Buisness Casual...

whats your interpretation?...khakis/slacks, dress shirt, no tie is mineis this under dressing for a work convention/seminar/party?

bus cas is usually slacks with button up for me. you can throw on a sweater/cardigan too. i stick to single cuffs as french cuffs would make the look too formal. khakis and a button on friday's are okay.

I don't think that's underdressing - that's exactly what I would wear.

More than that leans towards smart business IMO.

after seeing illmaticsoulchild's avy im not even sure what this thread is about anymore, nor do i care

polo + khakis/slacks + dress shoes/loafers (spring/summer)

or

button-up and/or sweater + khakis/slacks + dress shoes (fall/winter)

at my work which is business casual, what you said (khakis/slacks and a button up) is great.

I go with a polo/slacks/dress shoes - all year long. If it's cold, I'll throw on a fleece.

I take business casual as meaning a suit isn’t necessary.
In my profession, business casual = suit with no tie
laugh.gif

I was going to mention this too, but, like you mentioned, this is the case in very few industries. It also varies by institution within an industry.

I hate working for business casual companies because the definition varies from firm to firm and industry to industry.

Business casual at a law firm is different than business casual at a tech start up.

In my profession, business casual = suit with no tie
laugh.gif
However, for most people business casual = dress shirt and slacks. Throw on a blazer when it gets chilly outside.
You can get away with a polo and khakis in some professions.

Back
Top Bottom