Calif. Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old

RIP to the kid.

My parents always stressed to me about the dangers of toy guns, and I'm sure most of your parents did too. At age 13 we're past the age of reason, and knowing right from wrong. Cops are taught to shoot for the body, because the bullet usually won't exit, and to ensure safety of those around. Of course there's always exceptions, and in this case I know it was tough for the officers to do that. But I can tell you one thing, this will eat them up as long as they live.

God bless...i hope the story (as told is true) and not a cover up. thats a real looking gun.

At the end of the day a boy with a toy was killed for holding a toy.

How can a kid being a kid be the blame of his own death.

Yes that gun looks real as hell but where did that picture come from I tried to google search and found no source.

As a man can you honestly tell me if you see a child even with a real gun, you won't to kill them instead of shooting for the legs. yI couldn't shoot to kill a kid but maybe everyone just thinks differently. And miss me with the "protocol" cops break it all the time but it's only mentioned when it's in their favor

Bro...he's holding a gun that looks exactly like an AR. He was told to drop it and he didn't. All bets are off by then. I'm sorry. Police officer had to make a decision of who was going home to their family that night.

Also, these guys are trained to shoot at center mass. Aiming for the ring finger, toe, or leg is unrealistic.

*to mildly entertain your thought about shooting him in the leg, he could have very well died from bleeding out from the femoral artery.

:smh: Kid should have complied but at the same time, these cops act like deadly force is the only method. Shoot the kid in the leg or somethin.

smh at the cops not thinking to ricochet the bullet off multiple mailboxes allowing it to impact the toy AK at an angle perpendicular to where the cops were standing and knocking the gun out of his hands

According to an article I read it says that they yelled at him to drop the gun and his back was turned. He was turning towards them and they shot at him. More than likely he was seeing who was yelling at him and got froze, he is a kid after all.

smh at the cops not thinking to ricochet the bullet off multiple mailboxes allowing it to impact the toy AK at an angle perpendicular to where the cops were standing and knocking the gun out of his hands

All these bamas talkin' about shoot for the leg or the hand like cops are trained snipers :lol:

You shoot for the upper body since it's the biggest area and provides less chance of missing. Dudes try aiming for the hand, miss, and then what? You're gonna ask the perp to give you a 2nd chance to try again?

Maybe im naive but do rubber bullets not exist?
Did they try to talk him down?
Did he point the gun at the cops which caused the shots to be fired?

I normally can side with cops. Like when that dude in NY was waving a knife around and ran toward a cop and was shot dead. Like don't do that you are an idiot cop shot you...oh well maybe you shouldn't have ran at them with a knife.

But unless the kid was immediately threatening you or another person....death is extremely harsh. Bad situation all around RIP to the kid

According to an article I read it says that they yelled at him to drop the gun and his back was turned. He was turning towards them and they shot at him. More than likely he was seeing who was yelling at him and got froze, he is a kid after all.

An older man told the idiot kid to get rid of the gun before the cops arrived because he saw the cops headed the boys way. The idiot kid knew damn well who was calling.

View media item 627896
Real Ak on the left, the kids airsoft gun on the right. From the local paper.

Besides the color of the gun, they do not look alike, and a experienced Peace Officer would have been able to see the gun was fake. These officers were 20-30ft behind this kid when they shot him. The couldnt tell he was 13 year old?

A witness told police he heard a deputy call out twice: “Put the gun down,” Henry said.

Within seconds of calling for backup, one of the two deputies had fired several shots at Lopez, Henry said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20131023/articles/131029842#page=3

Within seconds, huh? It must of been the blue hoody he was wearing. :rolleyes

Last edited:

An older man told the idiot kid to get rid of the gun before the cops arrived because he saw the cops headed the boys way. The idiot kid knew damn well who was calling.

That's cool and all but chill with the disrespect.

He was a kid

Yall watch too much tv.

Shoot him in the leg, ha. They are saying several shots were fired at the kid. I'm sure that was becuz a few of those shots missed him. They are trained to aim at the largest mass of the body and still don't always hit the target so you think they are going to take a chance aiming at a leg of a person holding an "AK" not complying to their orders to drop it?

R.I.P. to the kid tho. Not sure what results he was looking for walking around with such a realistic toy and another in his waistband tho.

View media item 627896
Real Ak on the left, the kids airsoft gun on the right. From the local paper.

Besides the color of the gun, they do not look alike, and a experienced Peace Officer would have been able to see the gun was fake. These officers were 20-30ft behind this kid when they shot him. The couldnt tell he was 13 year old?

A witness told police he heard a deputy call out twice: “Put the gun down,” Henry said.

Within seconds of calling for backup, one of the two deputies had fired several shots at Lopez, Henry said.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20131023/articles/131029842#page=3

Not when the kid is turned AWAY from the officers. Who gives a F if he was 13, at that age youre old enough to know wrong from right.

Some of y'all are beyond slow :lol:
Why would a normal person use rubber bullets against a person with a fully automatic rifle? Also idk bout some of you but when I was 13 there were kids who looked like 18 year olds. Already 6'3'' and dunking and ****

Reachin'. At a distance no one can differentiate that ****, man who are you kidding?

THe toy gun is CLEARLY modeled after the ak.

mean.gif
 at people here thinking they could tell the difference between those two AK47s when the only experience they have with an AK is pressing b-4-2 as a terrorist in couterstrike 

Man why do they have to shoot to kill tho? Like I see how real that gun looks..and he didnt comply, but he was 13 son cmon. Not sure if I sound naive here but why not shoot him in the leg/arm if anything.

Man why do they have to shoot to kill tho? Like I see how real that gun looks..and he didnt comply, but he was 13 son cmon. Not sure if I sound naive here but why not shoot him in the leg/arm if anything.
Why do people keep reiterating this concept? 
laugh.gif

7 bullets and can't hit a target from 20 feet and you're a trained professional. No one is saying real life is halo but if you're gonna tell me you can't hit someone in the legs when you've got 7 tries at it then maybe you should be in the range more. missing the chest 7 times.... :x

We hold these professionals to the lowest standard with no regard for their actions.

No one remembers these same clowns agreeing with police who shot up a truck with two asian women inside of it because they suspected it was dorner. "They were scared of dorner " so that was the excuse to kill 2 women who obviously did not match a description of a black man inside of a car that did not match the description of his vehicle.

I say lets lower the standards for cops. Then maybe just one day, one day one of you will be lucky enough to watch one of your friends and loved ones die.

There is 0% repercussion for corruptness, or if the cop takes a bad day out on a random individual. Someone proposed the idea of taking chunks out of salaries for false arrests, and things of that nature and that sounds lovely and reasonable, and could produce a much more fair world.

Back
Top Bottom