Buying your own fireworks: Big waste of money, or biggest waste of money?

swendro

formerly swendro88
There are numerous free fireworks shows this time of year. All of them are way better than sitting in your driveway lighting fireworks 1 -2 minutes apart. You're basically paying money to light a fuse. It's pretty dumb if you think about it.

What say you, Niketalk?

dis cat i know spends like 600 on dem fireworks dat go up. just so everyone in da hood know he ballin

lighting the fireworks you can buy on the side of the road with your friends with lots of alcohol and ******* and food >

then again, sitting under the nightstars watching a quality fireworks show with #bae >>>

You must not live anywhere remotely close to a hood or any place that kids like to have fun. You mean, you actually go buy fireworks for the visuals at home?

Before the ban it was the most anticipated day of the summer. Hasn't been the same since :/ *tear*

And I can always watch strippers.

There are free fireworks shows. There are not free strip clubs. Strip clubs are a waste of money too though.

You must not live anywhere remotely close to a hood or any place that kids like to have fun. You mean, you actually go buy fireworks for the visuals at home?

I don't live in the hood, but people light fireworks where I live as well so I don't see why that matters.

And no, I don't buy fireworks. But what else is the appeal besides the visuals and the loud noise? Lighting the fuse yourself?

Last edited:
So is this thread.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
You must've not have had a childhood.

I was hyped when my mom came with them.

When I have my children,Ill do the same.

I get what youre saying,but naa.

Watching my kid, nieces, and nephew crowd around in anticipation.

Some boxes of those snappy things to play with during the day and a few boxes of sparklers at night are more than enough to keep kids happy.

Or watching my girl cower in fear because she thinks I'm about to throw a black cat at her.

This is the other thing though. I'm not exactly comfortable having these things in the hands of anybody. When I'm chilling by the lake tomorrow night I don't want to have to be looking over my shoulder making sure the neighbors are lighting their fireworks responsibly.

I had a pretty traumatic experience when I was younger of some guy tossing a box of bottle rockets into a fire (thinking the boxes were empty). Nobody got hurt, but ever since it's been discomforting knowing a lot of dumb ***** have their hands on these things.

Last edited:
firework shows are always wack as ****

with unwanted traffic and last about 15 to 20 minutes

popping fireworks with my overly excited nephew with other kids in the neighborhood >>>> that bull **** you talking about

suburban firework shows always attract the wrong types of crowds. no thanks ill buy my own and stay away.

So is it because of the traumatic experience that you don't like lighting fireworks yourself?

Watching my kid, nieces, and nephew crowd around in anticipation.

Some boxes of those snappy things to play with during the day and a few boxes of sparklers at night are more than enough to keep kids happy.

Or watching my girl cower in fear because she thinks I'm about to throw a black cat at her.

This is the other thing though. I'm not exactly comfortable having these things in the hands of anybody. When I'm chilling by the lake tomorrow night I don't want to have to be looking over my shoulder making sure the neighbors are lighting their fireworks responsibly.

I had a pretty traumatic experience when I was younger of some guy tossing a box of bottle rockets into a fire (thinking the boxes were empty). Nobody got hurt, but ever since it's been discomforting knowing a lot of dumb ***** have their hands on these things.

Setting off you own and getting creative like tying multiple Black Cats together, exploding bottles with M80's and rockets is 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom