a week or so.

edit: even if you felt a snap or crack it could still just be a sprain. i sprained mine about a year ago and went to the doctors and the doc said that it can pop and crack just like the knuckles in you hands and fingers... so dont get too worried.

man dont mess with it, rest up and ice it till you get to the doctors. i sprinaed mine landing on a foot, then just tied my shoes tighter and played in pain and i slowly ripped a ligament/tendon, dont remember which but i was in a soft cast, then a boot and then had to slowly get back my strength...horrible. but if youre walking then you should be fine, i couldnt walk on mine afterwards

It might be a severe sprain or it could be a fracture as well but the only way to tell for sure is to get x-rays done. If its broken you will most likely be put in a cast and have to use crutches. The doctor may even advise you to still use crutches even if its a sprain and not a fracture. Once again it depends upon the severity of the injury.

Originally Posted by bohrdom

did you at least get the ankle insurance?
every pair of kobe4's comes with ankle insurance.

if u can walk it then its just a sprain.

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

Originally Posted by lol

Originally Posted by bohrdom

did you at least get the ankle insurance?
every pair of kobe4's comes with ankle insurance.

if u can walk it then its just a sprain.
Beats by the Dre
grin.gif
You can get it at the,
"Toyserus" or dojo usher or something like that

if you can walk on it, then it probably aint broken. When I broke my ankle playing ball someone undercut me and then proceeded to land on top of my ankle. I heard it pop and knew I had broken it. Honestly I would just ice it and see if it gets any better or worse. That and I would also drink more sprite.. sounds like you got crossed or dunked on

Back
Top Bottom