Brutal Cat Killings in Miami area

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/1056523.html

Don't think this was posted yet. This is actually around my area, I gotta admit it's a lil creepy.

Posted on Tue, May. 19, 2009
Brutal cat killings trouble South Miami-Dade neighborhoods

BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH AND HOWARD COHEN
jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

Along a quiet street in Cutler Bay, neighbors awoke last week to a startling discovery: mutilated cats left on display in the yards of family homes. Someskinned, others sliced across the stomach -- the bodies were left like talismans in some horror movie.
In all, city officials and police say, there have been about 20 cats reported found maimed and killed in Cutler Bay and Palmetto Bay. Miami-Dade police, withthe assistance of the county's animal services, are investigating the mystery but have made no arrests.

''We take a very dim view of this,'' said Detective Bobby Williams, a Miami-Dade police spokesman. ``We find it very disturbing an individualwould do something like this to defenseless animals.''

''We're looking into whether or not these cases are linked,'' he said.

The rash of cat deaths, first reported last week, prompted Palmetto Bay Mayor Eugene Flinn to issue this warning on Monday: ``Residents should keep their catsinside their homes until it has been determined who or what has caused these deaths and there is no longer a threat to the feline population of thevillage.''

On Tuesday, the Humane Society of the United States announced a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in what they said were``serial cat killings.''

''This is particularly gruesome and egregious,'' said Jennifer Hobgood, the organization's Florida director. 'If you speak to theinvestigator, the phrase he used is that the cats are being left like `little trophies.' ''

A police report from a woman who found two cats in her yard in the 19700 block of Whispering Pines Road describes two mutilated cats: ``Both were sliced openand one was posed.''

Such was the case for Chris Quarles, whose 11-year-old cat Jack was found dead last week. A Miami-Dade school counselor, Quarles said it seems as though thekillings were methodical.

''He was skinned from the belly all the way down and had cut marks on his back leg,'' he said.

``The police said some cats were missing up to a week and then showed up back at their [owner's] house dismembered and killed. Somebody is thinking aboutwhat he's doing.''

His cat was found dead Thursday, within a day of about 10 cats being found in the same neighborhood.

Said Cutler Bay Mayor Paul Vrooman: 'There are human victims in this and families' hearts are broken and they are going through grief as their pets arebeing killed.''

The scene was similar in Palmetto Bay, where Alicia Glatzer's husband found the body of one of the family's cats, Sarah, in the yard.

Part of her face was missing, her belly had been skinned and her intestines spilled onto the grass. Though it seemed unlikely, they thought the cat had beenstruck by a car. Then they heard news reports about the injuries inflicted on other cats nearby.

''We have two other cats,'' Alicia Glatzer said. ``My concern is every day when I walk out whether I'll find another dead catoutside.''

Barbara Wiesinger, 68, said she found the bodies of several cats in her Cutler Bay neighborhood before finding her 15-year-old calico, named Cami, a few housesaway. Gone was part of the cat's face.

''Your mind can't wrap around the why of it, or even the how,'' she said. ``How did they get them and what are they going to donow.''

Cliff's:
20+ cats found dead, mutilated, nailed to fences, gutted, skinned etc in same neighborhood.
I think that's too many for one person. There may be...no I won't do it.

They should catch the bastard ASAP, sick $%*@% like that are just that, sick. Only a matter of time till he moves on to human victims.
smh.gif

eek.gif
There are some real sick people in this world....hope who ever did thisgets caught!

Mangudai, ya got some explaining to do.

But seriously, I hope they catch that sicko. People who do this kind of stuff to animals sicken me. To do this kind of thing to a cat who obviously can'tdefend themselve is terrible

Originally Posted by miamin2

But seriously, I hope they catch that sicko. People who do this kind of stuff to animals sicken me. To do this kind of thing to a cat who obviously can't defend themselve is terrible
is doing it to a human being worse/better?

Originally Posted by ericberry14

But seriously, I hope they catch that sicko. People who do this kind of stuff to animals sicken me. To do this kind of thing to a cat who obviously can't defend themselve is terrible
worse. Its just nasty all around.

btw, whats the deal on the summit, did it go down monday?

They need to find whoever did that and skin them, slice them across the stomach. Those cats didn't do anything!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ericberry14

worse. Its just nasty all around.

btw, whats the deal on the summit, did it go down monday?
no it didnt go down...

the mods killed all hope for that summit when they moved the thread to the regional forums
laugh.gif

but i still think we can have one that will work, we just gotta plan the damn thing out... it cant be that hard

Pick a place
Pick a time
People bring food
people cook food
we enjoy the day

maybe ill try again in a week or so

yeah I completely forgot about the summit, if you have it at Wing Stop I'll go. Only places where you pay for yourself, I consider all of NT dine-and-dashcandidates until proven otherwise.

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

they should send him to jail... like they did michael vick

how do you know it was a guy? hmmmm?

Back
Top Bottom