Buying a new laptop for college

What is a good laptop out these days. Dell? Does the hype for a mac pro lives up to it? What do people mostly use these days?
Feel free to leave some advice.

Depends on what you're using it for.

For every day usage, I'd say get something like a Dell. Newegg has 'em for cheap.

If you're going to college for graphic design by any chance, or any type of design for that matter, I'd do with a mac.

save yourself some money and get a desktop , preferably an eMachines desktop

I highly suggest a MacBook (or MacBook Pro if you have the loot
pimp.gif
), but wait until like August to cop. You also get a free iPod Nano/Touch/credit towards aniPod Classic when you purchase one from Apple during the back-to-school season.

I got a black Macbook it's great. Everything I need in a computer and just the right size.

It fits easy into my book bag too which is a plus and the battery last forever so I don't need to carry around the power cord.

Plenty of speed and very very easy to use, I never owned a mac and in 2 days I felt like I knew how to do almost everything on this computer.

I like it better than the Pro because it was cheaper and I don't think the average person needs the "extra" features in the Pro. AND I used astudent discount at the Mac store to buy it, which just makes me like it that much better,

If you can afford a mac, go that direction.... otherwise, go dell, toshiba, or lenovo.

you can get a thinkpad for a very good price right now. it all depends on how much you can spend though.

If you're going to get a Mac, I wouldn't get the Pro unless you need it. PCs are so much cheaper, so I'd say to go in that direction.

I couldn't mess with a mac (i need my right click) so i got a hp. Told they were the best windows based laptops. Butunless you're not going to be bringign it around and scared of it getting stolen, get a desktop.

The free iPod Touch with a Macbook actually starts now I think? Or really soon, like within the week.

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

The free iPod Touch with a Macbook actually starts now I think? Or really soon, like within the week.
it started already i believe, 8GB touch or nano
Originally Posted by damnitzvin

anyone care to explain to the difference of a mac pro and a reg mac
mac pros are towers that start at 2799

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Toshiba laptops.

Aren't Toshiba's some of the worst out there?

That's why I deliberately misspell Toshiba by adding in an extra "T." My friend has a Toshiba that crapped out on him a few months ago.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

anyone care to explain to the difference of a mac pro and a reg mac
mac pros are towers that start at 2799

that didnt explain anything sir

a mac pro is the heavyweight desktop mac, in tower form. it is the most powerful, hence why it is most expensive. for most people, it is total overkill andare better off getting a "regular" mac such as the laptops which include macbook or even a macbook pro for heavier use. other desktop macs includethe imac (all in one) and mac mini (for lighter work).

Back
Top Bottom