Buy or Lease A Car (Or buying/leasing in general)

Buying vs Leasing

• Buy

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Lease

Votes: 18 51.4%

• Total voters
I know people who got stoppers installed and you just click the turn signal bar a certain way and it turns it on and off. So you can have it count like 700 miles a month then turn it off for the other 1000 you put on that month

This you, "honest abe"

hamster-wheel-15.gif

I don’t think u getting what I’m saying. If I lease a car from your dealership in 2010, return it in 2013 and turn the miles back prior to returning it how would u know? If I never bring it to the dealership for oil changes/tire rotations u will never see the vehicle in between me buying and returning it. There will never be a way u would know regardless, it isn’t the dealership doing it, it’s the customer and they not gonna tell u. Even tho some B lots do it too I know for a fact. But it may only be here in Michigan. Either that or I guess if u not looking for something it wouldn’t come across your radar.

Yeah, it's not here. I've had a lot of contacts in the automotive sector at many dealers. No one has said this is a thing in our area. Even if you don't take it to a dealer for maintenance, and have some 3rd party do it (Jiffy lube, Tires Plus, Firestone, etc) that will show on the CarFax. CarFax isn't a dealer only thing. It's hooked up to a heck of a lot of maintenance shops.

Plus, let's say a leased car with 30K on it, in a 36K mile lease "is" done like you said, back to 4-digit miles. Going to be very hard to hide 30K worth of wear and tear on a car that shows 1/3 the miles. This isn't a thing on cars.

And before you say not everyone has a place do maintenance, yeah over 75% do take it somewhere. Every customer I leased a vehicle to, had a shop do maintenance. Very few people so their own stuff. The exception to the rule are car people. Most normal folks either A, don't have the knowledge or time, and B, a place to do it (i.e. jack it up, tools, etc) and C, are just too preoccupied with daily like to bother.

U would be surprised bro. Just like it’s a whole different device some people use not as much these days but the speedometer don’t even move and it doesn’t count the miles. But take it from me personally. I got a oil change place they don’t put **** in the cpu and change the oil etc I throw him 10 bucks and he solid. My boy who is a dealer says the dealer/banks want u to turn them ****s back. It’s easier to sell the car. That’s why b lots do it themselves.

Do you oil change at Walmart bro, on a lease . They don’t record miles. You guys trying to hard to debunk what’s actually going on like me and another random dude who don’t know each other trying to tell you guys from our experience the **** is legit :lol:

the hell I need to lie on here for. Could careless. Saw my dude mentioned same **** I know people do and dealerships do and backed it up with my 2 cents and people still think it ain’t possible

dealerships don’t give 2 craps, being in the car without damage, under miles, and tires with some tread then they look the other way. They ain’t inspecting the engine bay, the shocks, the damn flux capicitor, etc

U would be surprised bro. Just like it’s a whole different device some people use not as much these days but the speedometer don’t even move and it doesn’t count the miles. But take it from me personally. I got a oil change place they don’t put **** in the cpu and change the oil etc I throw him 10 bucks and he solid. My boy who is a dealer says the dealer/banks want u to turn them ****s back. It’s easier to sell the car. That’s why b lots do it themselves.

There is a big difference when the word "dealer" is used. There is a dealer who owns a factory authorized franchise (Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc) and a dealer who has a little used lot somewhere. The big name brand franchise won't ever be caught doing this as they have WAY too much to lose (money, employees jobs, etc) by doing something stupid like this.

The little used lots, yeah, they can (and have done) illegal things (you always hear about small corner lots not paying off peoples loans on trade-ins, and those customers getting letters from lenders about their old car they thought was taken care of). Yet that dealer after pocketing the $$$ closed up shop in the night and is long gone, as those shops have very few employees. Stories like this happen a lot with those small independent places.

So if someone wants to try to do this odo crap, yeah it won't be a large reputable dealer..

Do you oil change at Walmart bro, on a lease . They don’t record miles. You guys trying to hard to debunk what’s actually going on like me and another random dude who don’t know each other trying to tell you guys from our experience the **** is legit :lol:

the hell I need to lie on here for. Could careless. Saw my dude mentioned same **** I know people do and dealerships do and backed it up with my 2 cents and people still think it ain’t possible

dealerships don’t give 2 craps, being in the car without damage, under miles, and tires with some tread then they look the other way. They ain’t inspecting the engine bay, the shocks, the damn flux capicitor, etc

I never once said that you lied bud. But you make it out like I got my head in the sand and it happens everywhere under peoples noses. Some salespeople are frankly robots controlled by the manager on the floor. That wasn't me as I started well before computers were used and the start of internet sales. So had it been going on in our shop, I'd have seen it. But again we were a factory franchise. There isn't a dealer in the country who owns a factory franchise who would risk it all on rolling back mileages. If there is, they have more issues than this to worry about.

Damn even the dealers be in on it?

I, to this day, don’t understand why anyone would lease car. In Texas, I can’t speak for anywhere else, if you decide to buy the car, you pay taxes on it twice. Limited mileage? You out here with a prepaid whip?? Even on maintenance you can get an extended warranty for anywhere between 1300 to 3000, that’s the same effect AND you own the car in the end.
So a couple things with this post, first and foremost it’s your paying taxes twice statement. Yes you pay taxes twice but it equals the same amount or less. When you less you only pay taxes on the depreciation value so if you decide to purchase the car after lease is up you pay taxes on the remainder. So even if you pay taxes twice in the same vehicle the over all amount is the same

Another thing to consider is you are looking at it like “ you own the car when you buy” while others look at it like” I own a depreciating asset”. If you are spending 40k on a car then sure buying makes sense , if you are spending 100k you should probably look at lease options.

I just don’t understand the “ I own it” mentality when all that means is you have something that is worth less and less everyday and will require more money into it year after year. I have owned cars for years and came to the conclusion that all they are is cash. I don’t care about owning or leasing I care about what is how much this asset is going to depreciate during my ownership and how do I spend the least amount of money during that time

Damn even the dealers be in on it?
I wouldn’t say be in on it, but they don’t give a ****. B lots/random used lots definitely do it. But dealers at dealerships don’t give a ****. My boy leased cars to people and they straight up tell him give me 10k a year imma roll em back anyway no need for more. If they got approved as it’s a sale that ain’t his problem, it’s the banks car afterward.

I wouldn’t say be in on it, but they don’t give a ****. B lots/random used lots definitely do it. But dealers at dealerships don’t give a ****. My boy leased cars to people and they straight up tell him give me 10k a year imma roll em back anyway no need for more. If they got approved as it’s a sale that ain’t his problem, it’s the banks car afterward.

Most leases at franchise dealers are done by the credit branch of the actual manufacturer. Very few banks do car leases anymore for normal cars (yes there are bank leases for exotics and high line). But the best leases are done by the brand's credit branch. So the cars that come back get sold by the brand at a dealer only auction (only same brand dealers can buy).

Most leases at franchise dealers are done by the credit branch of the actual manufacturer. Very few banks do car leases anymore for normal cars (yes there are bank leases for exotics and high line). But the best leases are done by the brand's credit branch. So the cars that come back get sold by the brand at a dealer only auction (only same brand dealers can buy).
In this instance. Chrysler capital and ally.... they don’t check for ****. They inspect the outside, inside write down mileage and go.

I mean I guess cool. But That’s the vibe here. Motor city, we ride da hemi and American. That or top trim beamers/benzes. I didn’t know people drove Honda’s/Hyundai/vw until I joined NT.

Back
Top Bottom