Buying "old" editions of textbooks.

I know alot of people on here are in college, so I felt like "threading" this. My hate goes out to all the publishers who come out with a new edition
every year just to make you buy the new edition, therefore, stopping you from copping the used (last years) edition on amazon for like 8 bucks + shipping. Youfeel me?

So I bought last years edition of my accounting and philosophy class textbooks on Amazon and saved myself $170.00.
You should do the same. Most of the text is exact word for word, but not in all cases.

And Chegg is not a good option if you actually want to keep the book for future reference so yea....

Anyone else do this?

Back when I went to college, I pretended that I worked at the bookstore. I just took the books I need from the stock room, and walked out. Sold them back atthe end of they year. BURRR BURR AYE OK!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

hmm sounds like a good idea. but I am prob gonna ask my professor first, unless they are in on the book hustle
mad.gif

Accounting book from last year was 192. I bought the old edition and paid 20 bucks..... it was the EXACT SAME book 2.

And Chegg is a great option regardless. My classmate bought a book she used for whole year for 200....and got zero back for it

She would've been better off renting from Chegg because she would've paid less than 1/2

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Accounting book from last year was 192. I bought the old edition and paid 20 bucks..... it was the EXACT SAME book 2.

And Chegg is a great option regardless. My classmate bought a book she used for whole year for 200....and got zero back for it

She would've been better off renting from Chegg because she would've paid less than 1/2
Yea I worded that wrong. I use Chegg too (it's great), but for all my classes that are required for my major, I like to buy the book so I canreuse it later on, or just refresh my memory.

yeah, I had a few editions where the only changes noticed were different covers i was pissed
there might have been some small changes but not enough to buy a whole new book

Originally Posted by BigShake

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

Yea I worded that wrong. I use Chegg too (it's great), but for all my classes that are required for my major, I like to buy the book so I can reuse it later on, or just refresh my memory.

I hope that you know that you can buy the book from Chegg in addition to renting.

Originally Posted by Danny Tanner

Back when I went to college, I pretended that I worked at the bookstore. I just took the books I need from the stock room, and walked out. Sold them back at the end of they year. BURRR BURR AYE OK!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats pretty ballsy!!!

Ima cosign with OP, often times there isnt much of a difference with the older edition(s)....Even the teachers would tell you how far back in editions youcould go without there being a difference....thats unless they wrote the book.

Back
Top Bottom