Burning bridges....

Has anyone here ever done that? How did it pan out?

That is a permanent decision and a path I might take. Move and lose all contact with everyone but two or three people

Last edited:
if they didn't do anything to do you & your just jealous of them its not worth it

ive kinda burned bridges with my cousins..them ****** neglected me for a while lol **** em

Last edited:
if they didn't do anything to do you & your just jealous of them its not worth it

ive kinda burned bridges with my cousins..them ****** neglected me for a while lol **** em

"Friends" - I try to hang out and last minute they always change. Say they will call me back to do something later, but never do. The bridge has already been burned as far as I am concerned.
Family - Reasons I won't put on the internet, but I hate a good portion of them. So much so that I am ashamed to be part of their culture. That ish ends with me. It won't happen in my household.
Chicago - Everywhere I turn I am reminded of everything I want to leave. If the city blew up as I touched foot in NYC I couldn't care less...

there's a saying that people come and go in your life. I'm not telling you to keep everyone in your life, but don't actively pursue this route of "downsizing" your crowd; the time will come when you have to meet that decision's outcome on your end, regardless of where you end up moving to. I don't ever see my interpersonal relationships as permanent, they are always in transition.

Maybe you need a few more people than 2 or 3, consider seeing the positives in people. You might miss out on something that you would appreciate. Focus your energy on growing as a better person and not as someone who retreats from a former existence.

Last edited:
"I love e'rybody, don't ask 'bout who I beef with
They burned the bridge but they was standin underneath it"

there's a saying that people come and go in your life. I'm not telling you to keep everyone in your life, but don't actively pursue this route of "downsizing" your crowd; the time will come when you have to meet that decision's outcome on your end, regardless of where you end up moving to. I don't ever see my interpersonal relationships as permanent, they are always in transition.

Maybe you need a few more people than 2 or 3, consider seeing the positives in people. You might miss out on something that you would appreciate. Focus your energy on growing as a better person and not as someone who retreats from a former existence.
Repped. i also forgot to say that I am just not the person I want to be. I fantasize about burning my old life and starting over. Someplace where no one knows me and my old identity is lost in translation.

Where I am now. There is no way I will be where I want to be in less than 5 years. Even moving to NYC is a pipe dream due to my 6 figure student loan. I would have to live at my Aunt and Uncle's for 3-4 Years giving most of my salary away to Sallie Mae to even climb out of debt with reasonable enough payments to START my life. By then I will be 28.

when i opened the front door this morning i literally thought to myself "i cant wait to leave this place and never come back"
That is my morning EVERY morning. No exceptions. NOT ONE!

Last edited:
If you haven't held yourself accountable for things that have happened to or around you and plan on running from it by doing this I wish you the best of luck. Because if you haven't developed as an individual no move or escape is gonna save you.

If you really are just ready to move on and start fresh etc then :pimp:. Do what you have to do to enhance and fulfill your life.

Just my opinion because obviously have no idea where you are from and what you have been through.

i never burn bridges, you never know how many times you have to cross that same river.

Depends, some relationships are just toxic.

I know while I occasionally talk to certain cats back home in NY, I'll never honestly go out of my way to see these dudes. Not because I don't care, it's because really they don't. Some dudes are just miserable that want you to be miserable with them.

Take some time to think about it and weed out the toxic people from your life. At the end of the day you have to look out for you.

It is amazing how many things you learn in life if you just allow yourself to learn them. Especially when concerning relationships with people.

If you haven't held yourself accountable for things that have happened to or around you and plan on running from it by doing this I wish you the best of luck. Because if you haven't developed as an individual no move or escape is gonna save you.

If you really are just ready to move on and start fresh etc then :pimp:. Do what you have to do to enhance and fulfill your life.

Just my opinion because obviously have no idea where you are from and what you have been through.

I want to start fresh but I hold myself accountable for everything that has happened to me, even if it was under terrible guidance (like going to college when I really couldnt afford it). I want to start over clean, but there are things I have to clean up before I do that. But I dont intend to run away from my problems if that makes any sense

Last edited:
naw b dont do that
yea

theres no reason to burn bridges, if you grow apart from people, and you guys just never hit each other up then thats how it goes

but to just ignore people, and cut em off, its not necessary unless they are doing something illegal. . . . . .and even then sometimes you need a roughneck in the crew

Why new york tho?
Because I visited and fell in love. As a kid I always saw myself headed towards The Bay.

NYC has all these "free" events paid for by the city. So even with no cash there is always something to do
24 hour transport is too nice. 1:00 AM is a decent time to START going out. Even if it isn't ideal.
Tall buildings everywhere. It just gives me the feeling that I belong there. That I could conquer the world if I put my mind to it. (although I prefer Chicago's architecture to NYCs)
Easy to meet people. Met a lot of people in my visit almost by accident. It is literally that easy. Walked by a crew who liked what I was wearing and struck a 1 hour conversation with no awkwardness between us like I have been hanging out with them my entire life.
Even tho I love that Cali sunshine, fall is my favorite season fashionwise so I guess being somewhere with SOME cold isnt bad

I've cut off a couple people. I always hear that, "be nice to everyone cause you never know when you'll need them" BS, but it don't matter to me honestly. Some people just bring me down and I feel better off without them. Plus, a few people aren't gonna stop me from getting where I wanna be.

If you're talking about starting a new chapter of your life and settling your debt, the most expensive city in the country seems like a poor match. You]d be better off maybe moving somewhere Dallas and paying $500 a month rent to live in a real human sized house or apartment rent while you pay your loans back and visit NYC a few times a yr

Because I visited and fell in love. As a kid I always saw myself headed towards The Bay.

NYC has all these "free" events paid for by the city. So even with no cash there is always something to do
24 hour transport is too nice. 1:00 AM is a decent time to START going out. Even if it isn't ideal.
Tall buildings everywhere. It just gives me the feeling that I belong there. That I could conquer the world if I put my mind to it. (although I prefer Chicago's architecture to NYCs)
Easy to meet people. Met a lot of people in my visit almost by accident. It is literally that easy. Walked by a crew who liked what I was wearing and struck a 1 hour conversation with no awkwardness between us like I have been hanging out with them my entire life.
Even tho I love that Cali sunshine, fall is my favorite season fashionwise so I guess being somewhere with SOME cold isnt bad
I was born and raised here in NYC so I always find it interesting to listen to someones reasoning for wanting to visit or live here.

You not lying about them free events. Prospect Park in the summer is the place to be.

My advice to you is to do what you feel you need to do. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Can't make the decision if you're dead.

I've burned bridges with people I really liked and was cool with but got along fine without them. In the long run you won't really care.

Oh and bide your time and stack that paper cuz these rent prices are no joke.

P.S. spring>fall

So salty every time NYC is brought up. Wanted to visit since I was 4. 14 years later and still haven't visited.

Those feels.

It's where I see myself. Copped some big *** NYC posters today on allposters.com for 3 buck.

So salty every time NYC is brought up. Wanted to visit since I was 4. 14 years later and still haven't visited.

Those feels.

It's where I see myself. Copped some big *** NYC posters today on allposters.com for 3 buck.

Coming from NY, I gotta say.......

It's expensive and overrated. I know way too many heads that are complacent and happy living at their mom's house well into their 20s and they justify it because they live in NY.

Back
Top Bottom