Buying a car from the Internet. HELP PLZ!!!

okay so im getting a car. i look on vehix. and pick my car. i email her and she said this:

"From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $5,000.00. The final price that I want for this car is $2,900.00 including shipping and handling.
I will not negotiate the price. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are really interested in buying the car, to be sure that I don't waste my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the serious intentions. So if you are interested please e-mail me back for more details about the transaction.

I then wrote

I was wondering if my father and I can come over and get a test drive? I live in Pembroke Pines and I am willing to drive to you to check out the car. I was expecting a phone call, but email was fine.

She wrote

The car is in Loveland, CO and I'll ship it to you with no problem (my x-husband works for DAS and the shipping costs will be very, very low for me to any address in US). I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. As I'm very busy with my job and I`m out of town, I can't meet you in person, so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the Internet. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you want with the car. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment details from eBay so that I can pick up the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car.
If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info (complete name and full shipping address) so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

So my question is... Is this how it is done via ebay? (secure payment, have 5 days to test drive.. etc)

If anybody bought from ebay motors. can you guys help me out?

thanks in advance

That sounds like a problem waiting to happen

I would recommend meetup and cash only. There is an option on ebay where you can search by distance so you can see what is available in your area

So according to this ebay motors thing, I can buy an M3, return it 5 days later saying I don't want it?

brb

^
laugh.gif

Yeah sounds fishy. just ask her when she comes back from outta town, you guys can meet up.

by making your post your gut instinct says keep it moving, so keep it moving

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

for you car heads would you recommend buying a used car oppose to a brand new car?

Wow, I couldn't have thought of a vaguer question.
indifferent.gif

lol I don't see how it was vague

a new car from the dealership or a used car frm a friend or something of that nature

thanks for all the help.

im going to give it another try and say this..

"Do you think you can make a private ebay auction?"

what do you guys think about this?

Not being able to see or test-drive a car before exchanging money is downright ludicrous.

Check craigslist for a car in your budget. BTW what was the car?

Originally Posted by AirAsianJordan

thanks for all the help.

dude..... what's wrong with you?
.... THERE IS NO CAR to be bought.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

thanks for all the help.

dude is funny

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

thanks for all the help.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

seriously..
and ya'll wonder why people get scammed for kicks?..

it's like they see a deal and all common sense goes out the window

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I don't even understand why dudes buy cars online...

why not just go to a car dealership??

Eh, because it's cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom