"Buzz So Big I Could Probably Sell A Blank Disc"

[h1]Danger Mouse To Release Blank CD[/h1]
EMI has told Danger Mouse that his latest CD won't see the light of day due to "legal issues,"so he's responding by releasing the disc as a blank CD-R in a jewel case with art and liner notes. Fans can just download themusic off a P2P site and burn it to the CD-R.
Dark Night Of The Soul, a collaboration with rock group Sparklehorse, also features Iggy Pop and TheFlaming Lips, along with artwork by David Lynch.
It has already been streamed online, but Billboard magazine said a "legal dispute" with EMI derailed the project...
"Danger Mouse remains hugely proud of Dark Night of the Soul and hopes that people lucky enough to hear the music, by whatever means,are as excited by it as he is."

He added that the album, which comes with a limited edition, "100+ page book" of David Lynch photographs inspiredby the music "will now come with a blank, recordable CD-R".

"All copies will be clearly labelled: 'For Legal Reasons, enclosed CD-R contains no music. Use it as you will.'"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Pretty cool idea.

This could be smart..........or really stupid.

Edit:
The album is to feature a hand-numbered 100+ page book of photos taken by DavidLynch, said to be a visual narrative for the music.[sup][2][/sup]This book has been limited to 5000 copies.[sup][3]
smh.gif

[/sup]

pimp.gif

Thats david Lynch book is probably well worth the price of purchase....most likely copped.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Clever.

The funny thing is, I was actually thinking about this line earlier, like "what if somebody actually did this"
laugh.gif

Wow thats cool. i dont think i really know who dangermouse out side of a black album remix (right?) but i may support just cause its a great idea. Cam with allhis samples could do this.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Wow thats cool. i dont think i really know who dangermouse out side of a black album remix (right?) but i may support just cause its a great idea. Cam with all his samples could do this.
Hes the other half of Gnarls Barkley but that is a great idea for artist with sample based albums

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Wow thats cool. i dont think i really know who dangermouse out side of a black album remix (right?) but i may support just cause its a great idea. Cam with all his samples could do this.
Hes the other half of Gnarls Barkley but that is a great idea for artist with sample based albums
o alright.

Back
Top Bottom