Buying Jordans on release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it absolutely depends on the colorway, model and where you live.

The AJ X Chicagos got almost sold out on release date in a town of Germany,
because they were only available in a few Footlocker Stores.
Black Cement III were also very much soughted
AJ XI lows I.E. or any XIII retros how ever were not going so well here.

I think the last time I purchased an Air Jordan on a release date was the
OG AJ XII taxis.
I also purchased several pairs 1 or 2 weeks earlier than release dates
like the OG XIII black toes, AJ XVI black/reds or AJ XVII white/college blues.

Im new to El Paso TX and im wondering if you knew how hard it is to get J's on release date. I am intrested in getting the Raptor 7's on sep 1st.

Here in el pao Texas it's easy to get J's on release day. People here only like 11's and 3's.
Im new to El Paso TX and im wondering if you knew how hard it is to get J's on release date. I am intrested in getting the Raptor 7's on sep 1st

It depends on how hyped a shoe is, but, online, I'd say it varies from "the instant the shoes go up for sale" to "a couple hours." For instance; the White/Cement 4s that released earlier this year were immediately gone, meaning, the minute they became available, the site would read "unavailable" or "sold out" when you clicked on your size. Of course, not everyone got that message, but many did. Sometimes a website will freeze up due to the amount of traffic. Now, the "Kilroy" 9s that just dropped were still available 2 hrs after they went live. But a little bit after, they were sold out. So, it all varies, depending on hype. With retail, it varies from area to area, but most well-populated areas with internet and cable TVs and an abundance of teenagers will be sold out of any Retro Jordan release within a couple hrs. A few of the releases I went to this year were sold out instantly, meaning the people who showed up early were the only ones who scored. This goes double for QS or limited releases. It's very difficult to get a pair both online and at retail, but it's not impossible. Besides the Yeezy 2s, I've been able to get every single pair I've wanted, either online or at the store (mostly at the store), though I've had to show up several hours early for in-store, or be up and ready for the 8am release time online. As long as you prepare, you'll have a decent shot. Now that I think about it, I forgot that you said your size was 7.5 or 8. I imagine that's not as popular a size as, say, 10.5 or 11, but still, I think the rules apply to you too.  Retro J's go crazy fast, and it has more to do with resellers than anything, especially for guys with unpopular sizes. The resellers will buy whatever is available, regardless of if it's their size shoe or not, because they plan on selling it anyways, so as long as they get a pair and can cash in on the hype, they're good. So, do your research, be prepared, and you should be fine. Be prepared to pay a little extra for your pair if u strike out on copping on release day, unless u don't want to do that. I don't mind paying a little extra for something I really want, but to each his own. The best places to check, in my opinion, are Craigslist, but only if you feel comfortable meeting someone in person and know enough about whatever pair you're buying to be able to spot a fake. If not, eBay is also a good route. I've never bought from niketalk, but I imagine this is a solid place too, as long as you do your research on the person you're buying from and feel comfortable they're legit. Good luck to you on your future copping endeavors. Peace.

It depends on how hyped a shoe is, but, online, I'd say it varies from "the instant the shoes go up for sale" to "a couple hours." For instance; the White/Cement 4s that released earlier this year were immediately gone, meaning, the minute they became available, the site would read "unavailable" or "sold out" when you clicked on your size. Of course, not everyone got that message, but many did. Sometimes a website will freeze up due to the amount of traffic. Now, the "Kilroy" 9s that just dropped were still available 2 hrs after they went live. But a little bit after, they were sold out. So, it all varies, depending on hype. With retail, it varies from area to area, but most well-populated areas with internet and cable TVs and an abundance of teenagers will be sold out of any Retro Jordan release within a couple hrs. A few of the releases I went to this year were sold out instantly, meaning the people who showed up early were the only ones who scored. This goes double for QS or limited releases. It's very difficult to get a pair both online and at retail, but it's not impossible. Besides the Yeezy 2s, I've been able to get every single pair I've wanted, either online or at the store (mostly at the store), though I've had to show up several hours early for in-store, or be up and ready for the 8am release time online. As long as you prepare, you'll have a decent shot. Now that I think about it, I forgot that you said your size was 7.5 or 8. I imagine that's not as popular a size as, say, 10.5 or 11, but still, I think the rules apply to you too.  Retro J's go crazy fast, and it has more to do with resellers than anything, especially for guys with unpopular sizes. The resellers will buy whatever is available, regardless of if it's their size shoe or not, because they plan on selling it anyways, so as long as they get a pair and can cash in on the hype, they're good. So, do your research, be prepared, and you should be fine. Be prepared to pay a little extra for your pair if u strike out on copping on release day, unless u don't want to do that. I don't mind paying a little extra for something I really want, but to each his own. The best places to check, in my opinion, are Craigslist, but only if you feel comfortable meeting someone in person and know enough about whatever pair you're buying to be able to spot a fake. If not, eBay is also a good route. I've never bought from niketalk, but I imagine this is a solid place too, as long as you do your research on the person you're buying from and feel comfortable they're legit. Good luck to you on your future copping endeavors. Peace.
How difficult do you think it will be to get the bred 13's next february?

I would say about the same level as the Raptor and Olympic 7s.

The last pair of J's I purchased were the military blue IV's from 06' before I went off to college and I'm looking to buy the black Friday IV's this year. Does anyone have any early advice on how to go about getting these? I figure I'd check with the local footlocker/footaction the day before to see what time they open, and also check NDC at midnight if the stores open after 12am. I stay in LA and I used to be able to just head over to the local WSS or Footlocker right when they opened to get a pair, but over the years I've seen a lot of youngns camping out for shoes and I'm not sure if I gotta to those lengths. Thanks ahead guys!

will nike.com sell the oreo 5s coming out on the 29th? how do i find them too? do i just refresh the page or do i do something on twitter?

how bout the jordan 5 oreos size 8.5? do they sell retros on nike.com and where do i find them? do i go under basketball shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom