Brooklyn Nets official thread: 20-21 season

BIG spotlight on Nash. You can make the argument that he was ok with the team relatively healthy last year, then KD went down and nothing was the same.

I pretty sure David Duke Jr. was promised a roster spot, we'll see who they sign for a big. The pickings are slim :lol:

And that's that. Welcome back, 7.

Time to sign a big now. There are quite a few decent guys still out there.

Tbh, this type of turmoil can actually propel these guys to having a good season.

Because there's nothing like having open, honest, and direct conversations in a long term relationship.

The spotlight is all on Nash and Marks moving forward.
Whiteside, they need to kick the tires on Whiteside

Y'all THINK KD pulled this HUGE BS move to ensure Kyrie gets what he wanted ??? Supposedly that was discussed at that meeting.

just wonderin

Clax abut to have the best season of anyone on the squad too, BET THAT

gotcha, makes sense to me

along those lines isnt it gonna be hella awkward playin for the guy he asked to be fired if they wanted him to stay ?

that locker room on the 1st day, wow :rofl:

WINNING does cure all though

Kd and those post game pressers, good lawd !!!

I like that. Kieff a so called goon and is one of the things BKN sorely needs. A defensive big is the other. Oh, and a traditional point to play backup is another need.

Somebody like a Jeff Teague or something. Rondo is still out there but I'm not sure how his personality would mix with the 2 stars.

they had this all planned, cmon now....

"The one guy with the Nets that Kevin Durant had remained in communication with, from everything I've been told, was Kyrie Irving," per @ShamsCharania

by any means necessary i guess

Great to see everyone being honest and open today.

I get annoyed that these reporters never ask the questions that everybody wants to know though:

1. Hey Kevin, did you really request for Steve and Sean to be fired? And if so, how is your relationship with both of those guys today?
2. Hey Kyrie/Kevin, what level is your friendship at after the events of this off-season?

Everybody kind of danced around both those topics and I really wish someone would have just asked directly since everyone was so willing to answer the tough questions this afternoon.

All of the players look to be in phenomenal shape and ready to go. Especially Clax and Kessler.

Imo the roster still needs a true center. But we'll see what happens as the season goes.

Meghan Triplett seems to be a decent addition as the new sideline reporter.

So NBATV has blacked out the game but the Yankees are playing on YES.

Meanwhile YES2 isn't even broadcasting at all.

And YES plans to show the game on delay at 11p. :stoneface:

This franchise just can't ever get **** right. |l

:lol: I watched on the YES app. But yeah it ridiculous sometimes. But about the game...

first quarter defense - bad. second quarter defense - good. didn't care for the second half but I like Yuta and Sumner. Morris can stretch the floor and Sharpe's hustle is much needed.

Ben looks to be the same player he was in Philly and that's ok. but the FT's still need work

I really appreciated that breakdown K krazy88s bc I don't really watch preseason games but was interested to know how Ben is meshing with the team.

I was able to catch a little of the replay early this am on NBATV and so far so good.

Didn't realize the Nets got the punk *** Morris twin who tried to son Joker and got laid out instead. :smh:

I personally thought Morris got what he was looking for but since he's now a Net, he'll get my support. :lol:

Also, I still think the roster isn't as balanced as it should be.

Way too many wings, not enough bigs (as in centers), and not enough playmakers (as in ballhandlers).

Good defensive bodies everywhere though.

that's the main thing fans are saying. "where's the bigs?!" last year they had no wings, so they load up on it this year. 2021 when they lost to the Bucks, they had no bigs and no defense so they load up on that lol

I wouldn't put it past the Nets to go with the team as is. if so the bigs are Clax, Sharpe, Morris and sometimes Ben

I think most of the league are wings who can shoot, so maybe they're trying to match

You were correct K krazy88s . Marks made no additional moves. So this will be the roster for the near future.

The team is already down Joe and Seth. TJ too, if I'm not mistaken. So roster depth will be tested immediately.

How do you guys feel about Ben? I'm on my "support, not slander" mentality with him. :pimp:

This team is so unpredictable. They could either implode by the All Star break or finish top 4 in the east.

Tbh, I can see both happening. :lol:

They underperform by the break, Nash gets fired, and the team immediately goes on a long win streak to crack the top 4. :lol:

Yeah I mean the league is now wings who can do a little of everything.

I have no real worries about the team right now.

I liked the new offense and the defensive scheme, where they actually stop switch everything no matter what. It's a breathe of fresh air.

Ben needs to be a tad more aggressive and look to score. And Kyrie looks a LOT more locked in than last year.

Also Day'Ron Sharpe, Royce and Yuta Watananbe has been a revelation :pimp:

I know there aren't many Nets fans on this board but I'll still be in here posting and doing my best to keep the thread relevant.

Pelicans will be a great first test. Let's go!

Pathetic.

Nets showed very little effort last night. KD played like *** from tip. He just looked completely disengaged to start the game.

Kyrie showed a lot of hustle on defense early but he also played uninterested at points.

I'm not absolving Ben at all but tbh, he was the least of my concerns. I'm not going to turn this into a Westbrook situation and pin everything on him.

Nash's seat is hot and not bc I say so. But unless I see a better effort next game, it'll be bc Kyrie/KD are saying so with their play.

I'll still be around. :pimp:

yeah the "Fire Nash" talks have grown deafening. Even from those who once supported him.

Teams that have absolutely overpowering 4s and 5s will give the Nets headaches. I'm not too surprised at this game.

Kyrie STUNK. And Ben lol. He fouled out in consecutive games.

KD had 3 turnovers before he scored 1 point. Just an overall bad first quarter that they never recovered from.

Night and day. :pimp:

Kyrie was out there hustling and balling. Loved his energy tonight.

Clax faded in the 4th but was ultra aggressive all game.

KD with that dagger 3. And Royce has been a great glue guy. He does a little of everything.

Ben should be full steam by the 40th game or so. He was also super aggressive tonight and I can see him getting more comfortable by the game. Very nice win. :pimp:

This team will be Jekyll and Hyde all season. The defense was just atrocious.

And the Nets have the exact same problem as last season: poor rebounding in key moments, poor perimeter defense, and a lack of personnel to properly match-up down low.

Ben Simmons in the post is NOT a long term solution. He's getting abused and isn't capable of guarding guys like Adams and Zion/Jonas.. Yet somehow the announcers are questioning why is he always fouling out. :lol:

I understand that people don't like Ben for whatever reason. But be fair in your analysis of him. :smh:

At least 2 of his fouls were bull****.

It's too late for it now but the Nets should've had Ben start the season by coming off the bench until he was fully ready.

And then the expectation for him should be a Draymond Green role. View KD as your Steph and Kyrie as your Klay. Nash has to get that iso **** outta here for that to happen though. But I don't think KI or KD are willing to run and cut without the ball at this stage of their careers.

As for the game, foul calls last night were an embarrassment. Nets aren't getting any respect from the refs or other players in the league (I saw some rookie just straight up shove Ben out of bounds 2 games ago). Team has to play hard and actually earn that respect. No whining or crying. Just go out and hoop.

Nets folded like a wet paper bag in OT. :lol:

Good game, good effort. But it's the same story as last year (and the same story ever since Nash arrived): POOR DEFENSE.

I've been a Nash supporter from day 1. But even I can say that the team's defensive principles aren't tight. And some of that falls on the coach.

You see glimpses of the potential greatness this team has. And I believe once Ben gets it together, they will be a force.

Unfortunately, in the interim, the rest of the league isn't going to give them a pass. Nets are food for any big time scorer right now. :ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom