Bulls get Salmons and Miller for Gooden and Nocioni

ESPN.com

Check this page often for updates. Refresh and scroll down to see all entries.

POSTED: Feb. 19 -- 1:17 p.m. ET

Marc Stein: Word is coming in that the Knicks are closing in on some new players.

It is not immediately clear if this would be two separate trades or a three-way exchange, but I'm hearing that Oklahoma City's Chris Wilcox -- who wentback to the Thunder on Wednesday night when the Tyson Chandler trade was rescinded -- and Chicago's Larry Hughes are New York-bound.

To complete the transaction(s), Oklahoma City would get Malik Rose and Chicago would receive Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

ESPN.com

Check this page often for updates. Refresh and scroll down to see all entries.

POSTED: Feb. 19 -- 1:17 p.m. ET

Marc Stein: Word is coming in that the Knicks are closing in on some new players.

It is not immediately clear if this would be two separate trades or a three-way exchange, but I'm hearing that Oklahoma City's Chris Wilcox -- who went back to the Thunder on Wednesday night when the Tyson Chandler trade was rescinded -- and Chicago's Larry Hughes are New York-bound.

To complete the transaction(s), Oklahoma City would get Malik Rose and Chicago would receive Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson.

WHAT THE
9321564f7e8555a2e0954efbe680638a02fd4f7.gif
MAN?!?!?!?!??!!!!!!

1 Step forward...

2 STEPS BACK...
smh.gif

somebody give me the contract breakdowns, before I give myself a migraine

Jerome James

$6,200,000

$6,600,000

$0

$0

$0
Tim Thomas

$6,049,400

$6,466,600

$0

$0

$0

thats for this year and next after that they off the books

Originally Posted by Gregory House

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Well...rck2 is pissed, so maybe Paxson knows what he's doing....maybe....a little.
The only thing from saying that you guys got an absolute steal is that I'm not sure how Salmon's will fit in. The only reason why his numbers are so good this year is because Kevin Martin was out the majority of the year, so Salmon's was our #1 option and he was primarily a gunner, meaning he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Brad Miller is whatever
laugh.gif

I just hate that the kings are trying to shed bad contracts/salaries and we take Nocioni's clown #$$
smh.gif
I think it's an alright trade for us(the Kings) I mean we shed salary for THIS years free agent market. Let's be real, would LeBron, Bosh, or Wade come to Sacramento?

Also Nocioni can contribute, hopefully. With some cap space hopefully we can steal Marvin Williams from the Hawks.
laugh.gif
i never expect the kings to sign a big name free agent, always dumb little (big contract signings) like Beno, Brad Miller, Salmons, Reef,Mikki Moore
smh.gif

What I don't get is if we're throwing around dumb contracts like that why not try to make an attractive offer for a big name player like Amare oranybody.
The more I mull over it I think Nocioni could be good for us, I just don't really like his contract.

Larry was getting what again?

I sincerely do not like dealing with them on any level. I hate them just as much as I hate UNC (well maybe a level lower but still)

I feel like somehow someway we're getting shafted in this, not sure how yet.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I sincerely do not like dealing with them on any level. I hate them just as much as I hate UNC (well maybe a level lower but still)

[table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Larry Hughes[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$12,827,676[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$13,655,268[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
best believe larry is getting that paper for this year and next
laugh.gif

I agree with ever single word. i feel like Walsh just took us

So basically what just happened was we got rid of a guard and acquired two players with some size (one who only plays when he wants to and the other
smh.gif
)

because we're shelling out the same amount of chop. Only potential silver lining is that it is easier to move a player making 6 compared to one making12/13...

:sighs: Still feel sometype of way about this. We got G'd in this somehow.
smh.gif

So basically what just happened was we got rid of a guard and acquired two players with some size (one who only plays when he wants to and the other
smh.gif
)

because we're shelling out the same amount of chop. Only potential silver lining is that it is easier to move a player making 6 compared to one making 12/13...

:sighs: Still feel sometype of way about this. We got G'd in this somehow.
smh.gif
yea i feel you
ohwell.gif
im tryin to find out were it was but itsnot like we didnt need big's and like you said they can be moved waaaaaaaaaaay better then somebody making that much but when the deals are out ill kno ifwe got crossed over or we did the crossing and i think its a 3 for 1 but that one other dude is making less then a mil a year for this and next year...........

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

The Knicks and Bulls are discussing a trade for Larry Hughes with the Knicks offering Malik Rose's expiring contract. Another player, perhaps Jerome James, would have to be sent to Chicago to make the deal work. Hughes' contract runs through the 2009-2010 season.
Nate Robinson might be included in the deal and David Lee's name has been mentioned as well. Lee's inclusion would mean Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah, whose game Donnie Walsh likes, would be sent to New York.

The Knick front office is split on whether to retain Lee as a restricted free-agent this summer. Some feel he has already hit his ceiling.
I don't want anything to do with these vagina's. Not trying to aide them in anyway, shape, form, or fashion.
smh.gif
Cake at it again

laugh.gif
Got me dying over here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This clitoris Donnie is cleaning house... wholesale like. I don't like it at all.

No, Not At All
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why my dude Donnie gotta be called a {()} though?
smh.gif

Cake on some %%*% again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

The Knicks and Bulls are discussing a trade for Larry Hughes with the Knicks offering Malik Rose's expiring contract. Another player, perhaps Jerome James, would have to be sent to Chicago to make the deal work. Hughes' contract runs through the 2009-2010 season.
Nate Robinson might be included in the deal and David Lee's name has been mentioned as well. Lee's inclusion would mean Tyrus Thomas or Joakim Noah, whose game Donnie Walsh likes, would be sent to New York.

The Knick front office is split on whether to retain Lee as a restricted free-agent this summer. Some feel he has already hit his ceiling.
I don't want anything to do with these vagina's. Not trying to aide them in anyway, shape, form, or fashion.
smh.gif
Cake at it again

laugh.gif
Got me dying over here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This clitoris Donnie is cleaning house... wholesale like. I don't like it at all.

No, Not At All
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif

Cake on some %%*% again.
laugh.gif

You wanna know why??? I'll tell you why... Because the New York Knicks as a WHOLE is one big vagina, and he happens to be the one at the center of it all,responsible for the reaction ala a clitoris. He was cool when he was in Phx, but now he's with them and he's aiding them (only 1 person got a pass foraiding a team I hated and thats KG because I just can't bring myself to dislike him ever. CRIB Ftw!!!)

I don't like them
smh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

smh.gif
Cake at it again

laugh.gif
Got me dying over here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

No, Not At All
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

smh.gif

Cake on some %%*% again.
laugh.gif

You wanna know why??? I'll tell you why... Because the New York Knicks as a WHOLE is one big vagina, and he happens to be the one at the center of it all, responsible for the reaction ala a clitoris. He was cool when he was in Phx, but now he's with them and he's aiding them (only 1 person got a pass for aiding a team I hated and thats KG because I just can't bring myself to dislike him ever. CRIB Ftw!!!)

I don't like them
smh.gif
this _ had a reason and meaning behide it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

from realgm:

ESPN's Marc Stein is reporting that the Oklahoma City Thunder have acquired Bulls' guard Thabo Sefolosha.

The Thunder will send one of their five stockpiled first-round picks in the next two drafts to the Bulls in return.

pimp.gif

OKC

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Kings are reeeeeaally stupid for this...Salmons is so much better than both of those players

Shut up. We don't need salmons were trying to dump salary in order to start all over again...

Salmons was a black hole in a team that needed team players. He was constantly frustrated with his role, whether on the bench or starting. Whenever he waspaired up with another scorer, he would crawl into a little space. There was a reason Iverson gave him a certain nickname. I hope Salmons likes coming off thebench behind Deng or Gordon.

Originally Posted by pkballr

Salmons was a black hole in a team that needed team players. He was constantly frustrated with his role, whether on the bench or starting. Whenever he was paired up with another scorer, he would crawl into a little space. There was a reason Iverson gave him a certain nickname. I hope Salmons likes coming off the bench behind Deng or Gordon.
wat was it
nerd.gif

now im a little bit happy we got another draft pic now and we got rid of another guard...

heres the current roster i believe

from Wikipedia

Deng, Luol
Gordon, Ben
Gray, Aaron
Hinrich, Kirk
Hunter, Lindsey
James, Jerome
Noah, Joakim
Miller, Brad
Roberson, Anthony
Rose, Derrick
Salmons, John
Thomas, Tim
Thomas, Tyrus

Originally Posted by CasperJr

this _ had a reason and meaning behide it
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Of course I did G... Pax got rid of Thabo???... I can dig it!!!! MmmmmmHmmmm...

Now package that pick, BG, and JJ to someone for someone of value at the end of the season since the deadline has come and gone.

Originally Posted by Mw2889

Pax got rid of Thabo?

These past two days have been awesome.
Thabo has honestly one of the worst jumpers i have ever seen. That !!#@ is a line drive! I will give him credit on his d, though, very gooddefender.

Back
Top Bottom