Bruce Bowen Retires

Bruce Bowen is the ultimate "Love him on your team...hate em on another team" type player. I sawhim at Riverpark in Fresno after he won the last championship with the Spurs, and nobody came up to him or even seemed to care he was there...and Fresno is hishometown. Ricky Manning seems to get more love than him in Fresno and they went to the same H.S. (albeit different years).

Thanks for everything Bruce.

He epitomize everything about Spurs basketball during his time.

I always thought that during his prime years he gave us a big 4 but that's my opinion.

Go Spurs Go

EDIT: Thanks I knew I had the wrong word

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

He optimize everything about Spurs basketball during his time.

I always thought that during his prime years he gave us a big 4 but that's my opinion.

Go Spurs Go
I think you mean epitomize.

I'm still furious that he undercut Vince Carter and made him injure his ankle. He won't be missed.

Originally Posted by SaltineWarrior

Go Spurs Go

I'm still furious that he undercut Vince Carter and made him injure his ankle. He won't be missed.

Vince Carter = overrated bum. He might as well hurt both ankles.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Go Spurs Go

laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some ofthe things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

He'll be back to sign with a team before the season ends, word to PJ Brown.
doubt it, dudes offensive game is gone. he barely had an offensive game but what little was left is now gone and his defense aint that greatanymore.

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

^ I didn't know dude also did that Liu Kang kick in Miami. On a side note GP with hair in that pic
eek.gif
. I thought dude stayed with the baldy back when he was throwing lobs to the Reignman.
Haha I remember when GP rocked that hair style. Seems like around that time a few guys who were bald most of there careers had the same style.Vince Carter had it and I know there was a bunch of others who did it too.

Gonna Miss HEB comercials...

Just like iceman aid on their championship video, "when you got a guy who all they want to do is stop people, you got a weapon man."

Much respect.

Go Spurs Go

laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some of the things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.
laugh.gif
Elite Player. Hes decent. Not a complete bum, but I thinkmost people have his flashy dunking mistaken for being elite. He's not a complete player. Not even close bro.

Not a fan at all of Edward Scissor Hand.

Spurs slowly are fading. 1st Bruce Bowen.

Next Tim Duncan. He's also on the decline and doesn't have that many good years left in him.

never liked him, but can't deny the fact that if he were on my team i'd appreciate him for the defense

Go Spurs Go

laugh.gif
Overrated. He was an elite player for a while. Some of the things said in Sports and Training are ridiculous. Bowen did the same thing to Ray Allen as well.
laugh.gif
Elite Player. Hes decent. Not a complete bum, but I think most people have his flashy dunking mistaken for being elite. He's not a complete player. Not even close bro.

word...vince carter is an incredible athlete but he relies on it too much...he hasnt adjusted his game to fit his age since he has lost a bounce or two...withthat said he cant defend...he doesnt have a good back to the basket game and the most importantly he quits on his team...he still has a lot to learn and workon to become an elite player...vince is not an elite player...i cant believe some people were saying he was a better player than kobe in the early2000s
laugh.gif

I would want him on my team, but you can't look at plays like that wally kick and tell me he was a clean player. That is obviously intentional.

Man...

Bruce used to give my squad so much grief. I respect him for how he got into the league. He worked for everything he had and if you can't respect that,then you don't respect anything IMO.

He will be missed...

But a part of me none the less is glad he is gone!

Back
Top Bottom