Bulls offseason Thread

Friedell confirmed.....
Rose, Pau, and Kirk all out for tonight's game. They should've included Jimmy in there too, looked like he hurt that shoulder again last night.

Looks like Taj will be out a while. Sucks big time, hopefully Mirotic will continue to improve in his increased minutes.

I knew we were probably going to lose but damn these last two games have sucked to watch :lol:

(off topic post, don't know where to put it)

I need help. I seem to play in an old-school style when it comes to competitions and pickup games. I normally do handchecks and first steps like this:

I got called travelling, for like, 4 times yesterday. What should I do? lmao

/offtopic

^
:rofl: :rofl:

Seems like you adopted Lebrons crab dribble into your repertoire.

But on a more serious note I believe your biggest problem is that you're either putting your foot down on the second step before the ball touches the floor or you might be leaving your pivot foot without a single dribble.
In those MJ clips you'll notice how he'll take the first step (right foot) but the ball will touch the floor before his pivot (left foot) does. So maybe you might want to analyze your first step and see if your actually taking two steps without dribbling the ball.

Also if your one of those guys who likes to take 50 half steps while keeping your pivot planted....u might want to stop doing that. Refs will get tired of seeing that and will eventually call you out on your pivot foot sliding or moving (happens in my league all the time).

Hand checks is a totally different beast. I won't even do it anymore, I usually just get low and always try to keep one forearm on my defender. I'll just play that Mookie Blaylock D and stay up on my defender, I rely on my team mates to call out the screens so that I roll under the screens.

Last edited:
^
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seems like you adopted Lebrons crab dribble into your repertoire.

But on a more serious note I believe your biggest problem is that you're either putting your foot down on the second step before the ball touches the floor or you might be leaving your pivot foot without a single dribble.
In those MJ clips you'll notice how he'll take the first step (right foot) but the ball will touch the floor before his pivot (left foot) does. So maybe you might want to analyze your first step and see if your actually taking two steps without dribbling the ball.

Also if your one of those guys who likes to take 50 half steps while keeping your pivot planted....u might want to stop doing that. Refs will get tired of seeing that and will eventually call you out on your pivot foot sliding or moving (happens in my league all the time).

Hand checks is a totally different beast. I won't even do it anymore, I usually just get low and always try to keep one forearm on my defender. I'll just play that Mookie Blaylock D and stay up on my defender, I rely on my team mates to call out the screens so that I roll under the screens.
Yeah, I should analyse my step. I'll try to change and adjust it before our next game.

I'll just keep my distance and put my hands up when I play D. Picked up 5 fouls in my last game, good thing i didn't pick up the last one.

Thanks for the tips man. Repped. 
pimp.gif

Sup guys. The last 2 games have been painful to watch but I'm really happy for Miro. Hoping for another huge night from him.

Lol I remember the outrage of the idea of Jimmy getting 11 or 12 a yr.

Jimmy's getting more than 12, guys

First off good win....got real close at the end but glad we pulled it off :nthat:

Jimmy bet on himself and he's winning.
In an ideal world everyone gets paid, but unfortunately things don't always work out like that.

I look at this team as a whole. I don't think a lot of you realize the intricacies of a salary cap. It makes things especially difficult when the cap fluctuates, so you kinda have to set aside money for everyone, and hope that everyone is content.
Obviously Rose is top dog, and then you have JO.
You have to appreciate the bargain deals we have with Taj and Pau (8 & 7 mill respectively).
Then take into account Jimmy's past and production and remind yourself that it is his contract year so he is expected to ball out.

Did I think he is worth more than 12 per.....no I didnt, and knowing Reinsdorf I'm not sure if hes willing to go into the lux tax for him.
Don't forget were over the cap already, so any moves they make will come with a hefty price tag for the upcoming season.

Last edited:
^basically, what you're saying is that Jimmy is going to be too expensive to keep.

I hope you're wrong. Cuz that means then we're just going to go back to *****ing about how there's no 2 guard, like we did during the Bogan and Brewer days

Last edited:
thinks to self all the comments i recieved when I said Jimmy Butler was the SG of the future just give him time, or when I said pay him now and not suffer later..... all coming to fruition

his stats improved across the board every year how did you not see this coming, folks wanted a instant star :smh:

Last edited:
thinks to self all the comments i recieved when I said Jimmy Butler was the SG of the future just give him time, or when I said pay him now and not suffer later..... all coming to fruition

his stats improved across the board every year how did you not see this coming, folks wanted a instant star :smh:

You would tell me every damn day. I Gotta admit you're right. Kid has blossomed into the SG we need, dramatic improvement offensively from 12 ppg to 22-23... Impressed with him driving to the lane as well...

FO gotta be sitting together with some smug faces, time to pay up.

If we dont pay Jimmy i can see Thibs' snapping :lol:.

He dude has earned it, pay that man!

Pay is playing great too. Mirotic needs to continue to take advantage of these minutes hes getting. Doug on the other hand.....

^:lol: For a second I thought Jimmy was weirded out by the boos...like...wtf, they're booing me? He stopped being aggressive for a few minutes but picked it up again.

I hate that clown Nene!

Which brings up an interesting topic. I had this discussion with a co-worker, and wanted to see how you guys felt.

Personally I'm highly disappointed with the FO for not addressing our lack of goons. Like we really need someone who likes to mix it up. We've had great defensive units, who hustle and play hard, and get under people's skin, but we lack that certified goon who will put hands on someone who steps out of line.

idk you can probably count on one hand the goons left in the league. We got a pretty no nonsense squad of dudes who dont get tested even Kirk & Dunleavy wont back down. Between Noah Taj Nazzy even rose and Jimmy you dont see players get in there face. WE RESPECTED OUT HERE

That Nene incident was isolated and he aint a goon they knew we were weak and they punked us. Healthy they wont try it except for pierce because he old school but we know thats a empty threat.

I hate that clown Nene!

Which brings up an interesting topic. I had this discussion with a co-worker, and wanted to see how you guys felt.

Personally I'm highly disappointed with the FO for not addressing our lack of goons. Like we really need someone who likes to mix it up. We've had great defensive units, who hustle and play hard, and get under people's skin, but we lack that certified goon who will put hands on someone who steps out of line.

Normally, I'd be with you on Nene but he's earned my respect off the court after surviving cancer.

I wished he was still here for gooning purposes.

The Bulls have had a long history of great goons too: Sloan, Oak, Ed Nealy, Levingston (to a degree), Cartwright (just based on threatening to break MJ's legs), Nocioni...

Last edited:
^
Repped brotha.

Kurt was solid for us. I like that list you put up there :nthat:

Overall the NBA doesn't have the quality of goons from the past but a guy who puts the team first and is never afraid to stand up for his teammates and get his hands dirty is always appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom