Buffalo store was offering 60 cents on the dollar:{

www.citynews.ca/news/news_15735.aspx
Quote:
Think you're getting a great deal? Think again!

Consumer's Association of Canada President Bruce Cran is warning Canadian shoppers to change their loonies for greenbacks before crossing the border.

Shoppers have been flocking to the United States since the Canadian dollar achieved parity. Everything from underwear to luxury cars seems to be cheaper in Buffalo (or Rochester or Detroit).

However, some store owners are looking for their slice of Canadian pie - at the expense of the exchange rate. .Cran says that one Buffalo store was offering 60 cents on the dollar, and he's heard complaints from other shoppers :smh:
smh.gif

yea i heard about this on the radio this morning. smh.
i always exchange my money at my local TD first before going to the states anyways though. makes more sense to pay in US currency even though they are practically worth the same.

Quote:
yea i heard about this on the radio this morning. smh.
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

I was just down in Buffalo this weekend and there was still a few stores that still had the us dollar worth more then the Canadian.

I heard on the radio that the store can set the exchange rate at what ever they want.

Back
Top Bottom