Buying with PayPal advice

Ive never purchased from a private seller before so ive only used my paypal for retailer transactions. Can any provide me with some advice when sending money to be safe from fraud/scams? Im buying something from a seller on ebay and paying through paypal and not ebay.

If it don't feel right, pull out. Online battles for refunds suck. With that said as a buyer PayPal will favor you but it's a long process.

The guy has great feedback on ebay and is a "top seller". I just want to make sure I make the right steps using paypal so my butt is covered in case something goes wrong. As of now he has sent me an invoice for the money.

The guy has great feedback on ebay and is a "top seller". I just want to make sure I make the right steps using paypal so my butt is covered in case something goes wrong. As of now he has sent me an invoice for the money.
You "should" be fine. I do that all the time to save money on eBay fees. If I were you I'd take his phone number just to make sure it's easy to communicate If anything happened

if its paypal and youre the buyer its all good unless you send as a gift (if you send as a gift pay with a credit card youll still be covered but in general avoid paying as gift)

they pretty much side with the buyer 99% of the time

OP is pretty smart, but OP's a child, and when it comes to the day of the purchase, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices.

Back
Top Bottom