Buying Jordans on release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is pickyourshoes? They give you free shipping but do they have the shoes the minute they come out? Thanks for the help everyone.

Originally Posted by zeru

So how is pickyourshoes? They give you free shipping but do they have the shoes the minute they come out? Thanks for the help everyone.
Sometimes they have them early but they never have a set time. They sometimes charge over retail though. So watch for that. Retail for retros is currently $160 and 11s are $180. And I believe the low top 11s that may release will be $135.

If you really want a particular shoe, don't rely on NT or anyone else's info, find out for yourself, call your local stores to see what time they open, and get there at the appropriate time.  

It's not brain surgery.  If the store opens at 8 a.m., and you think you should get there by 2 a.m., then you should.  Go with your gut, and don't forget the lawn chair.   

COPPING RETROS AS OF LATE HAS BEEN NO BIG DEAL AS I'M BEGINNING TO SEE INTEREST IN JORDANS STARTING TO DROP.

ONLY THE 11'S ARE COMMANDING REALLY BIG CROWDS NOW A DAYS.

FOR EVERYTHING ELSE JUST WAKE UP AND GO TO STORE WHEN THEY OPEN IN THE MORNING AND COP.

Originally Posted by canuhandle23

best bet is to roll to a mom and pop store the day of in the morning. You will be golden. After you buy 3 or 4 jordans from them on various release dates. You can then talk to owner and ask about pre orders, holding shoes to side..and various discounts etc

yep my early pickup shop normally calls me when they crack shipping boxes & can usually hold me a sz until i get there......

Every release over the past 2 years EXCEPT for the Cool Greys and the Concords I have been able to get online at midnight with no problem. That includes the White/Cement 3, True Blues, Bordeaux, and Playoff 13s. I stood in line one time ever for a release (Black/Varsity 6s) and there were like 5 people there.

It all just depends how much the hype is for a shoe. The Concord hype was off the charts obviously, hence the disgusting scenes we had all over the country. Now-a-days you have the resellers who don't care about the shoe, they just want the money, the Wiz Khalifa/Skinny pants/Snap back crew that just want them cause they are "in", and the group of people that actually want them to wear them.

You have Eastbay, Nike.com, and Finishline are my three go-to websites at midnight. A lot of people don't trust Finlishline because they "over sell", but they have never given me a problem.

Good luck.

I have just about 40 pairs(all retro ONE SPIZIKE) of J's 95% purchased Retail . The Arden mall In Sacramento somehow ALWAYS has ALOT of pairs per store. thats 7 Stores that had 200+ concords. You have to go as early as you can to guarantee your pair because THE CUTTING GAME ALWAYS HAPPENDS but cant if your 1-20 in line. Also i am fortunate to have an UNpopular size being 11.5-12. Every line ive stood in everyone ahead of me has had 8-10.5. Theres always an 11.5. They have never sold out since and ive been collecting 1999.. ( some shoes have been taken away
frown.gif
)

Originally Posted by zeru

How hard is it to buy jordans on release date? I'm talking about retro's in particular, the olympic midnight 6's, and the olympic 7's scheduled to come out later this year. I wear a size 7.5-8 do these sizes sell out fast? I would prefer to buy my jordans online then the store because it's just easier for me. How long does it take for pys to be sold out of shoes, footlocker, footaction, or finishline? Online and retail. I'm new to buying jordans, just got my first pair a few months ago and looking at the upcoming releases I can't wait to buy them.
lucky you. i'd have almost every pair i ever wanted if this was the case. once you start buying more jordans whether its online or in store you will notice those sizes sit for a while.. 

it all depends. where i live, metro detroit area, MI, you can pretty much get any Jordan on the RD if you get up early and hit the stores (aside from pretty much any XI release though).

7.5 - 8 usally sell not as quick as other size becuse the so close to GS...but that wouldn't stop a reseller trying to get their had on multi pair.

You guys are really lucky, i live in Denver Colorado and the hype is crazy!. The chicago 10s sold out the same day everyday by like 11 oclock and resellers on craigslist are tryin to sell for about $250 a pair ! thats ridiculous. And theres not many (if any) mom and pop shops around here.

Depends on your city and the level of demand. Also, it depends on the size of your mall in accordance to Jordan Brand. If they consider your mall to be small and not worth the while, they'll send a lot less pairs than they would send to a mall that they feel sells a lot of their product and is in an area with high demand. My mall received around 900 pairs of Concords, and they all sold out within the time of the line being fed. We have a high demand, and we receive a lot of pairs so as long as you get there in a good time and don't expect them to sit, most of the time you'll be okay around here. *knocks on wood* You'll know how to judge your city and malls etc. when you go out and see how it all is. You gotta see how deep the waters around you are. Welcome to NT. 
grin.gif

thanks for adding that bit lol
i live in ny so the closest mall to me would be queens center mall

The concords shouldnt even be compared... that was disgusting lol... also, some spots MAY get them early.. kinda like the yotd kds, but that doesnt usually happen with Js unless its a mom & pop of course. I've also had luck with some sites that carry recent retros, but dont always come to mind first like jimmy jazz. Good luck tho

if you use chrome as your browser, save your billing info into the browser. that's how i got the concords, chi 10s, and red foams.

oh yea i made a nike account and it saves your billing info too. it gives you free shipping as well on 100$+ orders. im a firefox orders but just for jordan ill use chrome for a bit.

The last couple releases, cats have been camping overnight and that rarely happens. The Jordan Brand is as strong as ever.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

The last couple releases, cats have been camping overnight and that rarely happens. The Jordan Brand is as strong as ever.
for real. anything jordan sells out in a day now.

It used to be quite easy in my area. Then the Concord situation occurred an resellers know the value of kicks and ruined the game here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom