Burner, CJ, AD, and MJD Watch - Competiting Early

Turner - 9 carries, 111 yards
CJ - 8 carries, 69 yards, 1 TD
Peterson - 9 carries, 58 yards, 1 TD
MJD - 12 carries, 88 yards, 1 TD

Go to work, fellas! These boys running wild quick. You could argue all 4 players carry their teams.

Who's the best RB this season??

Jinx thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Cedric Benson......oh thats just what the stats say....pay me no mind
The stats say what?

Chris Johnson - 144 for 959 (6.7) and 6 scores
Ced Benson - 198 for 837 (4.2) and 6 scores
Steven Jackson - 165 for 784 (4.8 ) and 1 score
Adrian Peterson - 164 for 784 (4.8 ) and 9 scores
DeAngelo Williams - 149 for 768 (5.2) and 7 scores
MJD - 145 for 737 (5.1) and 11 scores
Burner - 156 for 720 (4.6) and 10 scores

Then add in what these guys are doing today while Ced is struggling to get going...

See anything interesting there? I'm as big a Ced Benson supporter as anybody on here, and he's putting together a very good year, but stats sure ashell don't say he's the best RB in the league this year... Probably not even Top 5.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The stats say what?

Chris Johnson - 144 for 959 (6.7) and 6 scores
Ced Benson - 198 for 837 (4.2) and 6 scores
Steven Jackson - 165 for 784 (4.
glasses.gif
and 1 score
Adrian Peterson - 164 for 784 (4.
glasses.gif
and 9 scores
DeAngelo Williams - 149 for 768 (5.2) and 7 scores
MJD - 145 for 737 (5.1) and 11 scores
Burner - 156 for 720 (4.6) and 10 scores

Then add in what these guys are doing today while Ced is struggling to get going...

See anything interesting there? I'm as big a Ced Benson supporter as anybody on here, and he's putting together a very good year, but stats sure as hell don't say he's the best RB in the league this year... Probably not even Top 5.
uhh i think its pretty clear that CJ is having the best season thus far.

just look at his YPC... 6.7
eek.gif
sick.gif

a full 1.5 yds ahead of the next closest guy...

Stats don't say that Ced is the top running back in the league. Don't start the extreme homer stuff on this board the Bengals fans that have beenaround on this board don't act like this.

Serious question: Vince Young gets credit for making the Titans competitive in recent weeks but why has he thrown 20 times while CJ only has 15 carries with103 yards already? I know a lot of those throws are checkdowns/short passes to CJ himself but if I'm the TEN OC I give CJ the ball at least 25 times agame. Maybe they wouldn't be 2-6 if they went that route.

You guys are right I left out Beast Jackson and Ronnie Brown. Brown makes that offense go - he's got 11/73/1 in the third quarter. Beast with 21/116/1. NOwith a bit of a letdown game and Brees making uncharacteristic mistakes.

There should be no debate, Chris Johnson is the best/most versatile running back in the NFL. I see no flaws in his game at all. Peterson gets way too muchlove, he don't do nearly as much as the rest of those guys mentioned.

chris johnson is leaps and bounds better than any rb in the league....his stint wont last 5 seasons but boy is it fun

Back
Top Bottom